Site Admin

When the Scurll finger break spot is done right

Post by cero2k » Feb 18th, '19, 16:23

OTT Homecoming II Spoilers, and yes. graphic content
Hidden text.

XIV

Re: When the Scurll finger break spot is done right

Post by XIV » Feb 18th, '19, 23:59

He broke his fucking finger! Like, did Scurll just say “can I break your finger” and the response being “yeah, crack on”

Or is this some accident.
Have A Nice Day!

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 19th, '19, 02:06

XIV wrote: Feb 18th, '19, 23:59 He broke his fucking finger! Like, did Scurll just say “can I break your finger” and the response being “yeah, crack on”

Accident vs WALTER at OTT, it was dislocated and he popped it right back mid match

XIV

Post by XIV » Feb 19th, '19, 04:30

cero2k wrote: Feb 19th, '19, 02:06
XIV wrote: Feb 18th, '19, 23:59 He broke his fucking finger! Like, did Scurll just say “can I break your finger” and the response being “yeah, crack on”

Accident vs WALTER at OTT, it was dislocated and he popped it right back mid match
Thank fuck for that. Dangerous shit spot otherwise!
Have A Nice Day!

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Feb 19th, '19, 11:31

XIV wrote: Feb 19th, '19, 04:30

And that's why I don't like the spot. If it were real Scrull would be in the list of most dangerous wrestler, but it's just a thing he does. And I like Marty. I like his gimmick, it's just the finger break spot is just immersion breaking
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Feb 19th, '19, 12:32

Doesn't y'all's boy Pete Dunne do it too?

Actually a big reason why I hope Scurll doesn't go to NXT/WWE, I'm afraid they wouldn't let him use that spot...

XIV

Post by XIV » Feb 19th, '19, 13:03

Bob-O wrote: Feb 19th, '19, 12:32 Doesn't y'all's boy Pete Dunne do it too?

Actually a big reason why I hope Scurll doesn't go to NXT/WWE, I'm afraid they wouldn't let him use that spot...
No, he does the whole finger manipulation, but he does it in quite a safe way if you watch. Except where he bites.
Have A Nice Day!

XIV

Post by XIV » Feb 19th, '19, 13:03

XIV wrote: Feb 19th, '19, 13:03
Bob-O wrote: Feb 19th, '19, 12:32 Doesn't y'all's boy Pete Dunne do it too?

No, he does the whole finger manipulation, but he does it in quite a safe way if you watch. Except where he bites.
But I don’t think they let him do the bite on WWE TV.
Have A Nice Day!

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 20th, '19, 09:32

the fixing of such spot

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Feb 20th, '19, 09:51

cero2k wrote: Feb 20th, '19, 09:32 the fixing of such spot

I don't get that name...Never have. Is it just "Pac" like "2pac" . or Pac, like Pac-man.

What's it supposed to mean or be...if anything? Or is it just some kind of abbreviation?
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 20th, '19, 10:13

Political Action Committee

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Feb 20th, '19, 10:46

cero2k wrote: Feb 20th, '19, 10:13 Political Action Committee
Professional Annoying Cretin.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 20th, '19, 10:48

KILLdozer wrote: Feb 20th, '19, 10:46
i asked the internet. The story is that ever since he was a kid, he's had a 6-pack, so his dad used to call him 6-pac or just pac, and that ended up sticking til today.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Feb 20th, '19, 10:57

cero2k wrote: Feb 20th, '19, 10:48
KILLdozer wrote: Feb 20th, '19, 10:46
i asked the internet. The story is that ever since he was a kid, he's had a 6-pack, so his dad used to call him 6-pac or just pac, and that ended up sticking til today.
I'm pretty sure he just likes elephants.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 20th, '19, 11:00

KILLdozer wrote: Feb 20th, '19, 10:57
i mean, who doesn't?

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Feb 20th, '19, 11:16

cero2k wrote: Feb 20th, '19, 11:00
KILLdozer wrote: Feb 20th, '19, 10:57
i mean, who doesn't?
Dang ol', paciderms man.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 20th, '19, 14:14

NWK2000 wrote: Feb 19th, '19, 11:31
XIV wrote: Feb 19th, '19, 04:30

And that's why I don't like the spot. If it were real Scrull would be in the list of most dangerous wrestler, but it's just a thing he does. And I like Marty. I like his gimmick, it's just the finger break spot is just immersion breaking
I'd actually place the blame for the immersion-breaking on overzealous announcers trying to sell things too hard. If announcers had originally portrayed it as a dislocation it would still be painful but still fixable (as Aleister Black did in a recent match when someone did that spot to him).
But I definitely agree with you in principle, and because it has so widely become known as a "finger-breaking" spot, I agree that it shouldn't be done unless it's going to be followed up on in an intelligent way both during the match and afterwards (think Raven breaking Dreamer's fingers).
Also, I could be wrong, but my understanding is that at least in North America and Japan (if not Germany as well) small joint manipulation has usually been portrayed as illegal, and thus really shouldn't be allowed outside of the UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa (and maybe one or two other non-Canada commonwealth countries I'm forgetting. I realize India has had wrestling in the past and I don't know much about it, but my understanding is that it was less British-style than you would expect so it might not be legal there, either).
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Feb 20th, '19, 15:20

Big Red Machine wrote: Feb 20th, '19, 14:14 Also, I could be wrong, but my understanding is that at least in North America and Japan (if not Germany as well) small joint manipulation has usually been portrayed as illegal, and thus really shouldn't be allowed outside of the UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa (and maybe one or two other non-Canada commonwealth countries I'm forgetting. I realize India has had wrestling in the past and I don't know much about it, but my understanding is that it was less British-style than you would expect so it might not be legal there, either).
The way Nigel puts over Pete Dunne doing it makes me think it's illegal in all places where more technical wrestling is the norm. The reason why it seems region specific to us as Americans is because that is very much not the style here and didn't really become that way until British wrestling started drawing in the US.
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 20th, '19, 20:09

NWK2000 wrote: Feb 20th, '19, 15:20
Big Red Machine wrote: Feb 20th, '19, 14:14 Also, I could be wrong, but my understanding is that at least in North America and Japan (if not Germany as well) small joint manipulation has usually been portrayed as illegal, and thus really shouldn't be allowed outside of the UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa (and maybe one or two other non-Canada commonwealth countries I'm forgetting. I realize India has had wrestling in the past and I don't know much about it, but my understanding is that it was less British-style than you would expect so it might not be legal there, either).
The way Nigel puts over Pete Dunne doing it makes me think it's illegal in all places where more technical wrestling is the norm. The reason why it seems region specific to us as Americans is because that is very much not the style here and didn't really become that way until British wrestling started drawing in the US.
Don't forget that Nigel was actually trained in the US.

The European style was always around if you knew who to look for (Quackenbush, Hero, Dragon, and eventually Doug Williams, Claudio, Ares, and Sitoci came over and started doing it with them), but even when people would do the that style here or in Japan, I rarely ever saw any stuff going after fingers.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3