Rewatching my favourite match...

Tell it to the world!!
XIV

Rewatching my favourite match...

Post by XIV » Jan 15th, '19, 14:45

I’m just finished rewatching my favourite match of all time for probably the 50th time and it does not get old. I don’t know why it is my favourite match of all time, it just is, the build was great, the angle was fun and I remember the whole angle fully everytime I watch it (with the benefit of WWE Nerwork I have also watched the 4/5 weeks worth of shows leading up to the event and then watched the match itself).

Of course I’m talking about Triple H vs Cactus Jack in a street fight at Royal Rumble 2000 for the WWF Championship.

What match has the same allure to you guys that means you love going back, rewatching it and getting caught up in the nostalgia?
Have A Nice Day!

NWK2000

Re: Rewatching my favourite match...

Post by NWK2000 » Jan 15th, '19, 15:43

Okada vs Shibata at Sakura Genesis 2017. It's such a crazy fight, the crux of which is one of the most simplistic but terrifying spot of all time. It's just an amazing match and nothing could top it.
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 15th, '19, 15:58

NWK2000 wrote: Jan 15th, '19, 15:43 Okada vs Shibata at Sakura Genesis 2017. It's such a crazy fight, the crux of which is one of the most simplistic but terrifying spot of all time. It's just an amazing match and nothing could top it.
I rewatched this about a month ago, it wasn't the same for me, every spot to the head, before and after the headbutt just felt weird.

The two matches that i do go back a lot to are World's Cutest Tag Team vs Young Bucks from PWG Eleven, or Adam Cole vs Kyle O'Reilly Hybrid Rules match from ROH. To me those two matches are where Joey/Candice and Cole were made respectively.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 15th, '19, 17:00

Danielson vs. McGuinness from Rising Above 2008. The match that made me an ROH fan.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 15th, '19, 20:03

Nothing.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 15th, '19, 20:10

I no longer have the network, don't really do the whole "Awh yeah giant library!" , and I'm not into YouTube like that as far as wrestling goes. Truthfully I definitely don't watch as much as I used to. I've recently moved up around St Louis and I'm really hittin' the stride as far as working out and protein shakes go, plus I'm newly focused with my new job at Texas Roadhouse.

Though I did used to love that Kane V Mankind match. That's probably the best ever, perfect, extended squash.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jan 15th, '19, 21:22

I have a few (one of which happens to be Cactus Jack vs Triple H from Raw where 'Cactus' made his debut)...

But hands down, without a doubt, don't judge me, my favorite match of all time is Rob Van Dam winning the ECW Television Title from Bam Bam Bigelow. During the Wrestling Boom, RVD was my guy, I went into that match spoiler free, and they'd been building to Sabu's title shot for a few weeks... the whole point of the match was for RVD to "soften Bigelow up" for Sabu, it was so cool. It went from a fun RVD match (Bigelow is a GREAT opponent for him, RVD sells like a maniac and Bigelow is a great punching bag for RVD), to 'wait a second... RVD might actually win the title here...', to 'HOLY SHIT, RVD IS GOING TO WIN THE TITLE HERE!'

That match gives me goosebumps to this day.

phpBB [video]

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 15th, '19, 23:28

Rvd vs bigelow. I've actually never seen that much complete, it's one of those matches that I've seen via bits and pieces here and there, but never whole on one sitting.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 16th, '19, 00:05

cero2k wrote: Jan 15th, '19, 23:28 Rvd vs bigelow. I've actually never seen that much complete, it's one of those matches that I've seen via bits and pieces here and there, but never whole on one sitting.
Same here.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

XIV

Post by XIV » Jan 16th, '19, 00:10

Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 16th, '19, 00:05
cero2k wrote: Jan 15th, '19, 23:28 Rvd vs bigelow. I've actually never seen that much complete, it's one of those matches that I've seen via bits and pieces here and there, but never whole on one sitting.
Same here.
Make that 3. I’ve seen clips as parts of other shows and I think I’ve seen bits of it about. But never in one sitting.
Have A Nice Day!

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jan 16th, '19, 06:46

XIV wrote: Jan 16th, '19, 00:10
Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 16th, '19, 00:05
Same here.
Make that 3. I’ve seen clips as parts of other shows and I think I’ve seen bits of it about. But never in one sitting.
Being weekly TV it's hard to find! I have the episode recorded on VHS somewhere buried in a box, in terrible quality due to my bunny ears not picking up the station very well, it wasn't until years later when I watched it online that I even knew it was in a gym.

This was only a week or two before a PPV (I don't remember which one)where Sabu vs Bigelow was being heavily advertised. Before the match Fonzy, RVD, and Sabu cut a promo that I'm still not sure if it was supposed to be funny, but RVD was passive/aggressively hilarious... "I'm gonna soften you up so bad Bam Bam..."

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jan 26th, '19, 17:49

I'm going to seem either like a small child or a fangirl, but I have two that I go back to from time to time that are just as exciting to me now as they were when I first saw them.

One is Jeff Hardy v John Morrison, Smackdown July 31, 2009, and the other is Finn Balor v Shinsuke Nakamura from NXT, I don't remember the episode. I remember liking a lot of older matches too growing up, but I just don't have the memory of them because I might have been too young. I like the fast pace, high flying or striking styles and both of these are just a lot of that. :)