Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Tell it to the world!!
cero2k
Site Admin
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero

Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by cero2k » Aug 15th, '16, 09:29

I'm creating this topic to post day to day quotes from wrestling, not to remember famous quotes, but when you see someone tweet something or comment something and you wanna share it but not make a new topic about it or that could trigger some discussion from it.

From today.

Cody Rhodes quote from "Straight Shoot" podcast:
"When you're calling the NXT talent 'Dusty's kids' and his actual kid is working there... The last thing you wanna do, is dress up like a fucking space clown."
Dave Meltzer on G1:
"You finished watching this going like, this tournament was epic, and this guy [Kenny Omega] is the star wrestling performer of this world."
"You know, when it was over it was like, who's better than this guy? Shawn Michaels ten years ago, Kenta Kobashi, yeah maybe. But I mean like, now, even A.J., who's pretty damn close, or somebody like, you know, I mean Okada's fantastic. Tanahashi, if it's a big match obviously. But god damn, this guy. He put on an incredible performance."
From today's WOR. Glowing review of Omega's performance over the course of the tournament.

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by cero2k » Aug 29th, '16, 12:08

Kenny Omega (I guess) hoping Ibushi comes back to NJPW

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 30th, '16, 11:35

Meltzer on Del Rio from 8/30 WOR:
"So, Del Rio has been pulled from, after the 30 days are up, he's in fact been pulled from all shows. So you can probably read into that exactly what you're reading into that."
Looks like Del Rio may be on his way out now

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Sep 1st, '16, 10:32

that second part is from yesterday where an ESPN guy was insulting Kevin Owen's kid pretty much for believing in kayfabe

Big Red Machine
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 1st, '16, 11:12

cero2k wrote:
that second part is from yesterday where an ESPN guy was insulting Kevin Owen's kid pretty much for believing in kayfabe
Both fair points. Hell... if I were WWE I'd cut ties with TMZ on general principle.

And really... never mind insulting a kid. If I were WWE, I would do my damnedest to avoid doing business with anyone who doesn't understand the nature of pro wrestling and the mindset of wrestling fans and their relationship with the promotion. If you don't understand that there is more to what we do than just "fake fighting" and if you don't understand that our fans are theater-goers rather than dumb marks being conned into in believing something that obviously isn't real, then you can f*ck right off.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
Beyond Flesh
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Sep 1st, '16, 11:25

Big Red Machine wrote: Both fair points. Hell... if I were WWE I'd cut ties with TMZ on general principle.

And really... never mind insulting a kid. If I were WWE, I would do my damnedest to avoid doing business with anyone who doesn't understand the nature of pro wrestling and the mindset of wrestling fans and their relationship with the promotion. If you don't understand that there is more to what we do than just "fake fighting" and if you don't understand that our fans are theater-goers rather than dumb marks being conned into in believing something that obviously isn't real, then you can f*ck right off.
on the second one is more as in ask ESPN to do something about it, it's not a whole company being shitty, but just one dumbass. I think the ESPN + WWE partnership can be good within its own limitations

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 1st, '16, 11:40

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote: Both fair points. Hell... if I were WWE I'd cut ties with TMZ on general principle.

on the second one is more as in ask ESPN to do something about it, it's not a whole company being shitty, but just one dumbass. I think the ESPN + WWE partnership can be good within its own limitations
Yeah, I know.
With that one in particular it baffles me why ESPN is interested. If they weren't going to cover WWE, you'd think they'd try to cover it well. Instead they are pretty much just giving WWE guys airtime to plug their stuff and throwing crappy softball questions at them.

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
Beyond Flesh

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Oct 10th, '16, 13:43

"Okada, I'm going to treat you like a little bitch. Just like they did in America"
-

Kenny Omega, savage AF

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 15th, '16, 12:53

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 15th, '16, 12:59

cero2k wrote:
Sad news. Either the doom prophesies are true, or they want to push him hard and he doesn't want to risk injury.

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
Beyond Flesh

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 21st, '16, 21:41

a topic from back in 2014
"The indie scene becomes less and less of a factor all the time. We're having to create the talent. They're not out there ready to just get picked."

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 21st, '16, 22:27

Meltzer wrote:Then, in a ring set up outside, the Hardys and Rock & Roll Express wrestled each other for the first time. The Rock & Roll Express did a bunch of their classic spots in super slow motion. It wasn’t the PWG gimmick where you wrestle in slow-motion, it was just guys doing the fast spots they used to do but they can’t move fast.
Ignorant "journalist" Dave doesn't realize that this was a CHIKARA gimmick LONG before PWG did. I hope Quack gives him an angry call and demands a correction in next week's Observer.

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
Beyond Flesh

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 21st, '16, 22:56

Big Red Machine wrote:
Meltzer wrote:Then, in a ring set up outside, the Hardys and Rock & Roll Express wrestled each other for the first time. The Rock & Roll Express did a bunch of their classic spots in super slow motion. It wasn’t the PWG gimmick where you wrestle in slow-motion, it was just guys doing the fast spots they used to do but they can’t move fast.
Ignorant "journalist" Dave doesn't realize that this was a CHIKARA gimmick LONG before PWG did. I hope Quack gives him an angry call and demands a correction in next week's Observer.
does it really matter? that's where most people know it from now a days anyway, and I actually believe Kikutaro did it long before CHIKARA did

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 21st, '16, 23:20

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
does it really matter? that's where most people know it from now a days anyway, and I actually believe Kikutaro did it long before CHIKARA did
Most people know it from CHIKARA, not PWG. It's just the sort of thing that Dave would normally be so quick to let us know that like some angle or another actually originated in some territory or another or whatever, but here he errs on something that most indy fans wouldn't screw up.

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
Beyond Flesh

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 9th, '17, 14:54

This may clear some Omega/NJPW doubts. Hopefully this is what it is

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 18th, '17, 11:05

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2017/01 ... -interview

“The WWE Universe is different from the rest of the world,” explained Angle. “Even though I was wrestling all these great matches, most WWE fans didn’t see those matches. That makes me sad, but it would be nice if WWE somehow got my TNA library, as well as AJ Styles’s, Samoa Joe’s, and Bobby Roode’s so people can see the stuff we did. Those guys will continue to have great matches, but we also had some great ones in TNA.”

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 13th, '17, 16:05

Vince Russo with the line of the day:

"If Jesus Christ himself headlined next year's Wrestlemania, Triple H would make sure he had a better entrance than Jesus Christ"

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 13th, '17, 16:14

cero2k wrote:Vince Russo with the line of the day:

"If Jesus Christ himself headlined next year's Wrestlemania, Triple H would make sure he had a better entrance than Jesus Christ"

Wait... did people think Hunter's entrance this year was good?

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
Beyond Flesh

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 13th, '17, 18:34

from what i've heard, yeah, but mostly because biker chick Steph was looking hot

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 13th, '17, 20:35

cero2k wrote:from what i've heard, yeah, but mostly because biker chick Steph was looking hot

He was riding a freakin' tricycle!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
Beyond Flesh