Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Tell it to the world!!
Big Red Machine
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 19th, '17, 18:18

According to Meltzer, Scott Dawson spent his time off during his injury watching old southern wrestling tapes. That seems totally perfect to me.

Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
wXw 16 Carat Tournament 2016
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

cero2k
Site Admin
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero

Post by cero2k » Dec 22nd, '17, 12:47

Cornette in Jericho's corner, The Bucks in Omega's corner. This could be gold!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 22nd, '17, 13:03

cero2k wrote:
Dec 22nd, '17, 12:47

But how is Jim going to get there? He doesn't fly, so if he were going to take a boat he'd probably have to leave today.

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 22nd, '17, 13:18

Big Red Machine wrote:
Dec 22nd, '17, 13:03
cero2k wrote:
Dec 22nd, '17, 12:47

But how is Jim going to get there? He doesn't fly, so if he were going to take a boat he'd probably have to leave today.
just put him on the tron screaming at everyone with a live feed of his twitter

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 25th, '17, 15:26

Quote heard on a Podcast about Cody (specifically in relation to the title match with Okada in Long Beach, but I think the general sentiment applies to most of his matches):
"When your heat is based around the hardcore fanbase being scared sh*tless because they're afraid this guy who sucks is going to win the title, I don't know how much credit you should get for that."

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 30th, '17, 21:41

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 9th, '18, 12:44

Don Callis, on the Killing The Town podcast, commented on this week's Impact Wrestling tapings in Orlando,which kick off tomorrow
Heading down to Orlando, looking forward to meeting all the top talent that's on the roster, and yeah, that's coming up. So it's busy. I mean, it was busy going over for match sheets and what not over the flight from Tokyo when I wasn't sleeping because I was exhausted from spending 4 days with our man Chris Jericho. So pretty pumped about that, pretty pumped about some of the changes that Scott and I and the rest of the folks there are looking to make and it's going to be a process and we've kept quiet for a reason, anything you read out there is mostly fan speculation or rumor. We're not going to change every last single thing on the first show. But there's a long term vision and hopefully people will enjoy the ride. The good news, ratings are way up, we're 310,000 viewers this week so that was good news. So hopefully that continues and people give the show a try and hang in there with us because I think there's going to be lots of fun stuff to do. It's like when Mike Babcock took over the Maple Leafs, he made the comment, "Look, it's not all going to change in one game or in 10 games. It's not going to happen overnight. You've got to build the foundation and you've got to set the table." So that's what we're doing.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 12th, '18, 12:46

Is he trying to get fired again?

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 12th, '18, 13:00

Big Red Machine wrote:
Jan 12th, '18, 12:46
Is he trying to get fired again?

man gives no fucks, if he gets fired he gets to wrestle like he wants, hell, he may even make it to the ALL IN show, otherwise he has to wait til Sept 30 to be released

also

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 21st, '18, 11:24

In an interview with The Mirror ahead of Raw 25, Stephanie McMahon explained why she and the wrestlers in the ring broke character during the announcement of the women’s Royal Rumble: “We were chastised by some fans because we broke character and I told the women earlier in the day -- they knew I was coming out but they didn't know what I was going to say -- I told them react naturally, don't feel like you have to be in character, it's okay for you to react however you want to react, to whatever I'm going to say. We all broke character that night. We had this very real moment with each other and with the audience, because again, our audience is such a huge part of making this happen.”
Oh f*ck off. "Don't fee like you have to be in character" is not something that should ever be said on a show unless you're announcing someone's death, and even if it was, they had no choice anyway because "staying in character" would constitute brawling around during Steph's grand speech, which would have resulted in punishment anyway and the women are all smart enough to figure that out.

I also love how she ignores the issue of "and them all breaking character like this puts all of the focus on Steph and not on the wrestlers" and just turned it into "smarks are upset that we broke kayfabe." I hate this company, and Vince and Steph's belief they can get away with this sort of bullsh*t are a key component of why. At least when Hunter says something like this you get the feeling that he actually knows better but is following the company line in pubic because of who he is marred to.

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer
Favorite Wrestler: Idk

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 21st, '18, 19:42

Why does Stephanie HAVE to be the one that made that announcement? It didn't have to be that great big non-kayfabe thing at the end of the show.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 24th, '18, 14:25

following on her father's footsteps

KILLdozer
Favorite Wrestler: Idk

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 24th, '18, 16:15

Yeah, that's just wonderful, because that's exactly what we need. If she'd been in there actually actively wrestling like she used to be it'd be a different story.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 25th, '18, 09:30

KILLdozer wrote:
Jan 24th, '18, 16:15
Yeah, that's just wonderful, because that's exactly what we need. If she'd been in there actually actively wrestling like she used to be it'd be a different story.
here's $5 saying she does the good ol' surprise entrant from the announcer's table spot

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 25th, '18, 18:52

cero2k wrote:
Jan 25th, '18, 09:30
KILLdozer wrote:
Jan 24th, '18, 16:15
here's $5 saying she does the good ol' surprise entrant from the announcer's table spot
Yup. And maing this announcement in advance was probably intended to throw us all off. Just like Ronda swearing up and down that she's not going to be in it.

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 29th, '18, 21:22

Not really a quote, but...

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 30th, '18, 08:16

i think there is a quote related to that video that says
Stupid Motherfucker
- Brock Lesnar -

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 30th, '18, 09:12

From December 2016, talking about WWE hiring Ronda Rousey after her loss

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 8th, '18, 09:27

As per February 12 2018 Wrestling Observer Newsletter:
As far as Rousey goes, the key item not really talked about is the goals and a major reason why she is there from a company standpoint. All the different questions about her value to the company financially I’m told are secondary.

The key to Rousey is more about Stephanie McMahon, which is why they want that super high-profile match (and if they can get Johnson, it makes it even more high-profile). Stephanie McMahon is a big star in wrestling, but she is not a mainstream star at all. It was explained to me that the key in all this goes back to what made Vince McMahon a big star, which was the program with Steve Austin, and what made Steve Austin a breakthrough star past being a pro wrestling top guy, which was hardly an interview at King of the Ring or the WrestleMania match with Bret Hart, as legend has it, but the angle in Fresno with Mike Tyson.

Rousey is a major sports star. The idea that she was the single most searched female athlete in the U.S. on the Internet in 2017, a year she never competed and for the most part laid low in, speaks volumes. The idea for the program is to make Stephanie a star outside of just the pro wrestling world.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 8th, '18, 10:10

cero2k wrote:
Feb 8th, '18, 09:27
As per February 12 2018 Wrestling Observer Newsletter:
As far as Rousey goes, the key item not really talked about is the goals and a major reason why she is there from a company standpoint. All the different questions about her value to the company financially I’m told are secondary.

The key to Rousey is more about Stephanie McMahon, which is why they want that super high-profile match (and if they can get Johnson, it makes it even more high-profile). Stephanie McMahon is a big star in wrestling, but she is not a mainstream star at all. It was explained to me that the key in all this goes back to what made Vince McMahon a big star, which was the program with Steve Austin, and what made Steve Austin a breakthrough star past being a pro wrestling top guy, which was hardly an interview at King of the Ring or the WrestleMania match with Bret Hart, as legend has it, but the angle in Fresno with Mike Tyson.

Rousey is a major sports star. The idea that she was the single most searched female athlete in the U.S. on the Internet in 2017, a year she never competed and for the most part laid low in, speaks volumes. The idea for the program is to make Stephanie a star outside of just the pro wrestling world.
Okay... and what value do they hope to get out of Stephanie McMahon becoming a mainstream star? Do they think people are going to buy Network subscriptions or tickets or tune in to Raw to hear Steph cut bad promos full of corporate gibberish? She's not going to be an in-ring talent and I can't see how people would see her TV character and not get turned off by her (it'd be one thing if she had, say, Sasha Banks giving her her comeuppance every once and a while, but that's not the way they've booked Steph since the Authority angle started, with the sole exception of the Vickie Guerrero slopping).

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation