Most Underutilized Talent in Wrestling Right Now?

Tell it to the world!!
Big Red Machine

Most Underutilized Talent in Wrestling Right Now?

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 4th, '15, 13:36

In my mind it has got to be Kenny King. Cesaro might be booked poorly but at least he gets to show his stuff in the ring every week. Kenny, on the other hand, has barely gotten any TV time since his jump to TNA. He could have been the next Austin Aries.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Most Underutilized Talent in Wrestling Right Now?

Post by cero2k » Sep 4th, '15, 14:21

consider that Kenny King was used during the BDC and then the whole Hernandez thing happened and so we hadn't seen him, same with the Wolves.

my vote goes for Kenny Omega, literally one of the most talented wrestlers in the world and is not present in many shows as he deserves and should be. Arguably Natalya is like that too...After them i'd go with guys like Curtis Axel or Sandow

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 4th, '15, 15:42

cero2k wrote:consider that Kenny King was used during the BDC and then the whole Hernandez thing happened and so we hadn't seen him, same with the Wolves.
It's more than just the Hernandez thing. He spent most of his time with TNA on the bench and whenever they try to do something with him like MVP & Pals or the BDC, they make him the job guy in the stable
cero2k wrote: my vote goes for Kenny Omega, literally one of the most talented wrestlers in the world and is not present in many shows as he deserves and should be. Arguably Natalya is like that too...After them i'd go with guys like Curtis Axel or Sandow
Omega apparently has some heat with some American promoters (at least Cary, and I think one or two others) because Omega thought he was worth more than they were willing to pay him. It's all worked out pretty well for Kenny, though, considering how big he is in Japan.

Good point bringing up Axel and Sandow, though. Sandow in particular I think is really great.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Sep 4th, '15, 16:27

Big Red Machine wrote:
cero2k wrote:consider that Kenny King was used during the BDC and then the whole Hernandez thing happened and so we hadn't seen him, same with the Wolves.
It's more than just the Hernandez thing. He spent most of his time with TNA on the bench and whenever they try to do something with him like MVP & Pals or the BDC, they make him the job guy in the stable
looking at those two stables, he was definitely going to be the jobber from the group, but he was still part of strong teams. And him jobbing is more of a problem with the X Division where TNA sees those guys as jobbers in the heavyweight division. Sanada and Manik were kinda jobbing for the Revolution. Steve was definitely the jobber for the Menagerie, etc. I actually think they made Kenny look somewhat decent when he was with MVP and Lashley, sure they used him to intro Melendez, but he was part of an important group and he wasn't like a henchmen or anything