Let's have fun with this. Complete this sentence. "I may be the only person in the world who thinks this but..."

Tell it to the world!!
Big Red Machine

Re: Let's have fun with this. Complete this sentence. "I may be the only person in the world who thinks this but..."

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 18th, '19, 11:19

Earth Child wrote: Feb 18th, '19, 10:28 Peyton and Billie are also not names common here and would be associated with American names

Shane is (as in Shane Thorne) is.
They're not common names here, either. My guess is that Billie is more common in the UK, simply because the only Billie I've ever heard of in real life (Billie Piper) is British.

I don't know where "Peyton" comes from. The only other Peyton I've heard of was the name Rain used during her TNA run, but that was as part of a pun (Peyton Banks... because she was managing rich guy Bobby Roode).
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Re: Let's have fun with this. Complete this sentence. "I may be the only person in the world who thinks this but..."

Post by KILLdozer » Feb 20th, '19, 13:39

Alright here goes. Judas Mesias-before he bulked and turned into Mil Muertes-could have been big in WWE.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

e-moose

Post by e-moose » Mar 4th, '19, 13:59

cero2k wrote: Feb 12th, '19, 10:15
Bob-O wrote: Feb 12th, '19, 10:03 I got used to "Dolph Ziggler", I got used to "Daniel Bryan", and I get used to people losing half their name... repetition is key, that said...

I might be the only person in the world that think this but, "NXT" always has and always will sound stupid.
it doesn't stand for anything!
New Xtreme Talent

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Mar 4th, '19, 15:00

e-moose wrote: Mar 4th, '19, 13:59
Bob-O wrote: Feb 12th, '19, 10:03 I got used to "Dolph Ziggler", I got used to "Daniel Bryan", and I get used to people losing half their name... repetition is key, that said...

I might be the only person in the world that think this but, "NXT" always has and always will sound stupid.
New Xtreme Talent
It's just the word NEXT without the E. I'm pretty sure they made a graphic about it when NXT was first a thing.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Mar 4th, '19, 16:53

Serujuunin wrote: Mar 4th, '19, 15:00

New Xtreme Talent
It's just the word NEXT without the E. I'm pretty sure they made a graphic about it when NXT was first a thing.
The title of "weirdest around", is definitely still yours! Lol

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Mar 4th, '19, 16:55

KILLdozer wrote: Mar 4th, '19, 16:53

New Xtreme Talent
Not sure what I did to earn that, but okay. I'll take it.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Mar 4th, '19, 17:02

Serujuunin wrote: Mar 4th, '19, 16:55

You completely missed the fact that everyone acting like "nxt" actually stands for something....knows it doesn't lol.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Mar 4th, '19, 17:28

KILLdozer wrote: Mar 4th, '19, 17:02

You completely missed the fact that everyone acting like "nxt" actually stands for something....knows it doesn't lol.
No, I actually think that before the first “season” of NXT, there was a big graphic about it. I might be misremembering and I’m counting on Red to correct me, but it does have a meaning. It means that it’s the next generation, that’s the whole shtick of the brand lol

e-moose

Post by e-moose » Mar 4th, '19, 17:43

cero2k wrote: Feb 18th, '19, 09:44 name Buddy comes from 'friend', definitely an american thing.
I wuz gonna ask, are there any Newfiez inda haus? I'm pretty sure every male Newfoundlander iz named Buddy, plus every male who happenz to come into contact with any Newfoundlander!

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Mar 4th, '19, 17:43

Serujuunin wrote: Mar 4th, '19, 17:28 No, I actually think that before the first “season” of NXT, there was a big graphic about it. I might be misremembering and I’m counting on Red to correct me, but it does have a meaning. It means that it’s the next generation, that’s the whole shtick of the brand lol
Not Red, but I can clarify that when the original "Pro's n Rookies" NXT came on, it didn't stand for anything. It drove me nuts back then... now... and forever.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Mar 4th, '19, 17:45

Bob-O wrote: Mar 4th, '19, 17:43
Serujuunin wrote: Mar 4th, '19, 17:28 No, I actually think that before the first “season” of NXT, there was a big graphic about it. I might be misremembering and I’m counting on Red to correct me, but it does have a meaning. It means that it’s the next generation, that’s the whole shtick of the brand lol
Not Red, but I can clarify that when the original "Pro's n Rookies" NXT came on, it didn't stand for anything. It drove me nuts back then... now... and forever.
Then where the hell did I get this idea. I don’t think I manifested it myself lol

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Mar 4th, '19, 17:50

Yeah no, NXT does not and never did stand for anything.

Unless...

No Xenophobes Tonight!

Wait that's obviously not it...

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 4th, '19, 18:07

Serujuunin wrote: Mar 4th, '19, 17:28
KILLdozer wrote: Mar 4th, '19, 17:02

No, I actually think that before the first “season” of NXT, there was a big graphic about it. I might be misremembering and I’m counting on Red to correct me, but it does have a meaning. It means that it’s the next generation, that’s the whole shtick of the brand lol
I have no memory of them ever saying it stood for anything or meant anything. Then again, the only parts of the first episode I remember are the stuff involving Dragon.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Mar 4th, '19, 18:09

Serujuunin wrote: Mar 4th, '19, 17:45
Then where the hell did I get this idea. I don’t think I manifested it myself lol
At the very beginning of it, "NEXT" was the assumed meaning, and I do believe somebody within WWE said "No, it really doesn't stand for anything... it's just some letters we threw together... sounds cool, though! Right!?" and it's been punching my OCD in the nuts ever since.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Mar 4th, '19, 18:14

What the hell! Did I have a fever dream or something?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 4th, '19, 18:19

Serujuunin wrote: Mar 4th, '19, 18:14 What the hell! Did I have a fever dream or something?
Or possibly you read something on their website in the week beforehand and Vince changed his mind and decided not to go with it.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Mar 4th, '19, 18:22

Serujuunin wrote: Mar 4th, '19, 18:14 What the hell! Did I have a fever dream or something?
What the hell do you REALLY think NXT could have stood for anyways though?

"New 'Xperimental Territory"?

e-moose

Post by e-moose » Mar 4th, '19, 18:31

Bob-O wrote: Mar 4th, '19, 18:09
Serujuunin wrote: Mar 4th, '19, 17:45
At the very beginning of it, "NEXT" was the assumed meaning, and I do believe somebody within WWE said "No, it really doesn't stand for anything... it's just some letters we threw together... sounds cool, though! Right!?" and it's been punching my OCD in the nuts ever since.
So what do y'all think of that all-girl group from several yearz ago called GRL?

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Mar 4th, '19, 18:52

Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 4th, '19, 18:19
Or possibly you read something on their website in the week beforehand and Vince changed his mind and decided not to go with it.
My idea is better anyway.
KILLdozer wrote: Mar 4th, '19, 18:22
What the hell do you REALLY think NXT could have stood for anyways though?

"New 'Xperimental Territory"?
I did say, in an earlier post lol

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Mar 9th, '19, 01:00

Alright-here we go again-I'm soured on Cm Punk-have been for years. I (shut up Cero!), never found him that great. He was entertaining for years to watch, but I never saw as him as this GREAT of his era. AJ Styles is better. Kurt Angle was better. Shawn Michaels of course was better. Daniel Bryan? Probably and arguably. Seth Rollins is much better.

I was just never a number one top fan of the guy. And no this isn't a "I hate that Indy skinny fat boy and I give him 4/10 like I'm Bret Hart. "

On the contrary. I quite enjoyed him and he made me laugh from time when he was a mainstay. Then his attitude came out and that did a lot for my opinion professionally and personally and I never put much thought into it ...but yeah....he's NOT "THE BEST IN THE WORLD AT WHAT HE-DID.)

Any given night there were 5 better.