My thoughts on the new member of LIJ (and critiquing CHAOS)

Tell it to the world!!
NWK2000

My thoughts on the new member of LIJ (and critiquing CHAOS)

Post by NWK2000 » Oct 4th, '18, 11:40

Amidst all the talk of who the new guy in LIJ will be, with people speculating it will be someone from outside the promotion, all I can think is "I hope it's someone from CHAOS defecting"

CHAOS is by far my least favorite New Japan faction. It's so frontloaded with main eventers that the middle to lower tier guys are thought of usually as afterthoughts in 8-man tags.

LIJ on the other hand is by far the most vibrant, fun faction in New Japan, with each member shining and being memorable independent of the faction itself

Some of the midcard guys from CHAOS could really use the opportunity to stand out amongst the crowd. Guys like SHO and YOH who have all the potential in the world who are just DYING to get that spark that catapults them into the minds of New Japan fans everywhere. Hell, even guys with some notoriety now could really benefit from a unit like that. Ospreay, for example, seems like just the cocky, brash guy that would fit right in with LIJ. Another candidate I have to consider is Juice Robinson, who is destined for 8-Man Tag hell as soon as he loses the US Title.

Of course, the counter argument to this is "But that's Gedo's booking that muzzles underneath CHAOS guys"

This argument is indeed correct, but the reality of wrestling as a whole is that if New Japan is doing well the booking will continue.

But working within the booking, I really hope a young CHAOS guy ends up in LIJ
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: My thoughts on the new member of LIJ (and critiquing CHAOS)

Post by cero2k » Oct 4th, '18, 11:51

i find it hard to see the new guy being someone jumping from CHAOS, but I think this whole CHAOS/White/Okada angle that happened at Destruction may lead to seeing a younger group come out from CHAOS.

Big Red Machine

Re: My thoughts on the new member of LIJ (and critiquing CHAOS)

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 4th, '18, 13:02

cero2k wrote: Oct 4th, '18, 11:51 i find it hard to see the new guy being someone jumping from CHAOS, but I think this whole CHAOS/White/Okada angle that happened at Destruction may lead to seeing a younger group come out from CHAOS.
They won't do it because it would leave CHAOS without a Jr. Heavyweight tag team. The area where CHAOS is heavy is in heavyweight fall guys: they have two heavyweight tag teams, plus YOSHI-HASHI.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3