Another Loss To Gargano Will Ruin Ciampa

Tell it to the world!!
Bob-O

Another Loss To Gargano Will Ruin Ciampa

Post by Bob-O » May 23rd, '18, 11:43

No matter how much he terrorizes the Gargano family, I already have a hard time taking him seriously because he already lost to Johnny. Like, LOST lost, in a way we all thought meant they were all done with this. He HAS to win this next match, right? I know they had to get Gargano back in the door through victory, but man... another loss would absolutely ruin Ciampa. I don't think they knew how over Ciampa was going to get with this when they originally booked it, they seem to have booked themselves into a problem. I problem you WANT to have, but a problem none the less since they have to do a series now and the babyface got the first win...

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Another Loss To Gargano Will Ruin Ciampa

Post by cero2k » May 23rd, '18, 12:08

to me the feud should have ended at that one last match for Gargano's job, at that point Gargano should have celebrated his return by chasing Pete Dunne or Adam Cole and let Ciampa challenge Black for the title, and after they both lose at Takerover: Summerslam, graduate Gargano to 205 and Ciampa to the main roster.

I just think Ciampa vs Black should happen

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » May 23rd, '18, 12:30

cero2k wrote: May 23rd, '18, 12:08 to me the feud should have ended at that one last match for Gargano's job, at that point Gargano should have celebrated his return by chasing Pete Dunne or Adam Cole and let Ciampa challenge Black for the title, and after they both lose at Takerover: Summerslam, graduate Gargano to 205 and Ciampa to the main roster.

I just think Ciampa vs Black should happen
That's the right answer.

But, this is "developmental" after all. Maybe they think they need Gargano to get their point across with Ciampa? It also seems to be introducing Candice to the mix effectively as well as defining the limits (or lack thereof) of Ciampa's character.

As much as I'd love to watch the program, for development's sake, maybe they felt there wasn't enough contrast in characters between Black and Ciampa to pull the trigger on it yet...

BUT, let's say this is all designed to get Gargano over as a super-mega-babyface, it's going to absolutely ruin the best thing wwe has brewing at the moment. I can't think of a way, as we sit with it currently, that Gargano wins and Ciampa isn't completely ruined.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 23rd, '18, 12:45

I pretty much agree with everything that has been said. Extending the feud after New Orleans was a mistake.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3