When Vince Goes, What Hunter Are We Getting?

Tell it to the world!!
cero2k
Site Admin

When Vince Goes, What Hunter Are We Getting?

Post by cero2k » Oct 16th, '15, 09:27

I wanted to write a little about this since it's something that is talked about a lot some places. There is this whole idea (99% likely to happen) that once Vince is gone, Triple H takes over WWE.

Coming from the success from NXT, people tend to see Hunter is a great successor for Vince's chair, to the point that if you google "I want Vince to die", i'll assure you, you will find some topics out there. Yes, people want Vince to die so Hunter can expedite the process of taking over RAW and the rest of the shows, because they think that suddenly, RAW will become as good as NXT.

So, regardless if Vince dies or steps down, and assuming that Hunter/Steph do inherit the company, my question here is this, What Hunter are we actually getting?

There are so many differences between NXT Hunter and WWE Hunter that actually makes me wonder.
On one hand, NXT Hunter is usually portrayed to be this awesome cool dude that listens to the fans, and jokes around at press conferences, and cries when baby Sasha has a good match, and signs guys like Prince Devitt, Kevin Owens, Samoa Joe, and likely Zack Saber Jr in the future, he "pays attention to the indies!". NXT Hunter is a smart booker that doesn't do stupid storylines, and has good matches, and made the women look stronger. NXT Hunter is the messiah of wrestling.

but we also have another hand, a main roster Hunter hand. A Hunter that along with Stephanie McMahon, never, and I mean never, put anyone over (He hasn't put anyone over since The Shield broke up, which we know was his pet project, and even then, it was Batista and Orton eating most of the pins). Hunter and Steph constantly belittle everyone in WWE, people like World champion Rollins, over people like The New Day, we all know that no diva can be higher than Mother Hen Steph, hell, they even have to act face with Lesnar in order to not be overshadowed, only John Cena gets to be bigger than them, and even there are times they don't back down. They usually get their 30 minute opening promo, and many other segments during the show, they get to miss shows when they know for a fact that ratings will be low. They get to be the face of all positive PR moves from WWE. I think we can make an argument how they only care about their own image and and not what's 'best for business'

A big comparison that I want to make here is look at all those things i said from Hunter/Steph and the look at Vince McMahon's on screen work. As crazy as Vince has been his life, as much as he loves his big guys and cookie cutter divas, no one can argue that Vince McMahon will do anything to put his roster over, just to list a few:
- Piss himself on TV
- Get showered with poop or beer
- Have his face shoved into Rikishi's ass or Big Show's ass
- Get beaten up in the hospital with a bed pan
- Take countless Stunners, rock bottoms, AAs, and F5s.
- Get the living shit beat out of him by the whole Hart Family.
- Worked shoots to his face by Heyman and Bischoff of all people

Can you see at this point Hunter or Steph doing anything like that for say, Dean Ambrose? or Rollins? hell, for Cena? NO! never! Ant they're the future of the company! as terrible as she is, even Dixie Carter loses the company every 8 months or so and got put through a table once. Sure, time will tell, maybe Triple H and Steph will eventually become backstage people and just focus on new disease awareness months or how to get Totino Mama's boy over

Totino's Mamas Boy, a whole other topic on why I think WWE is doomed if Steph takes control
watch Steph talking about it: http://boards.420chan.org/wooo/src/1444924861550.webm
the thing she's talking about: http://www.wwe.com/videos/totinos-show- ... t-26586562

Save Us Shane McMahon, you're our only hope

Big Red Machine

Re: When Vince Goes, What Hunter Are We Getting?

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 16th, '15, 10:15

One possibility for the discrepancy could be that on the main roster, Hunter simply gets out-voted by Vince and Steph.
Another is that Hunter knows that at the moment, the main roster is Vince's so he doesn't care as much about the success of the overall whole, while NXT is his and his alone, and so not only does he care more, but he knows that the better that NXT looks compared to the main roster, the better that he looks compared to Vince in the eyes of the fans.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3