Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Tell it to the world!!

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 18685
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by cero2k » Aug 8th, '19, 09:07


User avatar
NWK2000
Posts: 1087
Joined: Feb 26th, '14, 00:52
Favorite Wrestler: Great Sasuke

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by NWK2000 » Aug 8th, '19, 10:06

cero2k wrote:
Aug 8th, '19, 09:07
Good for him! Always thought he was way more talented than he got credit for. I wish him nothing but success (Enzo's still a rat bastard tho)
Up next on NWK Reviews
Jushin Liger TV Special
WWF Bad Blood 1997
WWF King of the Ring 1999
AJW Big Egg Wrestling Universe

User avatar
Bob-O
Posts: 3265
Joined: Dec 17th, '10, 06:06
Favorite Wrestler: Marty Scurll
Location: Erie, Pa

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by Bob-O » Aug 8th, '19, 13:31

cero2k wrote:
Aug 8th, '19, 09:07
Here I am, trying to think of a way to make fun of the fact his pants don't fit anymore. Then it occurs to me how expensive and hard to find jeans must be for a guy that's seven feet tall, and now I'm sad.

Because when you're working the Indy's... You. Can't. Afford. That.




Brokest guy in the room, how ya doin'?
Image

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 18685
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by cero2k » Aug 8th, '19, 15:33

Bob-O wrote:
Aug 8th, '19, 13:31


Here I am, trying to think of a way to make fun of the fact his pants don't fit anymore. Then it occurs to me how expensive and hard to find jeans must be for a guy that's seven feet tall, and now I'm sad.

Because when you're working the Indy's... You. Can't. Afford. That.




Brokest guy in the room, how ya doin'?
they were probably the same ones he bought when he was fat and hasn't bought new ones, i mean, it hasn't been that long, that fat pic is from around WM weekend time

but it's actually true, i've heard from other 7+ ft tall men, there aren't a lot of well fitted pants out there, they don't make skinny/fitted/etc pants, they're all loose. You are pretty much forced to pay a lot more, or tailor them

User avatar
Bob-O
Posts: 3265
Joined: Dec 17th, '10, 06:06
Favorite Wrestler: Marty Scurll
Location: Erie, Pa

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by Bob-O » Aug 10th, '19, 09:38

cero2k wrote:
Aug 8th, '19, 15:33
they were probably the same ones he bought when he was fat
When he still had some of that WWE money :(

Now he's stuck working out and praying Enzo doesn't do anything stupid long enough for them to get picked up...

You can't tell me Vince isn't drooling over that pic asking why they fired him in the first place... "Did he MURDER anyone!? What's a tour bus bathroom door cost anyway? That's nothin'. I remember one time we were on a plane and didn't even use the bathroom! We just pissed wherever! It was great! Sounds like he gets it... "
Image

Serujuunin
Posts: 2321
Joined: Dec 17th, '10, 19:56
Favorite Wrestler: Jeff Hardy
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Contact:

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by Serujuunin » Aug 10th, '19, 12:51

cero2k wrote:
Aug 8th, '19, 15:33
Bob-O wrote:
Aug 8th, '19, 13:31


Here I am, trying to think of a way to make fun of the fact his pants don't fit anymore. Then it occurs to me how expensive and hard to find jeans must be for a guy that's seven feet tall, and now I'm sad.

Because when you're working the Indy's... You. Can't. Afford. That.




Brokest guy in the room, how ya doin'?
they were probably the same ones he bought when he was fat and hasn't bought new ones, i mean, it hasn't been that long, that fat pic is from around WM weekend time

but it's actually true, i've heard from other 7+ ft tall men, there aren't a lot of well fitted pants out there, they don't make skinny/fitted/etc pants, they're all loose. You are pretty much forced to pay a lot more, or tailor them
Props to him for getting his ducks in a row though. I wasn't ever a fan but I hope he does well.

User avatar
Bob-O
Posts: 3265
Joined: Dec 17th, '10, 06:06
Favorite Wrestler: Marty Scurll
Location: Erie, Pa

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by Bob-O » Aug 13th, '19, 11:50

Enzo being Enzo, say what you will, there's no denying the man is an insanely good promo.



lol at fire.gif he copied off an old anglefire page, and the logo I think he made himself... but if he can get a little substance behind the words, like it or not, the man's going to be a commodity someplace.
Image

User avatar
Bob-O
Posts: 3265
Joined: Dec 17th, '10, 06:06
Favorite Wrestler: Marty Scurll
Location: Erie, Pa

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by Bob-O » Aug 14th, '19, 18:08



Meh. I'll be that guy.
Happy everyone's happy, the new theme is banger, but the whole getup is stupid. Protecting/limiting The Fiend is a good idea, but limiting the character to ONLY being The Fiend defeats the purpose of everything intriguing leading up to it. Hurt and Heal, The Fun House... what's the point of it all then? I assumed we'd be seeing more of a Balor/Demon balance where Bray was still creepy ol' Bray but The Fiend only came out when he decided it was time to "hurt" for a reason.

Maybe my imagination got the best of me, but I was super psyched for Kid-Friendly Creepy Bray to be 75% of the character being a pushover "nice guy" only for The Fiend to come out when he got taken advantage of. Abyss/Joseph Parks type stuff...

If all we're getting is random visits from The Fiend what's the point? We went from all this potential depth and motive to simply "WWE's Haunted". What a waste. I heard somebody refer to him as "Slipknot Doink" and I think that's pretty spot on.
Image

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 23675
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 14th, '19, 21:36

Bob-O wrote:
Aug 14th, '19, 18:08


Meh. I'll be that guy.
Happy everyone's happy, the new theme is banger, but the whole getup is stupid. Protecting/limiting The Fiend is a good idea, but limiting the character to ONLY being The Fiend defeats the purpose of everything intriguing leading up to it. Hurt and Heal, The Fun House... what's the point of it all then? I assumed we'd be seeing more of a Balor/Demon balance where Bray was still creepy ol' Bray but The Fiend only came out when he decided it was time to "hurt" for a reason.

Maybe my imagination got the best of me, but I was super psyched for Kid-Friendly Creepy Bray to be 75% of the character being a pushover "nice guy" only for The Fiend to come out when he got taken advantage of. Abyss/Joseph Parks type stuff...

If all we're getting is random visits from The Fiend what's the point? We went from all this potential depth and motive to simply "WWE's Haunted". What a waste. I heard somebody refer to him as "Slipknot Doink" and I think that's pretty spot on.
I told you all it would be no different than before and they had no deeper ideas for this but you all didn't listen to me.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 23675
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 15th, '19, 20:08

HOORAY FOR KAYFABE!








Also, this match should be awesome!
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 18685
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by cero2k » Aug 19th, '19, 08:47




User avatar
Thelone
Posts: 63
Joined: Jul 9th, '19, 16:22
Favorite Wrestler: MJF

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by Thelone » Aug 19th, '19, 10:48

cero2k wrote:
Aug 19th, '19, 08:47
That's... random. I think one of the main reasons for not having a women's division was the lack of time to properly feature it, and so far it's still an hour.

They already have three female wrestlers regularly featured on the show (SDR, Aria Blake and Kaci Lennox) so they could just put them in the ring, although I'm not sure about SDR since that would most likely kill her appeal in MLW.

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 23675
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 19th, '19, 11:35

It's the same problem as ROH. There isn't enough talent or time to so it well, but if you dont have one people look down on you as being sexist.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 18685
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by cero2k » Aug 19th, '19, 14:35




User avatar
Thelone
Posts: 63
Joined: Jul 9th, '19, 16:22
Favorite Wrestler: MJF

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by Thelone » Aug 19th, '19, 14:51

Big Red Machine wrote:
Aug 19th, '19, 11:35
It's the same problem as ROH. There isn't enough talent or time to so it well, but if you dont have one people look down on you as being sexist.
At least ROH was trying to ride the #womensrevolution™ wave and WOH probably would have ended the same way the fifty other failed attempts did, but the matches did (and still do) massive numbers on Youtube and they kept going. Of course it took them years to finally understand why those particular videos had millions of views while almost everything else could barely reach five figures, but it probably was too late to pull the plug by that point.

Going back to MLW, I get that it would be odd to be the only promotion on a national level without a women's division, but they just added the National title (the one Hammerstone has right now) two months ago and some storylines/feuds are hurt by a lack of TV time already, so adding another belt with a completely different dynamic isn't going to help, unless they have plans for a 90-minute show in the near future. Judging by who they have so far, I assume they'd bring more of SDR's friends/girls she's working with on custom matches/photoshoots (Amber Nova comes to mind) and maybe a name.

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 18685
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by cero2k » Aug 19th, '19, 15:20

Thelone wrote:
Aug 19th, '19, 14:51
Big Red Machine wrote:
Aug 19th, '19, 11:35
It's the same problem as ROH. There isn't enough talent or time to so it well, but if you dont have one people look down on you as being sexist.
At least ROH was trying to ride the #womensrevolution™ wave and WOH probably would have ended the same way the fifty other failed attempts did, but the matches did (and still do) massive numbers on Youtube and they kept going. Of course it took them years to finally understand why those particular videos had millions of views while almost everything else could barely reach five figures, but it probably was too late to pull the plug by that point.

Going back to MLW, I get that it would be odd to be the only promotion on a national level without a women's division, but they just added the National title (the one Hammerstone has right now) two months ago and some storylines/feuds are hurt by a lack of TV time already, so adding another belt with a completely different dynamic isn't going to help, unless they have plans for a 90-minute show in the near future. Judging by who they have so far, I assume they'd bring more of SDR's friends/girls she's working with on custom matches/photoshoots (Amber Nova comes to mind) and maybe a name.
ROH had enough talent and between now and them, they've had some good names come and go, but their execution has been terrible since day one. Nothing against Sakai, she has history with some top level Joshis, but she wasn't the right one to go with. They used Mayu to put over Klein, and they've allowed girls like Karen Q walk out. It was the right thing to create a women's division, but don't let your penis book what they brain should be booking.

I don't think they need to have a large roster and time to make it work. I wish they wouldn't call it 'women's division' just yet and rather do it like Lucha Underground, have some women here and there until you build enough to warrant a 'division'. I don't wanna say an all out inter-gender thing, but bring in someone first to counter Aria before you have a title to chase. SDR could definitely bring in girls like Nova or Vanilla, Contra Unit could have some badass trainee too. Konnan could bring in Diamante. Just have them all be NPCs and then one day intro a title and have a tournament with all the women we already know, whether they have wrestled or not.

and yes, 100% de la Renta should NEVER wrestle.

User avatar
Thelone
Posts: 63
Joined: Jul 9th, '19, 16:22
Favorite Wrestler: MJF

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by Thelone » Aug 19th, '19, 18:19

cero2k wrote:
Aug 19th, '19, 15:20
ROH had enough talent and between now and them, they've had some good names come and go, but their execution has been terrible since day one. Nothing against Sakai, she has history with some top level Joshis, but she wasn't the right one to go with. They used Mayu to put over Klein, and they've allowed girls like Karen Q walk out. It was the right thing to create a women's division, but don't let your penis book what they brain should be booking.
You can easily say that ROH did what ROH always does, which is waiting for an ice age to really commit to something/someone (took them FOUR YEARS between the moment they were talking about reviving the women's division to crowning the first champion), and going with people that won't leave instead of putting the belt on someone at least relevant in 2019. That's gender equality for you I guess.
I don't think they need to have a large roster and time to make it work. I wish they wouldn't call it 'women's division' just yet and rather do it like Lucha Underground, have some women here and there until you build enough to warrant a 'division'. I don't wanna say an all out inter-gender thing, but bring in someone first to counter Aria before you have a title to chase. SDR could definitely bring in girls like Nova or Vanilla, Contra Unit could have some badass trainee too. Konnan could bring in Diamante. Just have them all be NPCs and then one day intro a title and have a tournament with all the women we already know, whether they have wrestled or not.
That could work, they have quite a few factions so why not.
and yes, 100% de la Renta should NEVER wrestle.
That'd be impossible to take her seriously as the evil business woman after she'd come out to a bootleg version of Booty, being called the Booty Monster and do a bunch of ass attacks/stinkfaces.

User avatar
Bob-O
Posts: 3265
Joined: Dec 17th, '10, 06:06
Favorite Wrestler: Marty Scurll
Location: Erie, Pa

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by Bob-O » Aug 19th, '19, 19:31



Goddamn...

Fake, scripted, blah blah blah... THAT is a 300lb man getting his bell rung.
Image

Serujuunin
Posts: 2321
Joined: Dec 17th, '10, 19:56
Favorite Wrestler: Jeff Hardy
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Contact:

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by Serujuunin » Aug 21st, '19, 19:30

Bob-O wrote:
Aug 19th, '19, 19:31


Goddamn...

Fake, scripted, blah blah blah... THAT is a 300lb man getting his bell rung.
It's almost like Cesaro is a legit wrestler or something... lol

I don't know if I've seen Joe get rocked quite like that before.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests