Your contact with famous wrestlers

Tell it to the world!!
XIV

Your contact with famous wrestlers

Post by XIV » Mar 26th, '18, 11:54

So, today I received an Instagram DM from Mike Bennett (Kanellis). And it made me think that this is now the fourth of fifth time I’ve had some interaction with famous wrestlers.

So my question is this... what are you stories from interactions with famous wrestlers? (or not so famous if the story is noteworthy)

My first interaction came on WWE’s old show Byte This. I was in the chat room and asked a question which Rob Van Dan responded to. Which was really cool. (In an extended version of the story... this actually lead to me getting laid...)

Another interaction came from Sick Nick Mundo... shocking I know... but in my late teens, I had decided that I would try hardcore wrestling and I underwent some training and had a couple of matches (including a three dollar bill match which I still have scars from)... but I met Sick Nick and had asked him for tips and he gave me a lot of useful pointers. (I had one more match and my wrestling career was over... my record? A 3 day Lightweignt Hardcore Championship reign).

I met Tyler Bate in TGI’s IN Birmingham about 3 months ago, which was a stitch, real down to earth guy and he is ridiculously funny.

And today, Mike Bennett’s response to my instagram DM... basically, his journey has been quite inspiration... one... he gets to nail Maria... I mean... come on!!! That winning at life... but I had sent him a message to say that I thought he was doing very well, wished him luck in fatherhood and that I was using his 12/10/8/8 workouts that he posts and I’m seeing real results from this. He responds with a nice message thanking me and telling me keep fighting. Which was a nice touch.

So there we have it... those are mine.., what’re yours?
Have A Nice Day!

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Your contact with famous wrestlers

Post by cero2k » Mar 26th, '18, 12:13

I've met a bunch of wrestlers via PWG, some of them are open to talking, some will just talk if you buy a t-shirt (yeah, i'm looking at you fucking Elgin).

Keith Lee is a sweetheart, met him close to the Houston flood so we talked a bit about that and how grateful we were that he had made the trip.

Haskins, Webster, Banks, Cooper, WALTER, Sabre, Ospreay, all the brits are usually just super super cool when they meet US fans, kinda like the don't expect to come over and have a bunch of fans saying they watch them all the time. TK Cooper i met while injured, so we talked about his injury. Haskins kept smiling at me all weekend because I bought a t-shirt on the first night.

Penta, since I have a tattoo of his mask, we just talked about tattoos. I've met him three times, two in PWG and one here in a local show. Fenix is also super cool, but he ALWAYS tries to sell a shirt anyway.

Bucks, Best Friends, Omega, Ricochet. they're all cool but always super busy, so it's hard to get more than 2-3 minutes with them to talk. Some other dudes like Trevor Lee, Cage, Hero, Sydal, they're mostly cool, but won't try to keep a conversation going if they don't know you already. With Hero I tried once trying to talk about the new guys coming in to PWG, and he was cool, but the conversation didn't go far, maybe he just gets easily distracted.

I've sat to talk with Meltzer, we talked about the Thatcher vs Hero rivalry for a while.

Through podcasting, I met Chris DeJoseph of Big Oily Fat Guy and LU fame, we're good friends when we get to talk wrestling but talk about a busy dude.

Also on social media, I had some conversations with Marty The Moth. I was just trying to get him booked on a podcast.

Cassandro El Exotico lives in my city, I'd say we're friends, we at least recognize each other and say hello when we see each other.

I also met Chavo Guerrero Sr. locally, he was drunk as fuck. That was like 10 yrs ago, I can't even remember what we talked about, but probably nonsense.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 26th, '18, 13:30

I ain't got squat. My cousin's boyfriend is Abyss' nephew, but that's about as close as I come.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Mar 27th, '18, 07:34

A cousin of mine went to high school with Matt Sydal, and his friend was in a backyard fed with him.
As such, they got to party with the Superstars around 2010-2011 whenever they would come to town.
So I've heard some stories about Kofi and Hornswoggle (most of which involve pot) and Jack Swagger (unsuccessfully hitting on two Asian chicks, basically becoming his in ring persona while drunk)

Also have another cousin who has some involvement with Glory Pro, the indy run by Micheal Elgin in Illinois.
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Mar 27th, '18, 18:01

I have so many lol. My very first one was Rey Mysterio at a car festival in town... Unfortunately it was one of those lines where people just are rushed through with an autograph, maybe a picture, and sent on their way, but it was still neat. Recently I met Dolph Ziggler, who was super nice (and intimidatingly attractive...) and seemed genuinely surprised that I was there to meet him. I met Sheamus just before he was in an Elimination Chamber match, though I don't remember which one. Bret Hart has come to the restaurant I work at a few times... I met Edge and Chris Jericho too (Jericho is a super nice dude!). I suppose that's what I get living in a city that is historically a wrestling city :P

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 27th, '18, 20:29

Serujuunin wrote: Mar 27th, '18, 18:01 I have so many lol. My very first one was Rey Mysterio at a car festival in town... Unfortunately it was one of those lines where people just are rushed through with an autograph, maybe a picture, and sent on their way, but it was still neat. Recently I met Dolph Ziggler, who was super nice (and intimidatingly attractive...) and seemed genuinely surprised that I was there to meet him. I met Sheamus just before he was in an Elimination Chamber match, though I don't remember which one. Bret Hart has come to the restaurant I work at a few times... I met Edge and Chris Jericho too (Jericho is a super nice dude!). I suppose that's what I get living in a city that is historically a wrestling city :P
I was worried that inbetween those lines i'd read "stalking Jeff Hardy and the consequent restraining order"

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Mar 27th, '18, 22:09

Dibiase Jr years back was a genuinely average ,easygoing funny guy.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Mar 28th, '18, 20:02

cero2k wrote: Mar 27th, '18, 20:29
Serujuunin wrote: Mar 27th, '18, 18:01 I have so many lol. My very first one was Rey Mysterio at a car festival in town... Unfortunately it was one of those lines where people just are rushed through with an autograph, maybe a picture, and sent on their way, but it was still neat. Recently I met Dolph Ziggler, who was super nice (and intimidatingly attractive...) and seemed genuinely surprised that I was there to meet him. I met Sheamus just before he was in an Elimination Chamber match, though I don't remember which one. Bret Hart has come to the restaurant I work at a few times... I met Edge and Chris Jericho too (Jericho is a super nice dude!). I suppose that's what I get living in a city that is historically a wrestling city :P
I was worried that inbetween those lines i'd read "stalking Jeff Hardy and the consequent restraining order"
No no, that would never be me. I have a pathological fear of confrontation and consequently, getting on the wrong side of the law. And you can bet your bottom dollar if I ever met him, I wouldn’t be able to stop talking about it!

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Mar 29th, '18, 08:58

I met Jerry Lynn after a minor league hockey game! It's one of my favorite stories!

A guy was handing out flyers to a wrestling conference as everyone left the game outside the arena. I must have seemed more interested than everyone brushing past him, he said "Oh? You like wrestling? Jerry Lynn's over there..."

Sure enough, The New F'N Show, sittin there on a bench. I was super psyched, Jerry popped up, he was super psyched that somebody recognized him. It was great! HE talked to ME for about ten minutes! I said something about The Sportatorium and never thought I'd meet somebody who'd actually been there, and said "Holeeeey Shit, dude..." and I couldn't shut him up! He was so laid back though, so cool. I'm pretty sure he was stoned, but that's ok.

While I was a fast food cashier in college (Downtown Pittsburgh) I met a handfull of ecw guys. Axl Rotten was the only one that was willing to have anything resembling a conversation with me. I've heard otherwise with him, but the three or four times he came in he was very nice. Asked if I was coming to the show later, blah blah blah. I took care of Blue Meanie, Balls Mahony, Roadkill... but they were too busy, or I was too busy to strike anything up. The last time I saw Axl there, though, he initiated with me, "Hey, what's up man? You comin tonight or you stuck here?" which I thought was really cool.

This doesn't count, but it's amusing. Right before I moved out of Pittsburgh, myself and a few accomplices spent a day doing "investigative research" and found Kurt Angle's house. We tried to stalk Shane Douglas as well with no luck.