WWE care packages?

Tell it to the world!!
NWK2000

WWE care packages?

Post by NWK2000 » Apr 23rd, '21, 11:21

I wanted to know this and in light of the Mickie James news But wanted to post it here because I don't feel like getting dragged by wrestling Twitter again asking a basic question. What is in these care packages released talent get? Has anyone ever brought that up?
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

Thelone

Re: WWE care packages?

Post by Thelone » Apr 23rd, '21, 11:27

It's probably just a bunch of gym clothes/ring gear/whatever that were in her locker at the PC.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 23rd, '21, 11:34

Thelone wrote: Apr 23rd, '21, 11:27 It's probably just a bunch of gym clothes/ring gear/whatever that were in her locker at the PC.
This is what Meltzer's report seems to indicate.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Thelone

Post by Thelone » Apr 23rd, '21, 18:19

And it's been pretty much confirmed by former wrestlers as well. Frankly, I don't get the big outrage here. Yeah, I guess WWE could have put the clothes in a sports bag instead of a garbage bag, but that doesn't really change anything when you think about it.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 23rd, '21, 18:47

Thelone wrote: Apr 23rd, '21, 18:19 And it's been pretty much confirmed by former wrestlers as well. Frankly, I don't get the big outrage here. Yeah, I guess WWE could have put the clothes in a sports bag instead of a garbage bag, but that doesn't really change anything when you think about it.
It's disrespectful, and for how it seems, misogynist. People were fired for it, and that's as much as can be done.

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Apr 23rd, '21, 21:40

Thelone wrote: Apr 23rd, '21, 11:27 It's probably just a bunch of gym clothes/ring gear/whatever that were in her locker at the PC.
See I always thought wrestlers just had that on them at all times. Maybe not now in light of Covid but I didn't think talent had stuff in WWE storage

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 24th, '21, 08:50

NWK2000 wrote: Apr 23rd, '21, 21:40
See I always thought wrestlers just had that on them at all times. Maybe not now in light of Covid but I didn't think talent had stuff in WWE storage
relevant

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Apr 24th, '21, 15:13

cero2k wrote: Apr 24th, '21, 08:50
NWK2000 wrote: Apr 23rd, '21, 21:40
relevant

This is why I love WR because I can learn new things in a polite environment

Thelone

Post by Thelone » Apr 24th, '21, 15:44

cero2k wrote: Apr 23rd, '21, 18:47It's disrespectful, and for how it seems, misogynist.
Maybe, but it's such a stupid thing to be offended about. It's literally "they sent my dirty laundry in a trash bag, THOSE MONSTERS!!!".

Clearly, Mickie didn't like how she was treated during this WWE stint (and I don't blame her, she could have done a bit more than just be Bliss' sidekick, do commentary for a show no one watches, and... have random matches) and has no issue nuking this bridge, but let's not pretend that she just revealed some deep, disturbing shit about WWE.
People were fired for it, and that's as much as can be done.
Feels more like they finally found an excuse to fire Creepy Hair Guy and use him as a scapegoat.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 24th, '21, 17:52

Thelone wrote: Apr 24th, '21, 15:44
cero2k wrote: Apr 23rd, '21, 18:47It's disrespectful, and for how it seems, misogynist.
Maybe, but it's such a stupid thing to be offended about. It's literally "they sent my dirty laundry in a trash bag, THOSE MONSTERS!!!".

Clearly, Mickie didn't like how she was treated during this WWE stint (and I don't blame her, she could have done a bit more than just be Bliss' sidekick, do commentary for a show no one watches, and... have random matches) and has no issue nuking this bridge, but let's not pretend that she just revealed some deep, disturbing shit about WWE.
I think you're trying to see more than there was in Mickey's reaction, she just made a post about the garbage bag, maybe it was more about being fired than the bag, but it was just a tweet, it just happened to gain some attention and WWE is all about PR and damage control. If the tweet hadn't picked up steam, no one would had been fired even if WWE people saw it. At the end, we don't get to say what MJ get offended at.

If I ever get fired from my job, I would most definitely rather have my things sent to me in a box and not a trash bag.

Thelone

Post by Thelone » Apr 25th, '21, 03:49

I mean, it's pretty clear to me how she felt about the bag AND the last three years AND being fired. Also, she knew exactly what she was doing by posting this pic on Twitter. Maybe not people losing their jobs over it, but at least stirring some shit up because that's what Twitter (and sOcIaL mEdIa in general) does all the time.
If I ever get fired from my job, I would most definitely rather have my things sent to me in a box and not a trash bag.
Except... this is exactly what happened here. In one of the pictures, you can clearly see the cardboard box the bag was in.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 25th, '21, 10:24

Thelone wrote: Apr 25th, '21, 03:49

Except... this is exactly what happened here. In one of the pictures, you can clearly see the cardboard box the bag was in.

That definitely changes the context for me.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 25th, '21, 13:37

It's still a trash bag, an unnecessary trash bag if you actually have a box to put the stuff in. For a company that preaches "being part of the family" and "then.now.forever.together" , this was just shitty handling. A fireable excuse? By itself maybe not, but enough for Khan to fire him, and with the history of complains on Carrano, no one was going to jump in to defend him.

Thelone

Post by Thelone » Apr 26th, '21, 07:40

A lot of companies are like that. They always tell you that "we're this great family" and "we care about our employees and their well-being" and whatever else, only to realize once you're in that it's just the same as most places where you're an easily disposable pawn, most people barely tolerate each other and are walking on eggshells all the time. It's not just a WWE thing or even a wrestling thing, it's everywhere.

And yeah, I doubt anyone cares about Carrano and his hair fetish being fired.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 26th, '21, 11:20

Thelone wrote: Apr 26th, '21, 07:40 A lot of companies are like that. They always tell you that "we're this great family" and "we care about our employees and their well-being" and whatever else, only to realize once you're in that it's just the same as most places where you're an easily disposable pawn, most people barely tolerate each other and are walking on eggshells all the time. It's not just a WWE thing or even a wrestling thing, it's everywhere.

And yeah, I doubt anyone cares about Carrano and his hair fetish being fired.
Yeah, 100% it's not a WWE thing. Rest assured I hate those other companies as much as I hate WWE. Burn them all.