Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by KILLdozer » May 24th, '19, 23:22

NWK2000 wrote:
May 24th, '19, 23:17
Bob-O wrote:
May 24th, '19, 18:24
cero2k wrote:
May 24th, '19, 09:11
I actually get together with a small group of people I've known since high school to watch The Big Four every year. And this invite extends to anyone on here if you're ever in the STL area. It's a fun time and I think it's why I'm largely more positive about the product
I'm actually 45 minutes from STL now.

When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Bob-O
Favorite Wrestler: Marty Scurll

Post by Bob-O » May 25th, '19, 08:12

Thus far, the jokes and digs have felt like all in good fun. Petty and a little hypocritical for a company that set out to "do their own thing", but fun none the less. But going after Bayley? Huh??

Not saying much for Kylie that he couldn't put her over without burying somebody else...

cero2k
Site Admin
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero

Post by cero2k » May 25th, '19, 11:29

Bob-O wrote:
May 25th, '19, 08:12
Thus far, the jokes and digs have felt like all in good fun. Petty and a little hypocritical for a company that set out to "do their own thing", but fun none the less. But going after Bayley? Huh??

Not saying much for Kylie that he couldn't put her over without burying somebody else...

i don't know why the internet went crazy over this joke, it's obviously a joke. The internet feels really resistant this weekend over having something non-wwe succeed.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » May 25th, '19, 13:40

cero2k wrote:
May 25th, '19, 11:29
i don't know why the internet went crazy over this joke, it's obviously a joke. The internet feels really resistant this weekend over having something non-wwe succeed.
The internet doesn't really want to see WWE succeed either, so...

Big Red Machine
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Post by Big Red Machine » May 25th, '19, 23:21

cero2k wrote:
May 25th, '19, 11:29
Bob-O wrote:
May 25th, '19, 08:12

Because no matter what he says in public, Cody is a bitter little sh*t, and AEW loves taking shots at WWE (did you notice that the male VPs all have Hunter's various titles, while Brandi was given the same title Steph has?), and now Cody just took one at someone who has done nothing to deserve having shots taken at her. The "little" part might not be true, but "pissant" isn't necessarily too far off the mark.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 26th, '19, 20:37

According to Bruce Michell, Bret Hart was a last minute replacement. The guy who was originally supposed to present the AEW Title was...
Hidden text.
Ric Flair
Think of the stir that would have caused within WWE.

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 27th, '19, 08:14

Big Red Machine wrote:
May 26th, '19, 20:37
According to Bruce Michell, Bret Hart was a last minute replacement. The guy who was originally supposed to present the AEW Title was...
Hidden text.
Ric Flair
Think of the stir that would have caused within WWE.
I actually thought Bret would stir enough, he was just in the HOF less than two months ago

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 27th, '19, 21:38

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 28th, '19, 13:22

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » May 29th, '19, 18:51

When it's 2019 and I've seen a Rock n Roll Express match on a major card I don't know why I'm surprised, but I didn't expect...

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 30th, '19, 14:51

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » May 30th, '19, 18:22

cero2k wrote:
May 30th, '19, 14:51
It's a good sign of things to come, but would that effect Vince at all since he's based out of Connecticut?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 3rd, '19, 11:12

A fan is claiming he was saying generically mean things to the Allure after they did their usual heelishness and that he was taken backstage and intimidated by Bully Ray.

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 3rd, '19, 13:24

Big Red Machine wrote:
Jun 3rd, '19, 11:12
A fan is claiming he was saying generically mean things to the Allure after they did their usual heelishness and that he was taken backstage and intimidated by Bully Ray.

i read his whole story and i'm totally behind ROH on this. It's been two (dark) matches and that dude already got in trouble with the talent and is obviously being loud enough for them to hear him. Wrestlers give it back and he brings up stuff like 'you fuck bully ray', so (1) he says he respects kayfabe and he booes the heels, but his insults are IRL?, (2) If these are tapings and I'm ROH, i'm sure as hell not gonna risk this dumbshit say stuff like 'you fuck bully ray' during recording so that I have to go and edit it out, nor I want him interrupting any segment.

Dude is lucky he didn't get kicked out or beat up like the old days

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 3rd, '19, 16:36

cero2k wrote:
Jun 3rd, '19, 13:24
Big Red Machine wrote:
Jun 3rd, '19, 11:12

i read his whole story and i'm totally behind ROH on this. It's been two (dark) matches and that dude already got in trouble with the talent and is obviously being loud enough for them to hear him. Wrestlers give it back and he brings up stuff like 'you fuck bully ray', so (1) he says he respects kayfabe and he booes the heels, but his insults are IRL?, (2) If these are tapings and I'm ROH, i'm sure as hell not gonna risk this dumbshit say stuff like 'you fuck bully ray' during recording so that I have to go and edit it out, nor I want him interrupting any segment.

Dude is lucky he didn't get kicked out or beat up like the old days
Dude... ROH was TOTALLY out of line to bring someone backstage and have a wrestler intimidate him.

Shouting stuff like that at wrestlers has been going on for years and no one had a problem with it. He says he's been going to show for a decade and hasn't had a problem before. He could be lying, but you'd think others would be calling him out if he were (both fans in the building and people who have seen it via HonorClub).

And you are making an assumption that ROH/Bully Ray were not overreacting. We have no evidence to show that this man is lying, and the extreme abnormality of taking a disruptive fan backstage to get intimidated into behaving by a wrestler (especially the boyfriend of one of the heckled heels) rather than just kicking the guy out (which they warn you right before the show starts that they have a right to do, and you don't get a refund) seems to suggest that this was Bully or Delirious or someone backstage making poor decisions.

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 3rd, '19, 17:23

Big Red Machine wrote:
Jun 3rd, '19, 16:36

Dude... ROH was TOTALLY out of line to bring someone backstage and have a wrestler intimidate him.

Shouting stuff like that at wrestlers has been going on for years and no one had a problem with it. He says he's been going to show for a decade and hasn't had a problem before. He could be lying, but you'd think others would be calling him out if he were (both fans in the building and people who have seen it via HonorClub).

And you are making an assumption that ROH/Bully Ray were not overreacting. We have no evidence to show that this man is lying, and the extreme abnormality of taking a disruptive fan backstage to get intimidated into behaving by a wrestler (especially the boyfriend of one of the heckled heels) rather than just kicking the guy out (which they warn you right before the show starts that they have a right to do, and you don't get a refund) seems to suggest that this was Bully or Delirious or someone backstage making poor decisions.
don't get wrong, i don't condone neither Bully Ray being the one acting (tho I think it's usually him doing this shit), nor the intimidation tactics, but I read this kid and all i see someone trying to be a victim. I need to hear ROH's side of the story.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 3rd, '19, 17:33

cero2k wrote:
Jun 3rd, '19, 17:23
Big Red Machine wrote:
Jun 3rd, '19, 16:36

don't get wrong, i don't condone neither Bully Ray being the one acting (tho I think it's usually him doing this shit), nor the intimidation tactics, but I read this kid and all i see someone trying to be a victim. I need to hear ROH's side of the story.
Bully's statement:

The only other claims that this fan crossed any sort of line seem to have come from one person claiming that he/she read it on reddit. Several others who were there have emerged to defend this fan in the original Twitter thread, as well as people who weren't at this show but know him from regularly attending DEFY and say that they have never seen or heard him be disrespectful to anyone.

Bully's statement comes across to me like BS. Or at least like someone who doesn't understand that being taken backstage to have large person scold you might be considered intimidating.

Also, the nerve of among whose top three most famous quotes is "what do we have here? A mother who taught her daughter how to suck cock" lecturing someone what is and isn't okay to say to women is more than a little ironic. Similarly, a man who used to encourage fans to come out of the crowd to fight him scolding a fan for saying things is also ridiculous.

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer
Favorite Wrestler: Idk

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 3rd, '19, 17:44

Whole thing reeks of stupid. You can't do that to a paying customer at a wrestling show. Just call it what it is. Truthfully though, he shouldn't have even went backstage.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 3rd, '19, 17:49

And a great point from Bix:

The fan is also claiming that the security guy who pulled him aside was Delirious. Jeff Schwartz (Hagadorn's "An Honorable Mention" co-host, and a regular ROH fan/social circle traveller from back in the day) has theorized that it is a Dojo student named Brian who looks similar enough to Delirious that Jeff has gotten them confused before. And, again, Jeff is someone who has probably seen Delirious unmasked more than a few times. A fan who is only going by the beard would almost certainly be confused.

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 3rd, '19, 22:18

i looked closely to see who this dude was and I actually know who he is, not personally, but he's a PWG regular. if you watch the old Reseda shows, he's usually seated on the left side from the hardcam and looks like Roddy Strong. Scurll once threw Flash Morgan Webster on top of him because he was being annoying. He is most definitely a heckler and not as saint. Again, i don't condone how the situation was handled, but this dude is a loudmouth jock