Let's have fun with this. Complete this sentence. "I may be the only person in the world who thinks this but..."

Tell it to the world!!
Big Red Machine
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: Let's have fun with this. Complete this sentence. "I may be the only person in the world who thinks this but..."

Post by Big Red Machine » May 28th, '19, 13:36

Bob-O wrote:
May 28th, '19, 13:24
KILLdozer wrote:
May 28th, '19, 13:02
Not even anything to do with that so much as they don't speak perfect fluent English...
Neither do Southerners according to Vince, but he loosened up for AJ.

I was shocked Nakamura saw some spotlight, regardless of resume, I figured they would have sent him the way of Itami based on their principals.
Not just southerners, by the way. Before putting her on the air with the Tamara Murphy news reporter gimmick, Vince sent Tammy Sytch to accent school to try to get rid of her New Jersey accent.

Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

NWK2000
Favorite Wrestler: Great Sasuke

Re: Let's have fun with this. Complete this sentence. "I may be the only person in the world who thinks this but..."

Post by NWK2000 » May 29th, '19, 00:25

Big Red Machine wrote:
May 28th, '19, 13:36
Bob-O wrote:
KILLdozer wrote:
May 28th, '19, 13:02
Not even anything to do with that so much as they don't speak perfect fluent English...

I was shocked Nakamura saw some spotlight, regardless of resume, I figured they would have sent him the way of Itami based on their principals.
Not just southerners, by the way. Before putting her on the air with the Tamara Murphy news reporter gimmick, Vince sent Tammy Sytch to accent school to try to get rid of her New Jersey accent.
Is that true? She didn't have a super thick accent in SMW or anything
Up next on NWK Reviews
Jushin Liger TV Special
NJPW Wrestle Kingdom V
WWE Survivor Series 2014
JCP Starrcade: Night of the Skywalkers

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 29th, '19, 08:45

NWK2000 wrote:
May 29th, '19, 00:25
Big Red Machine wrote:
May 28th, '19, 13:36
Bob-O wrote:

Is that true? She didn't have a super thick accent in SMW or anything
Heard it on a podcast, but the guys in question seem pretty reliable (one of them is David Bixenspan, who is a lawyer, so he tends to avoid making false statements).

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » May 31st, '19, 14:34

I may be the only person who thinks this BUT, I think a Young Boy should either win or have a strong standing in Best of the Super Juniors at least once.

I get that it's all about tradition and taking your lumps, but you know when a Young Boy is in a BOSJ that's one guy you don't have to think about winning, and aren't come from behind, out of nowhere big wins a part of real sports?
Up next on NWK Reviews
Jushin Liger TV Special
NJPW Wrestle Kingdom V
WWE Survivor Series 2014

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 31st, '19, 15:05

NWK2000 wrote:
May 31st, '19, 14:34
I may be the only person who thinks this BUT, I think a Young Boy should either win or have a strong standing in Best of the Super Juniors at least once.

I get that it's all about tradition and taking your lumps, but you know when a Young Boy is in a BOSJ that's one guy you don't have to think about winning, and aren't come from behind, out of nowhere big wins a part of real sports?
I agree in part. The general rule should be no young-boys allowed, but at the same time, if one is stuck in there, you need to at least let him look really strong in all of his losses just so that the tournament doesn't appear unfair because one block got a tomato can and the other didn't.

But picking a random kid off the indies to go 1-8 would have been better, IMO.

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Jul 9th, '19, 15:55

I may be the only one who thinks this, BUT....Shane McMahon and Drew McIntyre are one of the most enjoyable characters on WWE TV at the moment.

Should Shane McMahon be in the spotlight? No. Is he any good in the ring? Also no. But does he understand how to be a heel? Yes. He is the most believable heel they have at the moment, and I find him immensely entertaining, mostly the "bully the ring announcer into giving me a special introduction". I also think Drew McIntyre being "Test Mark 2.0" is a pretty solid use of an intimidating looking guy like him.
Up next on NWK Reviews
Jushin Liger TV Special
NJPW Wrestle Kingdom V
WWE Survivor Series 2014

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 9th, '19, 18:01

NWK2000 wrote:
Jul 9th, '19, 15:55
I also think Drew McIntyre being "Test Mark 2.0" is a pretty solid use of an intimidating looking guy like him.
For someone with Test's level of talent this would be fine. For Drew... he should be the f*cking world champion.

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Jul 9th, '19, 18:41

Big Red Machine wrote:
Jul 9th, '19, 18:01
NWK2000 wrote:
I also think Drew McIntyre being "Test Mark 2.0" is a pretty solid use of an intimidating looking guy like him.
For someone with Test's level of talent this would be fine. For Drew... he should be the f*cking world champion.
Fair, but I don't think anyone on the modern roster with the equivalent of Test's talent would also have the mind for the business to pull it off as well as Drew does.
Up next on NWK Reviews
Jushin Liger TV Special
NJPW Wrestle Kingdom V
WWE Survivor Series 2014

Bob-O
Favorite Wrestler: Marty Scurll

Post by Bob-O » Jul 10th, '19, 07:15

NWK2000 wrote:
Jul 9th, '19, 18:41
Big Red Machine wrote:
NWK2000 wrote:
Fair, but I don't think anyone on the modern roster with the equivalent of Test's talent would also have the mind for the business to pull it off as well as Drew does.
From what I gather, it was supposed to be a Diesel/HBK thing when he was with Ziggler where he eventually broke off and won titles and things. I get the same vibe again here with Shane.

My only issue with Shane is that by the amount they're feeding us that somebody back there thinks it's better than what it is. We didn't get Stone Cold segments more than once or twice a night... I'm having trouble coming up with ANYONE that was featured so heavily and consistently...

KILLdozer
Favorite Wrestler: Idk

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 10th, '19, 09:56

Bob-O wrote:
Jul 10th, '19, 07:15
NWK2000 wrote:
Jul 9th, '19, 18:41
Big Red Machine wrote:

From what I gather, it was supposed to be a Diesel/HBK thing when he was with Ziggler where he eventually broke off and won titles and things. I get the same vibe again here with Shane.

My only issue with Shane is that by the amount they're feeding us that somebody back there thinks it's better than what it is. We didn't get Stone Cold segments more than once or twice a night... I'm having trouble coming up with ANYONE that was featured so heavily and consistently...
He's literally the whole show and involved with every aspect of it from top to bottom: Reigns, McIntyre, Elias, The Revival, The Miz. That covers an awful lot of ground lol.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 10th, '19, 19:35

Bob-O wrote:
I'm having trouble coming up with ANYONE that was featured so heavily and consistently...
Hunter/Steph/Rollins/Kane in 2015. Basically, whichever Authority members were booked in the "storyline of the night" for a given episode of Raw.

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Serujuunin
Favorite Wrestler: Jeff Hardy

Post by Serujuunin » Jul 10th, '19, 21:37

Big Red Machine wrote:
Jul 10th, '19, 19:35
Bob-O wrote:
I'm having trouble coming up with ANYONE that was featured so heavily and consistently...
Hunter/Steph/Rollins/Kane in 2015. Basically, whichever Authority members were booked in the "storyline of the night" for a given episode of Raw.
And the similarities are, authority figures that have overstayed their welcome on my TV lol. I’m kind of surprised they haven’t figured it out yet, but also not surprised...