Page 8 of 11

Re: Let's have fun with this. Complete this sentence. "I may be the only person in the world who thinks this but..."

Posted: Mar 9th, '19, 07:38
by Bob-O
KILLdozer wrote:
Mar 9th, '19, 01:00
Alright-here we go again-I'm soured on Cm Punk-have been for years. I (shut up Cero!), never found him that great. He was entertaining for years to watch, but I never saw as him as this GREAT of his era. AJ Styles is better. Kurt Angle was better. Shawn Michaels of course was better. Daniel Bryan? Probably and arguably. Seth Rollins is much better.

I was just never a number one top fan of the guy. And no this isn't a "I hate that Indy skinny fat boy and I give him 4/10 like I'm Bret Hart. "

On the contrary. I quite enjoyed him and he made me laugh from time when he was a mainstay. Then his attitude came out and that did a lot for my opinion professionally and personally and I never put much thought into it ...but yeah....he's NOT "THE BEST IN THE WORLD AT WHAT HE-DID.)

Any given night there were 5 better.
Punk's attitude killed it for a lot of people. Comparisons aside, he wrestled like somebody that truly loved it. He cut promos like somebody that truly loved it. He was full of little nods to his indie friends and inside jokes, that made you think that he loved it.

As fans, to have him walk away from WWE and not want anything to do with the sport or the fans ever ever again... I mean, whatever, but he's just been such an asshole about it... something we thought he loved... screwing over his "best friend" in the process... it really takes away the smoke and mirrors of his "greatness" and makes one realize how he was really just "above average".

To add to your point, I might be the only one in the world that thinks this, but I understand and agree with why Vince did not want to put CM Punk in the main event of Wrestlemania.

Re: Let's have fun with this. Complete this sentence. "I may be the only person in the world who thinks this but..."

Posted: Mar 9th, '19, 12:35
by KILLdozer
Bob-O wrote:
Mar 9th, '19, 07:38
KILLdozer wrote:
Mar 9th, '19, 01:00
Alright-here we go again-I'm soured on Cm Punk-have been for years. I (shut up Cero!), never found him that great. He was entertaining for years to watch, but I never saw as him as this GREAT of his era. AJ Styles is better. Kurt Angle was better. Shawn Michaels of course was better. Daniel Bryan? Probably and arguably. Seth Rollins is much better.

I was just never a number one top fan of the guy. And no this isn't a "I hate that Indy skinny fat boy and I give him 4/10 like I'm Bret Hart. "

On the contrary. I quite enjoyed him and he made me laugh from time when he was a mainstay. Then his attitude came out and that did a lot for my opinion professionally and personally and I never put much thought into it ...but yeah....he's NOT "THE BEST IN THE WORLD AT WHAT HE-DID.)

Any given night there were 5 better.
Punk's attitude killed it for a lot of people. Comparisons aside, he wrestled like somebody that truly loved it. He cut promos like somebody that truly loved it. He was full of little nods to his indie friends and inside jokes, that made you think that he loved it.

As fans, to have him walk away from WWE and not want anything to do with the sport or the fans ever ever again... I mean, whatever, but he's just been such an asshole about it... something we thought he loved... screwing over his "best friend" in the process... it really takes away the smoke and mirrors of his "greatness" and makes one realize how he was really just "above average".

To add to your point, I might be the only one in the world that thinks this, but I understand and agree with why Vince did not want to put CM Punk in the main event of Wrestlemania.
Yeah because he's literally a fuckin' punk. Like the Ultimate Warrior main eventing lol.

Re: Let's have fun with this. Complete this sentence. "I may be the only person in the world who thinks this but..."

Posted: Mar 9th, '19, 20:37
by Big Red Machine
Bob-O wrote:
Mar 9th, '19, 07:38
KILLdozer wrote:
Mar 9th, '19, 01:00
Alright-here we go again-I'm soured on Cm Punk-have been for years. I (shut up Cero!), never found him that great. He was entertaining for years to watch, but I never saw as him as this GREAT of his era. AJ Styles is better. Kurt Angle was better. Shawn Michaels of course was better. Daniel Bryan? Probably and arguably. Seth Rollins is much better.

I was just never a number one top fan of the guy. And no this isn't a "I hate that Indy skinny fat boy and I give him 4/10 like I'm Bret Hart. "

On the contrary. I quite enjoyed him and he made me laugh from time when he was a mainstay. Then his attitude came out and that did a lot for my opinion professionally and personally and I never put much thought into it ...but yeah....he's NOT "THE BEST IN THE WORLD AT WHAT HE-DID.)

Any given night there were 5 better.
Punk's attitude killed it for a lot of people. Comparisons aside, he wrestled like somebody that truly loved it. He cut promos like somebody that truly loved it. He was full of little nods to his indie friends and inside jokes, that made you think that he loved it.

As fans, to have him walk away from WWE and not want anything to do with the sport or the fans ever ever again... I mean, whatever, but he's just been such an asshole about it... something we thought he loved... screwing over his "best friend" in the process... it really takes away the smoke and mirrors of his "greatness" and makes one realize how he was really just "above average".

To add to your point, I might be the only one in the world that thinks this, but I understand and agree with why Vince did not want to put CM Punk in the main event of Wrestlemania.
I disagree. Being an asshole in real life and not wanting anything to do with the business anymore shouldn't affect your opinion of his body of work in the slightest.

Re: Let's have fun with this. Complete this sentence. "I may be the only person in the world who thinks this but..."

Posted: Mar 9th, '19, 21:57
by Bob-O
Big Red Machine wrote:
Mar 9th, '19, 20:37
I disagree. Being an asshole in real life and not wanting anything to do with the business anymore shouldn't affect your opinion of his body of work in the slightest.
It shouldn't, but it does!

A talent like Punk got to where he was by being so relatable. On screen, he was the asshole in all of us, he said what we were all thinking. He wrestled in a way that made us believe he loved it as much as we do. Everything that went down after he left kind of put everything into perspective. Outside of "the moment", under fair assessment, he was a smark's champion and not a good fit to be the face of the company. On a level of Bryan or AJ... sure, but he thought he should be getting Rock/Austin/Cena/Lesnar treatment, and it's unfounded. I see that now. Back then, not so much... his departure and attitude where very grounding.

Re: Let's have fun with this. Complete this sentence. "I may be the only person in the world who thinks this but..."

Posted: Mar 9th, '19, 22:04
by cero2k
Bob-O wrote:
Mar 9th, '19, 07:38
KILLdozer wrote:
Mar 9th, '19, 01:00
Alright-here we go again-I'm soured on Cm Punk-have been for years. I (shut up Cero!), never found him that great. He was entertaining for years to watch, but I never saw as him as this GREAT of his era. AJ Styles is better. Kurt Angle was better. Shawn Michaels of course was better. Daniel Bryan? Probably and arguably. Seth Rollins is much better.

I was just never a number one top fan of the guy. And no this isn't a "I hate that Indy skinny fat boy and I give him 4/10 like I'm Bret Hart. "

On the contrary. I quite enjoyed him and he made me laugh from time when he was a mainstay. Then his attitude came out and that did a lot for my opinion professionally and personally and I never put much thought into it ...but yeah....he's NOT "THE BEST IN THE WORLD AT WHAT HE-DID.)

Any given night there were 5 better.
Punk's attitude killed it for a lot of people. Comparisons aside, he wrestled like somebody that truly loved it. He cut promos like somebody that truly loved it. He was full of little nods to his indie friends and inside jokes, that made you think that he loved it.

As fans, to have him walk away from WWE and not want anything to do with the sport or the fans ever ever again... I mean, whatever, but he's just been such an asshole about it... something we thought he loved... screwing over his "best friend" in the process... it really takes away the smoke and mirrors of his "greatness" and makes one realize how he was really just "above average".

To add to your point, I might be the only one in the world that thinks this, but I understand and agree with why Vince did not want to put CM Punk in the main event of Wrestlemania.
I actually started liking Punk more once he left. I will never not respect someone who leaves a big paycheck to just, be happy.

Re: Let's have fun with this. Complete this sentence. "I may be the only person in the world who thinks this but..."

Posted: Mar 10th, '19, 00:03
by Big Red Machine
Bob-O wrote:
Mar 9th, '19, 21:57
Big Red Machine wrote:
Mar 9th, '19, 20:37
I disagree. Being an asshole in real life and not wanting anything to do with the business anymore shouldn't affect your opinion of his body of work in the slightest.
It shouldn't, but it does!

A talent like Punk got to where he was by being so relatable. On screen, he was the asshole in all of us, he said what we were all thinking. He wrestled in a way that made us believe he loved it as much as we do. Everything that went down after he left kind of put everything into perspective. Outside of "the moment", under fair assessment, he was a smark's champion and not a good fit to be the face of the company. On a level of Bryan or AJ... sure, but he thought he should be getting Rock/Austin/Cena/Lesnar treatment, and it's unfounded. I see that now. Back then, not so much... his departure and attitude where very grounding.
I never found Punk particularly relatable. He's the asshole in all of us, but so are Kevin Owens, Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, Austin Aries, Adam Cole, Roderick Strong, Johnny Mundo, Chris Hero, Chris Jericho, Christian, Jim Cornette, Bobby Roode, James Storm, Chuck Taylor, Ken Anderson, Alexa Bliss!, Tammy Sytch, Kenny King, Kevin Nash, Silas Young, Don Callis, Lacey, Bobby Gunns, David Starr, Matt Jackson (he's the one that does most of the talking, right?), etc.
Each of those people has things on top of that which makes them different. Punk is Straight Edge and covered in tattoos. I am not nor will I ever be either of those things. I never really connected with him on any level other than as a worker and as a character playing his assigned role on my TV screen, and he was excellent at both.
I don't think it's fair to criticize him because his experiences in WWE made him fall out of love with wrestling. Combine that with the fact that most of the promoters that Punk worked for were relatively scummy people (he basically worked for Vince, TNA, and early 2003s indy promoters). Of the people that don't fall into those categories that he knows and might be inclined to go back and help there is really just Gabe & Sal, who are pretty much in bed with WWE, to the point where both sides know they'd never be allowed to use him without it causing major problems.

Re: Let's have fun with this. Complete this sentence. "I may be the only person in the world who thinks this but..."

Posted: Mar 10th, '19, 20:04
by Serujuunin
Big Red Machine wrote:
Mar 10th, '19, 00:03
Bob-O wrote:
Mar 9th, '19, 21:57
Big Red Machine wrote:
Mar 9th, '19, 20:37
I disagree. Being an asshole in real life and not wanting anything to do with the business anymore shouldn't affect your opinion of his body of work in the slightest.
It shouldn't, but it does!

A talent like Punk got to where he was by being so relatable. On screen, he was the asshole in all of us, he said what we were all thinking. He wrestled in a way that made us believe he loved it as much as we do. Everything that went down after he left kind of put everything into perspective. Outside of "the moment", under fair assessment, he was a smark's champion and not a good fit to be the face of the company. On a level of Bryan or AJ... sure, but he thought he should be getting Rock/Austin/Cena/Lesnar treatment, and it's unfounded. I see that now. Back then, not so much... his departure and attitude where very grounding.
I never found Punk particularly relatable. He's the asshole in all of us, but so are Kevin Owens, Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, Austin Aries, Adam Cole, Roderick Strong, Johnny Mundo, Chris Hero, Chris Jericho, Christian, Jim Cornette, Bobby Roode, James Storm, Chuck Taylor, Ken Anderson, Alexa Bliss!, Tammy Sytch, Kenny King, Kevin Nash, Silas Young, Don Callis, Lacey, Bobby Gunns, David Starr, Matt Jackson (he's the one that does most of the talking, right?), etc.
Each of those people has things on top of that which makes them different. Punk is Straight Edge and covered in tattoos. I am not nor will I ever be either of those things. I never really connected with him on any level other than as a worker and as a character playing his assigned role on my TV screen, and he was excellent at both.
I don't think it's fair to criticize him because his experiences in WWE made him fall out of love with wrestling. Combine that with the fact that most of the promoters that Punk worked for were relatively scummy people (he basically worked for Vince, TNA, and early 2003s indy promoters). Of the people that don't fall into those categories that he knows and might be inclined to go back and help there is really just Gabe & Sal, who are pretty much in bed with WWE, to the point where both sides know they'd never be allowed to use him without it causing major problems.
Regarding that straight edge thing... I am definitely straight edge, and I also have tattoos, so I should have been able to relate to him, right? Except that he made straight edge people look like assholes who looked down on everyone who didn't have the same idea of a lifestyle as he did. Don't get me wrong, I love his work, and I will always appreciate it, but I don't necessarily think that he was relatable and that's why people loved him. I think it was because he was different from the alternatives they had at the time, and because it was plainly clear that he was the guy management didn't want to be the face of the company, the fans chose him. Sure, the way he delivered his promos was convincing and definitely made him feel more like an everyman than a lot of his contemporaries, I think it was more out of a desire to be contrary.

I also don't think it's fair to pry so hard into his personal life and why he fell out of love with the industry. It's hard! It's demanding, injuries are almost guaranteed, and oftentimes you do it for fans who don't even really appreciate what it is you're doing for them. On top of the fact that WWE is a very political landscape and he was clearly not the type to play those games, I think that alone is enough reason for him to want to be done with it.

I will always love his ring work, even if I am missing a large part of it because I'm only familiar with WWE, but his attitude has definitely left a bad taste in my mouth.

Re: Let's have fun with this. Complete this sentence. "I may be the only person in the world who thinks this but..."

Posted: Mar 11th, '19, 16:14
by KILLdozer
Maybe because no one else noticed...but Saxton is almost completely bald lol.

Re: Let's have fun with this. Complete this sentence. "I may be the only person in the world who thinks this but..."

Posted: Mar 11th, '19, 18:56
by NWK2000
I may be the only person in the world who thinks this, but Aleister Black and Ricochet have enormous potential as a tag team. They have really good synergy (that double moonsault fake out at Fastlane) that will only improve over time.

Re: Let's have fun with this. Complete this sentence. "I may be the only person in the world who thinks this but..."

Posted: Mar 11th, '19, 19:29
by Serujuunin
NWK2000 wrote:
Mar 11th, '19, 18:56
I may be the only person in the world who thinks this, but Aleister Black and Ricochet have enormous potential as a tag team. They have really good synergy (that double moonsault fake out at Fastlane) that will only improve over time.
I wouldn't have agreed with you a month ago, but I'm beginning to feel it too!

Re: Let's have fun with this. Complete this sentence. "I may be the only person in the world who thinks this but..."

Posted: Mar 11th, '19, 19:37
by NWK2000
Serujuunin wrote:
Mar 11th, '19, 19:29
NWK2000 wrote:
Mar 11th, '19, 18:56
I may be the only person in the world who thinks this, but Aleister Black and Ricochet have enormous potential as a tag team. They have really good synergy (that double moonsault fake out at Fastlane) that will only improve over time.
I wouldn't have agreed with you a month ago, but I'm beginning to feel it too!
Agreed. I was extremely skeptical but Fastlane won me over. Also it could lead to an Aleister heel turn later, which would've been my next "I'm the only person who thinks this."

Re: Let's have fun with this. Complete this sentence. "I may be the only person in the world who thinks this but..."

Posted: Mar 11th, '19, 20:03
by Big Red Machine
Serujuunin wrote:
Mar 11th, '19, 19:29
NWK2000 wrote:
Mar 11th, '19, 18:56
I may be the only person in the world who thinks this, but Aleister Black and Ricochet have enormous potential as a tag team. They have really good synergy (that double moonsault fake out at Fastlane) that will only improve over time.
I wouldn't have agreed with you a month ago, but I'm beginning to feel it too!


Their potential as a team was pretty clear to me simply because they're good enough workers that they can figure it out (and End has a lot of tag team experience in wXw). I think a lot of people think they have potential as a team. Where people lose faith is that potential as a team means nothing in a promotion that doens't push tag teams.

Re: Let's have fun with this. Complete this sentence. "I may be the only person in the world who thinks this but..."

Posted: Mar 11th, '19, 21:56
by Serujuunin
NWK2000 wrote:
Mar 11th, '19, 19:37
Serujuunin wrote:
Mar 11th, '19, 19:29
NWK2000 wrote:
Mar 11th, '19, 18:56
I may be the only person in the world who thinks this, but Aleister Black and Ricochet have enormous potential as a tag team. They have really good synergy (that double moonsault fake out at Fastlane) that will only improve over time.
I wouldn't have agreed with you a month ago, but I'm beginning to feel it too!
Agreed. I was extremely skeptical but Fastlane won me over. Also it could lead to an Aleister heel turn later, which would've been my next "I'm the only person who thinks this."
I don’t like the idea of Aleister as a heel to be honest. I like the way his character is/was in NXT because there nothing else like it and it’s very refreshing and different.

Re: Let's have fun with this. Complete this sentence. "I may be the only person in the world who thinks this but..."

Posted: Mar 11th, '19, 22:03
by Big Red Machine
Serujuunin wrote:
Mar 11th, '19, 21:56
NWK2000 wrote:
Mar 11th, '19, 19:37
Serujuunin wrote:
Mar 11th, '19, 19:29


I wouldn't have agreed with you a month ago, but I'm beginning to feel it too!
Agreed. I was extremely skeptical but Fastlane won me over. Also it could lead to an Aleister heel turn later, which would've been my next "I'm the only person who thinks this."
I don’t like the idea of Aleister as a heel to be honest. I like the way his character is/was in NXT because there nothing else like it and it’s very refreshing and different.
He's one of the few guys who functions well as a tweener. He can be a babyface if necessary, but I agree that there is no reason to turn him full heel.

Re: Let's have fun with this. Complete this sentence. "I may be the only person in the world who thinks this but..."

Posted: Mar 13th, '19, 14:18
by KILLdozer
This might be a good choice for Alexa Bliss. I have no clue if she's injured again or not, but if she's gonna do less wrestling related stuff-it's probably for the best. I'm not trolling on Brm or hating at all...but she's not that great of a wrestler. Which we've been over before, so if they're going to capitalize on her talking related promo talents-it would be a waste not to. There's not enough strictly talking personalities anymore.

Re: Let's have fun with this. Complete this sentence. "I may be the only person in the world who thinks this but..."

Posted: Mar 13th, '19, 14:18
by KILLdozer
Also...Kevin Owens has MORE tattoos...great.

Re: Let's have fun with this. Complete this sentence. "I may be the only person in the world who thinks this but..."

Posted: Mar 13th, '19, 14:25
by KILLdozer
I'm gonna keep going...I find out silly and grating every time commentary says "KO", when referring to Kevin Owens. Idk why they do it other than just because and it seems very random.

Re: Let's have fun with this. Complete this sentence. "I may be the only person in the world who thinks this but..."

Posted: Mar 13th, '19, 15:27
by cero2k
KILLdozer wrote:
Mar 13th, '19, 14:25
I'm gonna keep going...I find out silly and grating every time commentary says "KO", when referring to Kevin Owens. Idk why they do it other than just because and it seems very random.
they're initials and it was become a nickname. All his tshirts say KO. Just like HHH, HBK, or Double-A

Re: Let's have fun with this. Complete this sentence. "I may be the only person in the world who thinks this but..."

Posted: Mar 13th, '19, 18:21
by Serujuunin
KILLdozer wrote:
Mar 13th, '19, 14:18
Also...Kevin Owens has MORE tattoos...great.
Hey, I love KO’s new tattoos. Have you seen the one of the crocodile?

Re: Let's have fun with this. Complete this sentence. "I may be the only person in the world who thinks this but..."

Posted: Mar 13th, '19, 19:36
by KILLdozer
Serujuunin wrote:
Mar 13th, '19, 18:21
KILLdozer wrote:
Mar 13th, '19, 14:18
Also...Kevin Owens has MORE tattoos...great.
Hey, I love KO’s new tattoos. Have you seen the one of the crocodile?
For some they just don't appeal to me lol