What Are Your "2018 Moments"?

Tell it to the world!!
Bob-O

What Are Your "2018 Moments"?

Post by Bob-O » Dec 2nd, '18, 15:24

This was definitely a 12 month ride! Our sport lived up to it's "never say never" reputation time and time again, and while we all enjoy it differently, surely SOMETHING in the wrestling world dropped your jaw this year.

I'll start with some of mine...

-Jeff Jarrett being inducted into the WWE Hall Of Fame
-Cody and The Young Bucks selling out ALL IN in under an hour
-Chris Jericho is the current IWGP Intercontinental Champion
-Adam Cole in the Royal Rumble
-Becky freaking Lynch
-John Cena refuses to work in Saudi Arabia
-Shawn Michaels decides to come out of retirement to work in Saudi Arabia
-(maybe not 2018, but I NOTICED in 2018) The emergence of Juice Robinson! Kevin Owens called Juice Robinson the best promo in the business. I NEEEEVER would have guessed the annoying hippie from NXT would amount to SO MUCH, and he's still growing.

I could keep going, but I don't want to steal them all. What moments made 2018 "never say never" for you?

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: What Are Your "2018 Moments"?

Post by cero2k » Dec 2nd, '18, 17:37

If I look back at 2018, of the top of my head

- the joy I felt after Okada vs Omega 4, I had never really felt that 'this is the greatest match I've ever seen' until that match, and that's counting the other 3.

- completely opposed to that, there was a lot of dread this year, like I feel it every time someone signs with WWE, or the usual inevitable bad booking that you know is coming and you can't stop it, but this year, the dread I felt when I first read about Hiromu Takahashi's injury. Worst thing, I kinda knew it was coming.

- the first visual announcement of All In was pretty exciting. The name itself just kinda felt like a commitment from both wrestlers and fans that we were all in on this together.

-Impact's redemption with a lot of the wrestling community was nice, more of a good feeling of hope than anything else.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 2nd, '18, 18:00

- Bryan returning to the ring
- The Becky stuff during the invasion of Raw- Ilja Dragunov returning to wXw and winning the title
- RISE turning babyface
- The crowd for Ilja Dragunov vs. Bobby Gunns
- Ilja Dragunov vs. Pete Dunne
- all of the various moments in Ciampa vs. Gargano
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Dec 4th, '18, 10:12

Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 2nd, '18, 18:00 - all of the various moments in Ciampa vs. Gargano
Yes! I feel like beyond that, Ciampa becoming the hottest heel in the company despite not being on Raw/Smackdown is so crazy. I don't have crazy numbers to back the claim, but I personally know of several people that started watching NXT on a weekly basis to see Ciampa... and not just see Ciampa, but to see him "get his" - which is a testament to how good he's been, and how good the angle was. The rest of the show kept them, but Ciampa brought them in. So cool!
cero2k wrote: Dec 2nd, '18, 17:37 - completely opposed to that, there was a lot of dread this year
Yeah there was, I feel you. Almost like when a friend gets married, whether pushed, buried, or forgotten; for me it's the feeling that it's not going to be the same ever again... you still get to see them, but they're gone and you're left remembering the good times. Thankfully, the main rosters are so bloated that the nxt call ups (wedding day) have slowed down.

Adding to the post above, I feel great dread for Ciampa.
Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 2nd, '18, 18:00 - Bryan returning to the ring
Somebody pointed out to me how crazy not only this was, but to add to it, who would have thought by 2018's end we'd be booing Daniel Bryan and cheering Roman Reigns...?