Kenny Omega Talks To Jim Ross about WWE Return

Tell it to the world!!
User avatar
Bob-O
Posts: 2445
Joined: Dec 17th, '10, 06:06
Favorite Wrestler: King Kong Bundy
Location: Erie, Pa

Kenny Omega Talks To Jim Ross about WWE Return

Post by Bob-O » Jul 4th, '18, 09:15

I came across this today, Jim Ross asking Kenny Omega what his thoughts are on working with WWE in the future. Omega replied:

"...when I think about the possibility of something like that it does get me excited. Every promotion has so many good guys that there's no way I'd have a bad time going anywhere because the depth of the talent is so deep. WWE right now has a great collection of talent. I'd feel like it'd be a missed opportunity if I didn't work with them at some point. If I could work with Seth Rollins sometime, that'd be a lot of fun! Of course the huge name in all that is AJ. I'd love to work with AJ. I'd like to be able to do it while I can still move..."

I don't have my finger firmly on the pulse of the contracts situations of Omega and The Young Bucks, but they're up at the end of the year if I'm not mistaken. This quote surprised me, as everything I've heard up until now is that The Bucks make more money doing what they're doing than Vince would ever be willing to pay them, and Omega didn't like the way WWE did things and would never consider going back. He sounds very open to the idea here, which could lead to a very interesting second half of the year...

Thoughts?

If Omega goes, do you think WWE'd go all in (pun intended) and try to bring the Bucks with him?


Image

User avatar
KILLdozer
Posts: 4581
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 22:54
Favorite Wrestler: Idk
Location: Ocean Springs,MS.

Re: Kenny Omega Talks To Jim Ross about WWE Return

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 4th, '18, 12:14

Kinda off topic but not really lol-Io Shirai has officially signed.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

User avatar
XIV
Posts: 776
Joined: Aug 19th, '13, 11:38
Favorite Wrestler: Tyler Bate

Re: Kenny Omega Talks To Jim Ross about WWE Return

Post by XIV » Jul 5th, '18, 05:27

Omega and the Bucks vs Undisputea Era?

Omega and the Bucks vs British Strong Style?

Omega and the Bucks vs Undisputed Era vs British Strong Style?

Shut up and take my money.
"While you're looking at Bop, I'll hit you with Bang. You day see that coming"

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 16776
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: Kenny Omega Talks To Jim Ross about WWE Return

Post by cero2k » Jul 5th, '18, 07:43

XIV wrote:
Jul 5th, '18, 05:27
Omega and the Bucks vs Undisputea Era?

Omega and the Bucks vs British Strong Style?

Omega and the Bucks vs Undisputed Era vs British Strong Style?

Shut up and take my money.
I think we had better chances of getting this if they all stayed outside WWE

one already happened

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 16776
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: Kenny Omega Talks To Jim Ross about WWE Return

Post by cero2k » Jul 5th, '18, 07:47

I think they'll sign eventually, because money money money and maybe Vince won't give them the money, but Hunter will, and with their new BILLION dollar contract, they have money to spare and sign whoever the fuck they want. WWE will control the industry and while you're switching between NXT Japan and NXT Germany, you'll find one of your old PWG dvds and get nostalgic

Hopefully one day that conversation goes along with Rollins going to NJPW instead.

User avatar
XIV
Posts: 776
Joined: Aug 19th, '13, 11:38
Favorite Wrestler: Tyler Bate

Re: Kenny Omega Talks To Jim Ross about WWE Return

Post by XIV » Jul 5th, '18, 09:00

cero2k wrote:
Jul 5th, '18, 07:47
I think they'll sign eventually, because money money money and maybe Vince won't give them the money, but Hunter will, and with their new BILLION dollar contract, they have money to spare and sign whoever the fuck they want. WWE will control the industry and while you're switching between NXT Japan and NXT Germany, you'll find one of your old PWG dvds and get nostalgic

Hopefully one day that conversation goes along with Rollins going to NJPW instead.
The Bucks and Kenny Omega are money. Maybe not WM headlining money. But indy fans will want to see how they're used. Merchandise will be key and you'll get great matches along the way.
"While you're looking at Bop, I'll hit you with Bang. You day see that coming"

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 21328
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: Kenny Omega Talks To Jim Ross about WWE Return

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 5th, '18, 11:13

cero2k wrote:
Jul 5th, '18, 07:47
I think they'll sign eventually, because money money money and maybe Vince won't give them the money, but Hunter will, and with their new BILLION dollar contract, they have money to spare and sign whoever the fuck they want. WWE will control the industry and while you're switching between NXT Japan and NXT Germany, you'll find one of your old PWG dvds and get nostalgic

Hopefully one day that conversation goes along with Rollins going to NJPW instead.
If they wanted WWE money, they'd have gone to WWE. And if they don't go this year, when their value is the highest it ever will be, then they're not going unless one of them develops a drug problem or something and needs the free rehab. Especially the Bucks, who have families, so if they don't feel the need to go to WWE for financial security now, then they probably won't feel it ever unless something goes very wrong.
You keep saying WWE will dominate the industry, but the indies are stronger than ever and New Japan is stronger than ever. There are more companies capable of paying someone a living wage now than at any time since the territorial days. Will WWE always be the biggest? Probably. But that doesn't mean they have the ability to control everything and just buy off whoever they want.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
wXw 16 Carat Tournament 2016
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 16776
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: Kenny Omega Talks To Jim Ross about WWE Return

Post by cero2k » Jul 5th, '18, 14:48

Big Red Machine wrote:
Jul 5th, '18, 11:13
cero2k wrote:
Jul 5th, '18, 07:47
I think they'll sign eventually, because money money money and maybe Vince won't give them the money, but Hunter will, and with their new BILLION dollar contract, they have money to spare and sign whoever the fuck they want. WWE will control the industry and while you're switching between NXT Japan and NXT Germany, you'll find one of your old PWG dvds and get nostalgic

Hopefully one day that conversation goes along with Rollins going to NJPW instead.
If they wanted WWE money, they'd have gone to WWE. And if they don't go this year, when their value is the highest it ever will be, then they're not going unless one of them develops a drug problem or something and needs the free rehab. Especially the Bucks, who have families, so if they don't feel the need to go to WWE for financial security now, then they probably won't feel it ever unless something goes very wrong.
You keep saying WWE will dominate the industry, but the indies are stronger than ever and New Japan is stronger than ever. There are more companies capable of paying someone a living wage now than at any time since the territorial days. Will WWE always be the biggest? Probably. But that doesn't mean they have the ability to control everything and just buy off whoever they want.
this is not about wanting 'wwe money', it's a new case that WWE now has BILLIONS (capitalized, bold, and enlarged) of dollars, JUST for TV, not counting merch, live shows, PPVs, sponsors, BILLIONS of dollars just to make tv. Once they new deal starts, they can literally go to ANY pro wrestler in the world and tell him or her, hey here are two million dlls to jump to WWE. THAT is the reason that the Bucks and Omega may end up jumping, not because they want 'wwe money'.

WWE's dominance is not about killing other promotions, WWE is like Xerces, they only require for you to kneel to them. WWE is happy that the indies are strong, because that means that NXT will always have a clear influx of talent they can't obviously produce themselves, it makes their small invasions easier as we've seen with UK. WWE doesn't even care (yet) if a company doesn't kneel, as long as they never become a threat. And yes, they pretty much can go and buy off whatever they want when it comes to other wrestling promotions.

User avatar
KILLdozer
Posts: 4581
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 22:54
Favorite Wrestler: Idk
Location: Ocean Springs,MS.

Re: Kenny Omega Talks To Jim Ross about WWE Return

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 5th, '18, 15:32

cero2k wrote:
Jul 5th, '18, 14:48
Big Red Machine wrote:
Jul 5th, '18, 11:13
cero2k wrote:
Jul 5th, '18, 07:47
I think they'll sign eventually, because money money money and maybe Vince won't give them the money, but Hunter will, and with their new BILLION dollar contract, they have money to spare and sign whoever the fuck they want. WWE will control the industry and while you're switching between NXT Japan and NXT Germany, you'll find one of your old PWG dvds and get nostalgic

Hopefully one day that conversation goes along with Rollins going to NJPW instead.
If they wanted WWE money, they'd have gone to WWE. And if they don't go this year, when their value is the highest it ever will be, then they're not going unless one of them develops a drug problem or something and needs the free rehab. Especially the Bucks, who have families, so if they don't feel the need to go to WWE for financial security now, then they probably won't feel it ever unless something goes very wrong.
You keep saying WWE will dominate the industry, but the indies are stronger than ever and New Japan is stronger than ever. There are more companies capable of paying someone a living wage now than at any time since the territorial days. Will WWE always be the biggest? Probably. But that doesn't mean they have the ability to control everything and just buy off whoever they want.
this is not about wanting 'wwe money', it's a new case that WWE now has BILLIONS (capitalized, bold, and enlarged) of dollars, JUST for TV, not counting merch, live shows, PPVs, sponsors, BILLIONS of dollars just to make tv. Once they new deal starts, they can literally go to ANY pro wrestler in the world and tell him or her, hey here are two million dlls to jump to WWE. THAT is the reason that the Bucks and Omega may end up jumping, not because they want 'wwe money'.

WWE's dominance is not about killing other promotions, WWE is like Xerces, they only require for you to kneel to them. WWE is happy that the indies are strong, because that means that NXT will always have a clear influx of talent they can't obviously produce themselves, it makes their small invasions easier as we've seen with UK. WWE doesn't even care (yet) if a company doesn't kneel, as long as they never become a threat. And yes, they pretty much can go and buy off whatever they want when it comes to other wrestling promotions.
Exactly, yes they can buy who or whatever they want because it's exactly what they've been doing for years lol.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 21328
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: Kenny Omega Talks To Jim Ross about WWE Return

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 5th, '18, 15:51

KILLdozer wrote:
Jul 5th, '18, 15:32
cero2k wrote:
Jul 5th, '18, 14:48
Big Red Machine wrote:
Jul 5th, '18, 11:13

If they wanted WWE money, they'd have gone to WWE. And if they don't go this year, when their value is the highest it ever will be, then they're not going unless one of them develops a drug problem or something and needs the free rehab. Especially the Bucks, who have families, so if they don't feel the need to go to WWE for financial security now, then they probably won't feel it ever unless something goes very wrong.
You keep saying WWE will dominate the industry, but the indies are stronger than ever and New Japan is stronger than ever. There are more companies capable of paying someone a living wage now than at any time since the territorial days. Will WWE always be the biggest? Probably. But that doesn't mean they have the ability to control everything and just buy off whoever they want.
this is not about wanting 'wwe money', it's a new case that WWE now has BILLIONS (capitalized, bold, and enlarged) of dollars, JUST for TV, not counting merch, live shows, PPVs, sponsors, BILLIONS of dollars just to make tv. Once they new deal starts, they can literally go to ANY pro wrestler in the world and tell him or her, hey here are two million dlls to jump to WWE. THAT is the reason that the Bucks and Omega may end up jumping, not because they want 'wwe money'.

WWE's dominance is not about killing other promotions, WWE is like Xerces, they only require for you to kneel to them. WWE is happy that the indies are strong, because that means that NXT will always have a clear influx of talent they can't obviously produce themselves, it makes their small invasions easier as we've seen with UK. WWE doesn't even care (yet) if a company doesn't kneel, as long as they never become a threat. And yes, they pretty much can go and buy off whatever they want when it comes to other wrestling promotions.
Exactly, yes they can buy who or whatever they want because it's exactly what they've been doing for years lol.
Only so long as the other party is willing to say yes. The Briscoes are a perfect example of someone who said "no thank you. We like our current lifestyle" because they honestly would rather work on their family's chicken farm during the week and work ROH on weekends than work WWE's schedule, no matter how much WWE paid them. And I'll continue believing that until the day they sign a WWE contract. Ibushi is another guy who turned them down because he was happy with what he was doing. I could be wrong, but I think they offered Okada a contract along with AJ, Nakamura, Gallows, & Anderson and he said no as well.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
wXw 16 Carat Tournament 2016
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
KILLdozer
Posts: 4581
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 22:54
Favorite Wrestler: Idk
Location: Ocean Springs,MS.

Re: Kenny Omega Talks To Jim Ross about WWE Return

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 5th, '18, 15:57

Saying no doesn't mean they don't have the ability to just buy this and that and the other.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

User avatar
KILLdozer
Posts: 4581
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 22:54
Favorite Wrestler: Idk
Location: Ocean Springs,MS.

Re: Kenny Omega Talks To Jim Ross about WWE Return

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 5th, '18, 16:00

Io Shirai btw lol.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 21328
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: Kenny Omega Talks To Jim Ross about WWE Return

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 5th, '18, 16:09

KILLdozer wrote:
Jul 5th, '18, 15:57
Saying no doesn't mean they don't have the ability to just buy this and that and the other.
It absolutely does. You can't buy something from me if I'm not willing to sell it.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
wXw 16 Carat Tournament 2016
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
KILLdozer
Posts: 4581
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 22:54
Favorite Wrestler: Idk
Location: Ocean Springs,MS.

Re: Kenny Omega Talks To Jim Ross about WWE Return

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 5th, '18, 18:30

Your decision to not sell it to me doesn't mean I couldn't buy all of the other things just like it around you if I could afford to do so.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 21328
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: Kenny Omega Talks To Jim Ross about WWE Return

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 5th, '18, 19:13

KILLdozer wrote:
Jul 5th, '18, 18:30
Your decision to not sell it to me doesn't mean I couldn't buy all of the other things just like it around you if I could afford to do so.
But you won't have my thing. And when you're talking about human talent, there is no replacement.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
wXw 16 Carat Tournament 2016
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
Bob-O
Posts: 2445
Joined: Dec 17th, '10, 06:06
Favorite Wrestler: King Kong Bundy
Location: Erie, Pa

Re: Kenny Omega Talks To Jim Ross about WWE Return

Post by Bob-O » Jul 5th, '18, 23:00

I think what we're looking for here is the phrase "Lesnar Money".
Big Red Machine wrote:
Jul 5th, '18, 15:51
The Briscoes are a perfect example of someone who said "no thank you. We like our current lifestyle" because they honestly would rather work on their family's chicken farm during the week and work ROH on weekends than work WWE's schedule, no matter how much WWE paid them.
If WWE wanted ANYONE bad enough, they've PROVEN with Brock that they are willing to pay RIDICULOUS amounts of money for VERY little in return to get you in the door.

If you think that the Briscoes would turn down, let's say, $2 million a year and they didn't have to do house shows, just monday nights and every other PPV... do you SERIOUSLY think they would turn that down!? Do you SERIOUSLY think the Bucks would turn something like that down? More money, not traveling to Japan constantly... they'd turn that down why? Because they don't like spending time with their families? Because they love wrestling so much, it's not about the money? C'mon, get real. I'd quit my job and be Brett Birnberg's best friend for $2 Million Dollars a year.

The Briscoes turned down an OFFER, and WWE said 'OK'. They didn't WANT the Briscoes, they just thought it'd be nice to have them. They opted to make a little less money and stick close to home. They didn't pass on a chance to be filthy fucking rich, it wasn't offered.

In theory, yes, one could just refuse. But it's not realistic. Lesnar has taught us how far Vince is willing to go to get what he wants. What's realistic is WWE not willing to go that far for just anyone.

Are the Young Bucks on a Brock Lesnar level? Absolutely not. But, in theory, WWE could look at their current situation, come up with a deal that's better... then EASILY double it, THEN make them THAT offer.

Omega on the other hand is quite interesting. WWE is housing A LOT of guys on his bucket list. Most notably, AJ, whom he's said it's been his dream to headline against. Omega is also touted as the biggest star in the wrestling world, including WWE. People say it all the time. Vince might not be as into it, but with everyone Hunter has brought in from around the world, he's yet to find his 'guy'... his Hogan... the guy for him to build HIS vision around... this REALISTICALLY might put Omega in that "Lesnar Money" category to get him in the door.
cero2k wrote:
Jul 5th, '18, 07:47
Hopefully one day that conversation goes along with Rollins going to NJPW instead.
I would absolutely love to see people jumping around again. I'm happy seeing guys like Cody, Killer Elite Squad, and so on show up places. It's not so far fetched for some of the larger names to start doing it too. I could realistically see Daniel Bryan leaving when his contract is up. He's saved his money...
Image

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 21328
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: Kenny Omega Talks To Jim Ross about WWE Return

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 5th, '18, 23:11

Bob-O wrote:
Jul 5th, '18, 23:00
I think what we're looking for here is the phrase "Lesnar Money".
Big Red Machine wrote:
Jul 5th, '18, 15:51
The Briscoes are a perfect example of someone who said "no thank you. We like our current lifestyle" because they honestly would rather work on their family's chicken farm during the week and work ROH on weekends than work WWE's schedule, no matter how much WWE paid them.
If WWE wanted ANYONE bad enough, they've PROVEN with Brock that they are willing to pay RIDICULOUS amounts of money for VERY little in return to get you in the door.

If you think that the Briscoes would turn down, let's say, $2 million a year and they didn't have to do house shows, just monday nights and every other PPV... do you SERIOUSLY think they would turn that down!? Do you SERIOUSLY think the Bucks would turn something like that down? More money, not traveling to Japan constantly... they'd turn that down why? Because they don't like spending time with their families? Because they love wrestling so much, it's not about the money? C'mon, get real. I'd quit my job and be Brett Birnberg's best friend for $2 Million Dollars a year.

The Briscoes turned down an OFFER, and WWE said 'OK'. They didn't WANT the Briscoes, they just thought it'd be nice to have them. They opted to make a little less money and stick close to home. They didn't pass on a chance to be filthy fucking rich, it wasn't offered.

In theory, yes, one could just refuse. But it's not realistic. Lesnar has taught us how far Vince is willing to go to get what he wants. What's realistic is WWE not willing to go that far for just anyone.

Are the Young Bucks on a Brock Lesnar level? Absolutely not. But, in theory, WWE could look at their current situation, come up with a deal that's better... then EASILY double it, THEN make them THAT offer.
It's realistic if you don't want to work under the constraints WWE would place on you. See: Punk, CM

Also, I popped huge for the Brett Birnberg reference.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
wXw 16 Carat Tournament 2016
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
XIV
Posts: 776
Joined: Aug 19th, '13, 11:38
Favorite Wrestler: Tyler Bate

Re: Kenny Omega Talks To Jim Ross about WWE Return

Post by XIV » Jul 6th, '18, 16:37

Big Red Machine wrote:
Jul 5th, '18, 23:11


Also, I popped huge for the Brett Birnberg reference.
Me too... Not a name I've heard in a very long time!
"While you're looking at Bop, I'll hit you with Bang. You day see that coming"

User avatar
Bob-O
Posts: 2445
Joined: Dec 17th, '10, 06:06
Favorite Wrestler: King Kong Bundy
Location: Erie, Pa

Re: Kenny Omega Talks To Jim Ross about WWE Return

Post by Bob-O » Jul 6th, '18, 21:41

Big Red Machine wrote:
Jul 5th, '18, 23:11
It's realistic if you don't want to work under the constraints WWE would place on you. See: Punk, CM
But, CM Punk DID work there. He didn't WANT to after a while, but was given what some might call "Lesnar Money" in licensed theme music, freedom on the mic, and that crazy title reign. He STAYED under those constraints, and only quit when Batista was being given the 'Mania main event over him. They'd given him enough of that Lesnar Money, he'd saved enough of that real money, and he left the BUSINESS. I might let you have Punk if he went somewhere else to wrestle, and while we'll never know, had he been offered the audible they called that year instead of Daniel Bryan and some time off (more "Lesnar Money") he probably would have hung around.

Bottom line, Punk's situation was completely different than that of Omega or the Young Bucks.

C'mon man... even Sting caved in! STING! The man who held out the longest out of fear of being mishandled like his WCW peers... only to be mishandled and defeated by Triple H in his debut...

...everybody's got a price...
Image

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 21328
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: Kenny Omega Talks To Jim Ross about WWE Return

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 7th, '18, 19:54

Bob-O wrote:
Jul 6th, '18, 21:41
Big Red Machine wrote:
Jul 5th, '18, 23:11
It's realistic if you don't want to work under the constraints WWE would place on you. See: Punk, CM
But, CM Punk DID work there. He didn't WANT to after a while, but was given what some might call "Lesnar Money" in licensed theme music, freedom on the mic, and that crazy title reign. He STAYED under those constraints, and only quit when Batista was being given the 'Mania main event over him. They'd given him enough of that Lesnar Money, he'd saved enough of that real money, and he left the BUSINESS. I might let you have Punk if he went somewhere else to wrestle, and while we'll never know, had he been offered the audible they called that year instead of Daniel Bryan and some time off (more "Lesnar Money") he probably would have hung around.

Bottom line, Punk's situation was completely different than that of Omega or the Young Bucks.
The point is that Punk was prepared to walk due to not liking working under WWE's creative constraints. Cody did. So too would the Bucks and Omega be willing to do so. Yes, WWE can buy them for however long the contract would be (and my guess would be that these guys would be smart enough to insist on some sort of one-year deal at first), but if they decide they don't like then no amount of money will bring them back.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
wXw 16 Carat Tournament 2016
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests