GUYS

Tell it to the world!!
Serujuunin

GUYS

Post by Serujuunin » Dec 11th, '18, 10:24

I went to a wrestling event this past Sunday, a Smackdown live event... and it was freaking awesome! I’ve been to so so many and this was the best one I have ever been to.

We even had the pleasure of Charlotte v Asuka, which felt like a match I didn’t spend nearly enough money to see. It was hands down the best match of the night, which was not an easy feat.

While I prefer the RAW brand for reasons that I’m not really sure about anymore, I would highly recommend that you go should a Smackdown event be coming up close to you!

Big Red Machine

Re: GUYS

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 11th, '18, 11:15

Happy you had a great time. Hopefully your positive report of Charlotte vs. Asuka bodes well for tonight's televised version.

This was an Edmonton show, right? Did they do Miz vs. Bryan? If so, how did the crowd react? I heard the Calgary crowd was treating Miz the like babyface.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Dec 12th, '18, 09:14

Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 11th, '18, 11:15 Happy you had a great time. Hopefully your positive report of Charlotte vs. Asuka bodes well for tonight's televised version.

This was an Edmonton show, right? Did they do Miz vs. Bryan? If so, how did the crowd react? I heard the Calgary crowd was treating Miz the like babyface.
This was in Calgary. And the Miz was HARD a baby face. He referenced that Calgary Kid stuff from a million years ago and we all popped hard for him and he was loving it. At the end of the night he said “I rarely get cheered, hell I never get cheered” and said it was really special for him.

Honestly, the whole night was awesome, except I had to deal with Lana and the IIconics, and I legit can’t stand them haha.

I will have to post some pictures once I go through them. We were the closest I’ve ever been.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 12th, '18, 12:09

Even me as a hater, I've always enjoyed house shows, impact or WWE, just being able to see wrestlers without any storyline restrictions or commentary makes a big difference

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Dec 12th, '18, 14:41

cero2k wrote: Dec 12th, '18, 12:09 Even me as a hater, I've always enjoyed house shows, impact or WWE, just being able to see wrestlers without any storyline restrictions or commentary makes a big difference
Oh the difference is insane. Usually the heels still play heels, but then they go and hug kids in the front row and things, and they just have more freedom to do whatever they like because there are no cameras.

Also, the crowd at this event started antagonizing Daniel Bryan after he grabbed some guys sign that had his name on it with “I <3 beef” on it (Alberta is a beef heavy province, that’s most of what we farm) and obviously making fun of his environmentalist gimmick. People were actively chanting “beef” at him. It was hysterical.

I just love live events. Though it would be nice to get a TV show here sometime.