Mick Foley Buries WWE

Tell it to the world!!
Big Red Machine

Mick Foley Buries WWE

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 25th, '15, 00:02

https://www.facebook.com/RealMickFoley/
Mick Foley wrote:GETTING CLOSE

I'm going to quote an article from July, 2014, called "The Sad Case Of Zack Ryder" in which I wrote: "Eventually, people get tired of finding out that the WWE Superstars they have supported with their cheers, their signs, their purchases, their follows, and their likes aren't real Superstars - and, little by little, those fans lose interest in WWE, find other interests, and become former WWE fans."
I am one of those people on the verge of becoming a former WWE fan. I'm tired of being told through Raw, Smackdown and PPV's that WWE superstars I have rooted for - from Ziggler to Cesaro to Kevin Owens aren't top stars - no matter how strongly crowd reaction seems to disagree. I'm tired of NXT stars getting their big "break" in WWE, just to be treated like jokes.
Six months ago, my son and I traveled 12 hours – from Eastern Tennessee to Orlando, Florida to watch Sasha Banks wrestle Becky Lynch at ‪#‎NXTTakeover‬.- One of the greatest women's matches of all time. Last night, in what I believe was their first singles match on ‪#‎RAW‬ Sasha and Becky were given four minutes. At a time when WWE desperately needs to make new stars – when they need to give wrestlers with talent the opportunity to break through – they gave Sasha and Becky four minutes. I turned the channel, and watched a pretty good football game instead. I think I can get used to watching football games on Monday night again.
I will be watching RAW this Monday. Maybe, as is often the case in relationships, they will give me just enough to remind me why I love wrestling - just enough to keep me coming back. Maybe they will even give Sasha and Becky a rematch – and a legitimate chance to show the world what they can do. .
There is an old saying in politics : as Ohio goes, so goes the nation. Think of me as the Ohio of wrestling fans. If I leave, it's not just one disgruntled former fan; finding something else to do on Monday nights. Instead, losing a long-time, die-hard fan like me might well be an indication of a larger exodus from WWE. I guess we'll see what tale the ratings tell.
I want to stay. I really do. So please WWE - next week on WWE Raw... Just give me a reason.
Let me know what YOU think. Oh yeah, ‪#‎SockTuesday‬ is one week away!
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Re: Mick Foley Buries WWE

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 25th, '15, 14:16

What a fuckass.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 25th, '15, 15:07

KILLdozer wrote:What a fuckass.
why?

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Nov 25th, '15, 16:35

I think Foley just brought this into a perspective the WWE higher-ups might actually understand! WWE s biggest problem is that they like to sweep up hot talent from around the world then put them on Raw and not have them do ANY of what got them there in the first place. The get to do just a little less than enough to fully get over, and if they get over on their own the company will just job that talent out to try to push someone they really wanna push...then they'll stop that push for whatever reason zand just fall back on having Cena, Reigns, and Orton. There's absolutely no reason for it now either; they've got Ambrose, Owens, Sheamus, Bray, Rusev, and Ziggler! Any and all of these guys should be big time right now but WWE refused to pull the trigger at the right time. They fed all the faces to the heels, then the strong heels to Cena! According to the booking of this past year, Cena, Taker, and Lesnar are the only true stars and everyone else is their bitch or the bitch of one of their bitches. It's terrible.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 26th, '15, 12:09

badnewzxl wrote:I think Foley just brought this into a perspective the WWE higher-ups might actually understand! .
that's the best thing to take from this, his complains are no different from the average fan, but at least in the case of Foley, like it or not, they're likely going to hear about it

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 30th, '15, 16:31

More from Mick's Facebook page:
FINAL RAW FOR FOLEY?

WWE is at a real crossroads. Allow me to paraphrase Albert Einstein, who said "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting different results". Wrestling historians can argue about when the ‪#‎AttitudeEra‬ in wrestling officially began. But for me, it will always be at a meeting called by Mr McMahon in the Spring of 1997, where he admitted that what had worked for them for so long in the past (I interpreted that to mean one-dimensional characters that tended to be job-related) was no longer working, and that if they were going to survive, the wrestlers themselves were going to have to step up, and help create those dimensions that would establish the emotional bond between the wrestlers and the fans - part of the lifeblood of professional wrestling.

Today's WWE Superstars (I'm including the women here, since the term "Diva" had its time, and that time is done) are at a distinct disadvantage in some ways. They can't flip birds, and use the colorful language. They can't bleed - even when the situation seems ripe for it. Man, Roman Reigns life would be so much easier if he could survive vicious assaults - and be left bloodied, but unbowed - the way guys in my era did. But all the blood, the language and the violence paled in comparison to the real secret weapon of the Attitude Era; FREEDOM! The freedom to CREATE..the freedom to TRY... the freedom to FAIL - the idea that going down swinging (I hope I'm not losing you guys in all the non-baseball playing countries) was almost as important as hitting the ball out of the park - as long as you took your best swings. There's a difference between playing to win, and playing not to lose: one breeds confidence, the other breeds fear.It's the difference between cutting the type of promos Stone Cold Steve Austin and Dwayne The Rock Johnson gave, and the cookie-cutter approach all too often employed these days by WWE creative. One style allowed for creativity and emotion. The other calls for memorization and recitation.

I hope I don't sound like I'm picking on WWE. There is a big part of me that loves this company, and always will. Why else would I be up at 4:15 am, writing things that are likely to banish me deeper and deeper into the WWE doghouse? One of my favorite wrestlers proposed a storyline that would allow me a four of five week storyline that would allow me to dig in deep, and swing for the fences - and in the process, maybe advance a few of the super-talented but underutilized athletes on the roster. I would love to do it....but I doubt it's going to happen. After all, I might want to do something crazy like go out there without a script, and try to create some real emotion - in other words, the type of thing that saved WWE in the late 90's.

The talent pool has never been deeper. But the creative flow is stagnant...and it's been stinking for a while. I quoted Einstein to begin this thing. Let me conclude with the immortal words of Owen Heart: "Enough's enough: it's time for a change!"

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 30th, '15, 17:10

this could be really really good. Especially with both men's love for Cesaro

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 1st, '15, 11:21

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 1st, '15, 15:26

I was pretty disappointed. I was really hoping they would go into specifics and actually talk about guys like Owens, Cesaro, Ambrose, Breeze, Ziggler, etc. All they really said here was a bunch of generic stuff you've heard from Austin in the past.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation