Ranking the Announcing Teams

Tell it to the world!!
Big Red Machine

Ranking the Announcing Teams

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 10th, '16, 23:16

These ratings are for the team as an overall whole rather than the individual announcers.

Hidden text.
Kevin Kelly & Steve Corino- ROH
They are completely infuriating with their stupid little “jokes” that no one finds funny, Kevin Kelly, the babyface, comes off like a huge hypocrite, and both completely fail and projecting the right emotion at necessary times. They rarely talk about the match, and when they do these two (especially Kevin Kelly) actually hurt the product by saying the things that they say.
Hidden text.
Matt Striker & Vampiro- Lucha Underground
Vampiro is good half of the time and the other half of the time he seems completely out to lunch. Striker is an annoying little sh*t, and he himself is actually makes me angrier individually than either Kelly or Corino, but LU gets the #9 spot because 1) there is only one of him, and 2) when he says sh*t he often makes me wish he were dead, but he rarely actually detracts from the stories the booker is trying to tell.
Hidden text.
Excalibur & Friends- PWG
They usually don’t talk about the match, but they don’t pretend they’re planning on doing so, either.
Hidden text.
Mauro Ranallo, JBL, & David Otunga- Smackdown
Their presence this far down on the list is more of a testament to how obnoxious JBL is and how bad Otunga is more than anything else. Also, it’s proof that Mauro Ranallo is only a mere human.
Hidden text.
Josh Mathews & The Pope (& Madison Rayne)- Impact
Yeah, Pope just says stuff and Madison is so wooden that if she poked Vamprio in the chest he would die, but Josh comes across to me like someone trying his hardest despite being given utter sh*t. He, more than any other babyface announcer other than Lenny Leonard and Mauro, does a great job at getting the proper emotion in his voice.
Hidden text.
Michael Cole, Corey Graves, & Byron Saxton- Raw
I’ve grown to tolerate Saxton most of the time and Cole is better than he is given credit for, but let’s be clear that this team would drop several spots if not for Corey Graves, who is the best color commentator in wrestling right now.
Hidden text.
Tom Phillips & Corey Graves- NXT
The best team going for years.
Hidden text.
The Revolution Pro guys
I don't even know their names, but I know they are awesome. They do a fantastic job of getting me into the matches and build everything like it really matters.
Hidden text.
Lenny Leonard (& Joey Styles, while he was there)- EVOLVE
Lenny Leonard is awesome and probably the most underrated announcer in wrestling history, and Joey was decent when he wasn’t going into business for himself.
Hidden text.
Mauro Ranallo, Corey Graves, & Austin Aries- 205 Live
A f*cking DREAM TEAM! Both Aries and Graves are heels who know how to put a babyface over while still heeling on them (and being funny when needed), and Mauro getting the chance to work with guys who he doesn’t have to spend effort dragging into competency frees him up to be his awesome self.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3