WWE Backstage Showerthought...

Tell it to the world!!
Bob-O

WWE Backstage Showerthought...

Post by Bob-O » Oct 16th, '19, 13:33

Being that Backstage is strictly a Fox production, so much so Meltzer said while unlikely it'd be possible for somebody like CM Punk to sign a performers contract with AEW and still host WWE Backstage - WWE couldn't do anything about it, I don't think anyone quite understands the game changer this show could be.

Vince has spent the majority of his career pulling EVERYTHING in house, he's the boss, he's in control of all of it. Early on it was photography, printing arena programs, Colliseum Home Video, and most recently The Network... this is a man that will do everything in his legal power to get his footage off of YouTube, to cease and desist anything that he might consider "his" outside of his umbrella, to even bury his own performers that get themselves over. It's common knowledge he's a control freak, but I don't think people really grasp the extent of it.

WWE Backstage on FS1 isn't something we're supposed to have.

Fox is now in a position to say, "Hey! We keep running stories on the Chad Gable guy, how he's such an accomplished athlete... people really seem to like it, but you keep having him lose... your show is screwing with our show, why don't we try to get on the same page..."

More so, while Fox doesn't know a whole lot about the wrestling game, you've got to believe that the hosts have A LOT of input on the direction the show takes... like Renee Young who you have to believe would be on the same page as Mox as to how things are presented...

Probably nothing, but the possibilities are huge.

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: WWE Backstage Showerthought...

Post by cero2k » Oct 16th, '19, 14:24

Potential in anyone else's hands, but WWE made sure to tell FOX to use their talent for it and now it's just another generic WWE show, nor Booker nor Renee are going to stir away from the script. Last night Rene was rapping like a dumbass cutting a promo on a WWE hater saying 'we got the fox money' like if she had just drank the same Flavor-Aid Rollins has been drinking all year. So far, it's just another WWE Circlejerck show.

Vince as you say is a master of micromanaging, and he's not gonna risk this show not following the WWE-talk.

I do see your point about FOX eventually wanting to put their hand in the show and change stuff, it could be interesting. Like I don't think WWE would be bothered if they ask for the to cover Shorty Gable, but what if the ratings don't do anything and FOX wants to spice it up with people outside WWE who wouldn't be afraid at poking the bear that doesn't sign their checks.

Or even, like with Talking Smack and Stone Cold's Podcast, what if certain wrestlers start cutting promos that get them over or promise matches that WWE is not planning on delivering, that's the whole reason both shows were cancelled to begin with.