Why I almost quit watching, and then I didn't

Tell it to the world!!
NWK2000

Why I almost quit watching, and then I didn't

Post by NWK2000 » Nov 14th, '18, 08:07

Last night was a rough one for me as a wrestling fan. Becky Lynch, one of my favorite new acts, is injured because of carelessness, Daniel Bryan is a heel. So many questons swimming around in my head, and answers that made me angry almost universally. I wondered if I should stop watching WWE. "Everything goes wrong, and when it's in someone's control, it's wrong" I pondered as I stared blankly at my texting app on my phone, with all the intention in the world to tell my friends I was canceling our annual Survivor Series shindig.
Then, to curb the hate, I did worked on a project, a Super Smash Brothers Ultimate fanfiction.

Now, you might ask, how does this correlate? Well, the answer is the chapter I was writing was the one to feature the in-story debut of Incineroar, a Zangief esque wrestling character from Pokemon who uses a lot of true-to-life wrestling moves in his Smash moveset. As I scripted the scene in which he charged the ring, using a string of German Suplexes to lay waste to an unsuspecting Ken Masters, who, as a result, tried to elbow out of Suplex City, only to be twisted around and met with what was effectively a Rainmaker clothesline for his efforts, I realized something.

It was entirely too wrapped up in behind the scenes bullcrap, thinking entirely too deeply about the WWE characters. For that isn't my main motivation to watch pro wrestling, even though it adds to the experience when those things play out to my satisfaction . My main motivation for watching wrestling is appreciating the intense, masterful choreography that takes place between the ropes, and as long as that is done well, I will seek out all wrestling I can find, and walk out of the viewing experience satisfied, regardless of what kind of pro wrestling it is.

You, the reader , might value different things than I do as a wrestling fan. And that's perfectly okay. This blog serves only as a piece of advice. The advice is, when negativity surrounds you try to remember what hooked you on wrestling, seek it out in its best form, and don't go too deep into this wacky world, lest you go mad.
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

KILLdozer

Re: Why I almost quit watching, and then I didn't

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 14th, '18, 10:22

Well that was....unique.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

KILLdozer

Re: Why I almost quit watching, and then I didn't

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 14th, '18, 11:25

To reiterate and add to your point, there's Waaayyy too much Wtf bullshit decisions and questionable stuff going on behind the scenes obviously, so the best to do is just enjoy it all nonetheless. Even though the ones we want seem to come up short over and over, every nxt call up ends up looking like fools almost every time or just don't really get anything out of it if they do better than the others (Nakamura and Balor), injuries happen to the hottest on the rise....

I just personally above all else enjoy the entertainment aspect of the immersion of it all. It's almost like a timeless comedy that always entertains me with its over-the-top style of entertainment, and it never gets old.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.