Tell it to the world!!
cero2k
Site Admin
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by cero2k » Feb 8th, '18, 10:25

Big Red Machine wrote:
Feb 8th, '18, 10:10

Okay... and what value do they hope to get out of Stephanie McMahon becoming a mainstream star? Do they think people are going to buy Network subscriptions or tickets or tune in to Raw to hear Steph cut bad promos full of corporate gibberish? She's not going to be an in-ring talent and I can't see how people would see her TV character and not get turned off by her (it'd be one thing if she had, say, Sasha Banks giving her her comeuppance every once and a while, but that's not the way they've booked Steph since the Authority angle started, with the sole exception of the Vickie Guerrero slopping).
except this has nothing to do with making WWE product better, this is about daddy's little girl wanting to be recognized on the street by paparazzi and invited to award shows

Big Red Machine
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 8th, '18, 11:52

cero2k wrote:
Feb 8th, '18, 10:25
Big Red Machine wrote:
Feb 8th, '18, 10:10

Okay... and what value do they hope to get out of Stephanie McMahon becoming a mainstream star? Do they think people are going to buy Network subscriptions or tickets or tune in to Raw to hear Steph cut bad promos full of corporate gibberish? She's not going to be an in-ring talent and I can't see how people would see her TV character and not get turned off by her (it'd be one thing if she had, say, Sasha Banks giving her her comeuppance every once and a while, but that's not the way they've booked Steph since the Authority angle started, with the sole exception of the Vickie Guerrero slopping).
except this has nothing to do with making WWE product better, this is about daddy's little girl wanting to be recognized on the street by paparazzi and invited to award shows
Did Vince ever get invited to awards shows? She does realize she's in the pro wrestling business, right?

But basically, this whole Ronda thing is exactly what everyone feared it would be, which was Steph (and Hunter) trying to get themselves over by hanging out with Ronda rather than being about how Ronda can help their wrestling product.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
TNA Victory Road 2008
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 8th, '18, 12:38

Big Red Machine wrote:
Feb 8th, '18, 11:52

Did Vince ever get invited to awards shows? She does realize she's in the pro wrestling business, right?

But basically, this whole Ronda thing is exactly what everyone feared it would be, which was Steph (and Hunter) trying to get themselves over by hanging out with Ronda rather than being about how Ronda can help their wrestling product.
no, he was invited to the billionaire's club parties. Steph want's to be mainstream famous, she wants to be the Beyonce of wrestling.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 18th, '18, 22:19

Danny Daniels on Twitter apologized for using Elgin saying:
"To those that were upset that Michael Elgin was on the show. I apologize. My goal from day one was to put on the best shows possible and that was my sole intention. Obviously l let people down. Elgin made this whole weekend w/ Naito possible for 3 groups so I wanted to be loyal.

Elgin is a friend of mine & I know his family has been going through a difficult time. So I wanted to help him out as he's done numerous times for us. It was a poor decision by my part. Again this was strictly my call as I thought the fans would like the outcome, I was wrong.

This wasn't a who's right and who's wrong decision on his personal issues. That's his business. I just wanted to put the best product out there as my main concern is the fans. We put out 9 matches with the best talent from around the world, and it didn't work.

Just read other Chicago groups putting out there that fans should support them because they are good people. I didn't know me and my partner mike were bad human beings now.

Want to make it clear that it was my choice to put Elgin on the show. He didn't force me, I just wanted to give the fans as many great matches as I possibly could. Naito-Elgin tore it up on friday so I made the decision in the morning. He was going to be there regardless.

That being said. @AAWPro will not have Michael Elgin on the shows. This company was built on listening to our audience. Again I apologize to all that were offended. My intention has always been to give extra on every show as a thank you for the fans spending their money on us.

It's not the first mistake I've made doing this gig, as it's challenging. Again if you choose to not support us, I fully understand and want to thank you for helping us grow throughout the years. We don't take paydays, we do this for the fans. So again I apologize for my mistake."

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
TNA Victory Road 2008

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 18th, '18, 22:20

Doesn't bode well for Swann, and it's a little frustrating to see fans essentially trying to end someone's career for doing something he is perfectly within his legal rights to do.

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
TNA Victory Road 2008

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 21st, '18, 22:43

Tetsuya Naito did an in-character interview with Tokyo Sports where he complained about being booked against Taichi at NJPW’s 46th Anniversary event: “I actually rate Taichi, a bit. But I won MVP two years in a row, right? And I just beat him (at Takataichimania) anyway? Why not have YOSHI-HASHI face Taichi, and then the winner faces me? Just chucking people at me for no reason, expectations get raised, and then they lose, obviously. It’s bad for them, if anything. They need to stop throwing matches together at random.”

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
TNA Victory Road 2008

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 22nd, '18, 09:10

Big Red Machine wrote:
Feb 21st, '18, 22:43
Tetsuya Naito did an in-character interview with Tokyo Sports where he complained about being booked against Taichi at NJPW’s 46th Anniversary event: “I actually rate Taichi, a bit. But I won MVP two years in a row, right? And I just beat him (at Takataichimania) anyway? Why not have YOSHI-HASHI face Taichi, and then the winner faces me? Just chucking people at me for no reason, expectations get raised, and then they lose, obviously. It’s bad for them, if anything. They need to stop throwing matches together at random.”
this has shades of reality, but I can see this also being part of the storyline with Naito getting annoyed at all these geeks

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 22nd, '18, 10:59

cero2k wrote:
Feb 22nd, '18, 09:10
Big Red Machine wrote:
Feb 21st, '18, 22:43
this has shades of reality, but I can see this also being part of the storyline with Naito getting annoyed at all these geeks
Which is why it's so great. It fits in perfectly with kayfabe, but you can totally believe the emotions behind it.

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
TNA Victory Road 2008

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 22nd, '18, 08:17

Wrestling Observer Newsletter wrote:wXw kept a tight secret on the return of Ilja Dragunov last week. Most of the wrestlers and office staff didn't know. He was brought to the building and was covered in a blanket his time backstage. The wrestlers were told not to look or risk being fired and he was brought into a room by himself. He was brought to the Gorilla position under the blanket. Announcer Alan Counihan was given an envelope during intermission and told not to open it until Walter started his promo and the note just said to get ready for something big. Christian Jakobi, who runs the promotion, did a press conference the next day and said that they came up with the angle last summer and wanted a long period before it paid off. The idea was to produce an elaborate video documentary of Dragunov and his family to explain his leaving wrestling and going home. In the story, he took a job as a personal trainer. Apparently there was talk of paying off his surprise return in December, but they held it off feeling the longer they waited, the bigger it would be. He said it was hard on Dragunov not being able to wrestle for several months. He said they also have kept secret who are the people who are doing the booking because they don't want reporters or people in the company lobbying those people, and that Dragunov had no input in the story. He said they want to be known as the one indy promotion that gives a lot of thought to storylines and storytelling
Props to wXw for being able to keep a secret, but it's also kind of sad that companies don't trust their employees not to spoil sh*t on the internet (WWE does similar, as, I'm sure, to other companies).

As for the angle itself... I probably would have preferred if Ilja had just won the belt in December, but doing it this way seemed necessary to set up the dissension within RISE so I'll give them a pass.

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
TNA Victory Road 2008

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 26th, '18, 12:34

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 27th, '18, 08:03

KILLdozer
Favorite Wrestler: Idk

Post by KILLdozer » Mar 28th, '18, 12:48

"They took a good award and named it after an asshole."

Cornette's thoughts on the Ultimate Warrior award hall of fame thing, as well as the originally named Fabulous Moolah memorial battle royale.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 9th, '18, 11:09

gotta make history, every day

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 9th, '18, 11:35

cero2k wrote:
Apr 9th, '18, 11:09

gotta make history, every day
Hopefully they've learned to call an audible by now in case Ronda's work isn't up to snuff by then.

And to be honest, I'd be a million times more interested in this if they replaced Ronda with Baszler even if Ronda turns out to be a good worker. Baszler is just a more compelling character to me.

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
TNA Victory Road 2008

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 9th, '18, 11:38

Big Red Machine wrote:
Apr 9th, '18, 11:35

Hopefully they've learned to call an audible by now in case Ronda's work isn't up to snuff by then.

And to be honest, I'd be a million times more interested in this if they replaced Ronda with Baszler even if Ronda turns out to be a good worker. Baszler is just a more compelling character to me.
Charlotte is WWE's golden girl, everyone will be fed to her to build her up, she may as well start another PPV undefeated streak.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 9th, '18, 12:39

cero2k wrote:
Apr 9th, '18, 11:38
Big Red Machine wrote:
Apr 9th, '18, 11:35

Charlotte is WWE's golden girl, everyone will be fed to her to build her up, she may as well start another PPV undefeated streak.
Actually, my guess would be that they'll have Ronda go undefeated and then position Charlotte as the "streak-breaker." And I think they'll probably turn her heel and have Ronda win this.

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
TNA Victory Road 2008

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 11th, '18, 22:44

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 13th, '18, 08:41

This is now Flip Gordon debuts, mark my words

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 13th, '18, 09:20

cero2k wrote:
Apr 13th, '18, 08:41
This is now Flip Gordon debuts, mark my words

I totally popped. I love Bone Soldier. I just hope he brings Cody Hall with him.

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
TNA Victory Road 2008

cero2k
Site Admin