Goldberg vs Lesnar?

Tell it to the world!!
Nic/Phreak

Goldberg vs Lesnar?

Post by Nic/Phreak » Nov 22nd, '16, 08:12

so i have a question.. or thought

if Goldberg agreed to stay around for a bit, wouldn't it have been better ((since they want to set up Goldberg/Lesnar at Rumble)) to have Lesnar take out Goldberg, since its already 1-0 goldberg, which would tie it up with one win each, which would have a both sides saying something about it being tied.. and to see whose better at RR
Simply Better !!

Outspoken, Arrogant, Blunt, Honest, Funny, major Ass, politically incorrect, smartass

Big Red Machine

Re: Goldberg vs Lesnar?

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 22nd, '16, 08:41

Nic/Phreak wrote:so i have a question.. or thought

if Goldberg agreed to stay around for a bit, wouldn't it have been better ((since they want to set up Goldberg/Lesnar at Rumble)) to have Lesnar take out Goldberg, since its already 1-0 goldberg, which would tie it up with one win each, which would have a both sides saying something about it being tied.. and to see whose better at RR
When you put it that way, what they did seems even sillier. If it's 2-0 Goldberg then it is Brock who is on the quest to defeat the unbeatable monster, which he will triumphantly do at WrestleMania.
I think they thought they needed to "re-establish" Goldberg for people who are too stupid to get the idea that he is a bad-ass after being shown a million clips of him spearing and jackhammering people.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 22nd, '16, 10:55

Arrive.

Spear. Spear. Jackhammer.

Leave.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 22nd, '16, 11:26

Nic/Phreak wrote:so i have a question.. or thought

ideally yes, especially since him winning at WM would feel better. Problem was that they didn't know he was staying til two days prior or something i believe, by that point, Goldberg had been hinting this was his final match, and if you lose after coming back after so long and then you get beat clean (because a dirty win would be even worse than a squash), then maybe you were right about not fighting anymore from the start.

From the way Goldberg was booked, it's like they have no intention of making the 2004 run relevant, this is 1999 Goldberg years later.