Let's have fun with this. Complete this sentence. "I may be the only person in the world who thinks this but..."

Tell it to the world!!
KILLdozer

Re: Let's have fun with this. Complete this sentence. "I may be the only person in the world who thinks this but..."

Post by KILLdozer » Feb 12th, '19, 12:13

Big Red Machine wrote: Feb 12th, '19, 12:07
KILLdozer wrote: Feb 12th, '19, 11:26 ...But why is Baron Corbin still dressing like this if he's no longer "that one corporate guy"?
Maybe he likes dressing that way?
I think it obviously has to do with his physique mostly. He's always worn a shirt lol.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Big Red Machine

Re: Let's have fun with this. Complete this sentence. "I may be the only person in the world who thinks this but..."

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 12th, '19, 13:32

KILLdozer wrote: Feb 12th, '19, 12:13
KILLdozer wrote: Feb 12th, '19, 11:26 ...But why is Baron Corbin still dressing like this if he's no longer "that one corporate guy"?
I think it obviously has to do with his physique mostly. He's always worn a shirt lol.
Alternative theory: he wants to hide some of his horrendous tattoos.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 12th, '19, 13:41

i think he's trying to hide he's actually a robot controlled by a putty version of Krang

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Feb 12th, '19, 13:42

Big Red Machine wrote: Feb 12th, '19, 13:32
KILLdozer wrote: Feb 12th, '19, 12:13

Alternative theory: he wants to hide some of his horrendous tattoos.
There's nothing really that out of the ordinary though. Just regular full color tattoos.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Feb 12th, '19, 14:11

cero2k wrote: Feb 12th, '19, 13:41 i think he's trying to hide he's actually a robot controlled by a putty version of Krang
Impossible. Savio Vega is a far better worker.
KILLdozer wrote: Feb 12th, '19, 13:42 There's nothing really that out of the ordinary though. Just regular full color tattoos.
...of what? The obnoxious one on his chest looks like some birds fighting over a sardine can they pulled out of the garbage. His left arm looks like his buddy who's "really good at it" did it in exchange for weed in his living room with the xbox paused.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Feb 12th, '19, 14:18

Bob-O wrote: Feb 12th, '19, 14:11
cero2k wrote: Feb 12th, '19, 13:41 i think he's trying to hide he's actually a robot controlled by a putty version of Krang
KILLdozer wrote: Feb 12th, '19, 13:42 There's nothing really that out of the ordinary though. Just regular full color tattoos.
...of what? The obnoxious one on his chest looks like some birds fighting over a sardine can they pulled out of the garbage. His left arm looks like his buddy who's "really good at it" did it in exchange for weed in his living room with the xbox paused.
The chest is like some kind of larks or sparrows around a heart in a cage or some shit, and his arm is just a clock and hourglass and other shit. They're definitely EXTREMELY white guy/white woman average style...but I've seen a lot worse...

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 12th, '19, 14:52

You're forgetting to account for reaction time being slowed down by the time it takes for Savio, sitting comfortably in his lair many miles away to then get to the robot's receiver and then be processed and executed by the CPU. Of course it's not as smooth as Savio's human reflexes are.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Feb 12th, '19, 18:57

KILLdozer wrote: Feb 12th, '19, 14:18
The chest is like some kind of larks or sparrows around a heart in a cage or some shit, and his arm is just a clock and hourglass and other shit. They're definitely EXTREMELY white guy/white woman average style...but I've seen a lot worse...
I'm not a fan of his tattoos either tbh... They all look like he walked into the shop and picked them out of the artist's portfolio.

Okay, I'm going to see if I can go two-for-two. I can appreciate what Daniel Bryan being a heel is doing, but the gimmick of "I'm a climate friendly person so I'm better than you" just feels contrived, lazy, and is not entertaining for me at all.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 12th, '19, 19:20

Serujuunin wrote: Feb 12th, '19, 18:57 .

Okay, I'm going to see if I can go two-for-two. I can appreciate what Daniel Bryan being a heel is doing, but the gimmick of "I'm a climate friendly person so I'm better than you" just feels contrived, lazy, and is not entertaining for me at all.
I agree with this one.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Feb 12th, '19, 19:28

Big Red Machine wrote: Feb 12th, '19, 19:20

I agree with this one.
Damn, killed my streak before it even started.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Feb 12th, '19, 20:06

Big Red Machine wrote: Feb 4th, '19, 10:45
cero2k wrote: Feb 4th, '19, 09:00

Gonna try to be positive: "I may be the only person in the world who thinks this but..." If Big E stops doing shitty comedy, he could be world champion material with a good month's work.
You are not the only one who thinks this. Now KOFI on the other hand. I think he could be world championship material if he stopped soding sh*tty comedy. I don't think he SHOULD get the belt, but I think he COULD carry it well if given the chance.
We were talking about this not that long ago and then he kicks ass at that Gauntlet match tonight!

I will be excited if this is the start of a singles push for him.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Feb 12th, '19, 20:19

Big Red Machine wrote: Feb 12th, '19, 19:20

I agree with this one.
Yeah, the whole entire gimmick is garbage...and we're not even gonna mention that "nickname" of his...that they can never stop mentioning.

Snitsky's second run should have been bigger.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 12th, '19, 22:29

Eyebrowless Snitsky? Ewww no

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Feb 12th, '19, 22:45

cero2k wrote: Feb 12th, '19, 22:29 Eyebrowless Snitsky? Ewww no
Bald and ridiculous teeth Snitsky. I thought the guy was at least gonna get an ECW Title dominant reign back then lol.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Feb 13th, '19, 12:26

I'm pretty sure no one else thinks this because I mention it a lot and no one ever says anything so...

Phillips is one of the worst announcers simply because he's ridiculous and so over the top to listen to. His voice style and sound is just FUCKIN' HORRIBLE.

He pretty much just says everything loudly with a funny voice. I've said numerous times to just get him and Saxton both off commentary. I can take nothing at all, he says, serious. Ever.

Him with Saxton makes SD so rough to get through at times. He's not at all the least competent I guess...he knows what is a suplex is...but I just have such a hard time listening to him. He started off comical but it just eventually turned ridiculous more and more until it became aggregious with every word.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 13th, '19, 12:30

KILLdozer wrote: Feb 13th, '19, 12:26 I'm pretty sure no one else thinks this because I mention it a lot and no one ever says anything so...

Phillips is one of the worst announcers simply because he's ridiculous and so over the top to listen to. His voice style and sound is just FUCKIN' HORRIBLE.

He pretty much just says everything loudly with a funny voice. I've said numerous times to just get him and Saxton both off commentary. I can take nothing at all, he says, serious. Ever.

Him with Saxton makes SD so rough to get through at times. He's not at all the least competent I guess...he knows what is a suplex is...but I just have such a hard time listening to him. He started off comical but it just eventually turned ridiculous more and more until it became aggregious with every word.
I disagree completely. He sounds like a sports announcer and doesn't say anything stupid like Cole, Renee, Graves, and Saxton all do on a regular basis.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Feb 13th, '19, 12:34

Big Red Machine wrote: Feb 13th, '19, 12:30
KILLdozer wrote: Feb 13th, '19, 12:26 I'm pretty sure no one else thinks this because I mention it a lot and no one ever says anything so...

I disagree completely. He sounds like a sports announcer and doesn't say anything stupid like Cole, Renee, Graves, and Saxton all do on a regular basis.
That's my point somewhat. He's just some stereotypical loud announcer and as I said...he's pretty much by the book as far as his position on the table goes-he obviously knows the ins and outs of getting things over and the moves' names. I just can't get past his sound.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Feb 13th, '19, 14:41

I think Bob-O or Cero said it as well but...I don't like Rinaldi's commentary...way too "hip and fresh", with all of his references and the way he fits metaphors and similes into them.

Yells too much as well. I feel a lot of people like him so much because he's basically and effectively "The Anti-Cole.".

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 13th, '19, 15:32

KILLdozer wrote: Feb 13th, '19, 14:41 I think Bob-O or Cero said it as well but...I don't like Rinaldi's commentary...way too "hip and fresh", with all of his references and the way he fits metaphors and similes into them.

Yells too much as well. I feel a lot of people like him so much because he's basically and effectively "The Anti-Cole.".
i don't even know who Rinaldi is

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Feb 13th, '19, 15:50

cero2k wrote: Feb 13th, '19, 15:32
KILLdozer wrote: Feb 13th, '19, 14:41 I think Bob-O or Cero said it as well but...I don't like Rinaldi's commentary...way too "hip and fresh", with all of his references and the way he fits metaphors and similes into them.

i don't even know who Rinaldi is
Rinallo...Rinalo...Rinaldo...however you say it and spell it. Mauro whatever with An R...