The ROH vs WWE situation

Tell it to the world!!
cero2k
Site Admin

The ROH vs WWE situation

Post by cero2k » Jul 18th, '15, 14:27

So now Meltzer is kinda saying that this is an actual thing and that WWE is about to pull the rug out from under ROH's feet. Something about ROH won't see it coming. Add to this that NJPW just announced that they're going public and starting some kind of partnership with WWE.

Anyone know what exactly is going on ?

Is WWE still butthurt about the Steen action figure?

Big Red Machine

Re: The ROH vs WWE situation

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 18th, '15, 19:30

Dave says WWE wanted to turn NXT into the biggest indy before this all happened, but between the Steen action figure, ROH getting Destination America, and ROH getting good venues in Dallas, they are a bit more pissed than usual.

That being said... Regal tweeted out that everyone is reading WAY too much into this and all that happened was that he called in a favor from his good pal Liger.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 20th, '15, 09:32

maybe WWE has realized how valuable the ROH library is now with all their stars coming from ROH

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 20th, '15, 09:38

cero2k wrote:maybe WWE has realized how valuable the ROH library is now with all their stars coming from ROH
I don't think so. ROH has always been fine with WWE using their library in the past (in exchange for credit, of course), and WWE has never gone after someone just to buy up their library. That tends to be something WWE does when someone is already dead. The money it would take to fight ROH and then buy up their library would be a lot more than you would make by putting those matches on compilation/bio DVDs that you wouldn't even be making for another few years.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 20th, '15, 10:34

ROH is for clotpoles.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 20th, '15, 10:37

KILLdozer wrote:ROH is for clotpoles.
i had to google the definition of that

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 20th, '15, 10:42

From WrestleChat:
You may have noticed the many apron bumps at last night’s WWE Battleground pay-per-view, more than a dozen altogether. One of the most impressive apron bumps last night was the splash from Big E.

Dave Meltzer noted on the latest Wrestling Observer Radio that WWE officials are now having talents do more bumps on the apron, which is actually the hardest part of the ring. For what it’s worth, Meltzer noted that this new idea of doing more apron bumps is directly related to Ring of Honor.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 21st, '15, 16:49

So apparently there is an NXT show in San Antonio the same day as All-Star Extravaganza VII: Night 2, while ROH has a show booked in Atlanta the night before Survivor Series.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 21st, '15, 22:24

Should we also mention that it seems like WWE will copy ROH's title vs title storyline, quotes and all?

And apron moves

And Owens tapping to Cena of all people

#conspiracy

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 21st, '15, 23:22

cero2k wrote:Should we also mention that it seems like WWE will copy ROH's title vs title storyline, quotes and all?

And apron moves

And Owens tapping to Cena of all people

#conspiracy
What quotes did they copy?

Also, Owens tapping to Cena probably isn't an ROH thing. After all, Owens is one of theirs now. It's just standard operating procedure for Cena to win.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 22nd, '15, 08:21

More fuel for the conspiracy fire:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVA1yq0i9mw[/youtube]

Why suspend Drew? Because if WWE is buying Evolve, they can't use someone with a TNA contract.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 22nd, '15, 11:22

Big Red Machine wrote: What quotes did they copy?

Also, Owens tapping to Cena probably isn't an ROH thing. After all, Owens is one of theirs now. It's just standard operating procedure for Cena to win.
in the cena/rollins thing, they started to use the man builds the title, and the title built you thing

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 22nd, '15, 17:42

From the Observer:
We do know that New Japan wasn't happy that ROH hadn't used Takaaki Watanabe regularly until recently, let alone pushed him, and he's been living in New Jersey, hardly working when they had hoped he'd be a full-time ROH guy with something of a push, to get him ready for a return to Japan as somewhat who was successful in the U.S. Plus there were all the changes when it came to talent booked, unbooked and then rebooked and the May tour that kept changing and communication issues.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 22nd, '15, 17:44

I've been thinking about this and, at least as far as New Japan goes... so what? Does it really hurt ROH that much if they work with WWE. We all know that they'll never send WWE anyone they have any interest in protecting (which is all of the guys people actually want to see- including AJ). It's a bit douchy for New Japan to send Liger opposite ROH, but I don't he'll have much effect on New Japan's ticket sales, and as long as ROH can help people get tours with New Japan and as long as New Japan sends over the big names to ROH, I don't think it will hurt ROH at all.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 23rd, '15, 08:47

Big Red Machine wrote:I've been thinking about this and, at least as far as New Japan goes... so what? Does it really hurt ROH that much if they work with WWE. We all know that they'll never send WWE anyone they have any interest in protecting (which is all of the guys people actually want to see- including AJ). It's a bit douchy for New Japan to send Liger opposite ROH, but I don't he'll have much effect on New Japan's ticket sales, and as long as ROH can help people get tours with New Japan and as long as New Japan sends over the big names to ROH, I don't think it will hurt ROH at all.
I honestly don't think it hurts them unless they start sending Nakamura and Okada to NXT, if they do i'll lose 98% of respect of NJPW. At the end of the game i don't think ROH would suffer a lot if they break relations with NJPW, doing so would potentially open relations with AAA and back with Dragon Gate (who are killing it right now), from the ROH perspective, NJPW is huge and a big name, but replaceable if necessary.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 23rd, '15, 10:21

this shit is going to far. from the WON

"There are other moves being made by WWE when it comes to ROH that are likely to become evident going forward. WWE has contacted at least one ROH arena with the idea of running shows provided they no longer book ROH. It's not a killer to ROH, but certainly is an annoyance if the deal goes through. While WWE got word out that they aren't going to sign new talent from ROH, that has already changed as far as current top talent is concerned. There are some ROH wrestlers who are not under contract, most notable being Roderick Strong, and a lot of the top ROH talent has contracts that will expire in January."

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 23rd, '15, 12:26

cero2k wrote:this shit is going to far. from the WON

"There are other moves being made by WWE when it comes to ROH that are likely to become evident going forward. WWE has contacted at least one ROH arena with the idea of running shows provided they no longer book ROH. It's not a killer to ROH, but certainly is an annoyance if the deal goes through. While WWE got word out that they aren't going to sign new talent from ROH, that has already changed as far as current top talent is concerned. There are some ROH wrestlers who are not under contract, most notable being Roderick Strong, and a lot of the top ROH talent has contracts that will expire in January."
Is it bullsh*t? Yes. But like Dave says, it's not backbreaking. There are tons of venues in every city that can host a good ROH sized crowd (700-2000)

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 23rd, '15, 15:21

Big Red Machine wrote: Is it bullsh*t? Yes. But like Dave says, it's not backbreaking. There are tons of venues in every city that can host a good ROH sized crowd (700-2000)
I think it depends on which venue they're blocking, some of the venues are kinda memorable for ROH, but if they blocked Terminal 5, i'm all for it

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 23rd, '15, 15:47

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote: Is it bullsh*t? Yes. But like Dave says, it's not backbreaking. There are tons of venues in every city that can host a good ROH sized crowd (700-2000)
I think it depends on which venue they're blocking, some of the venues are kinda memorable for ROH, but if they blocked Terminal 5, i'm all for it
But NXT is too big for most of ROH's venues anyway. I can see them maybe wanting to run the old Maple Leaf Gardens because of the history there, but even that is small for NXT.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 3rd, '15, 18:15

From WON/F4W:
This is an interesting one. The Brooklyn Cyclones will be holding WWE Night on 8/19, just three days before they host the ROH show, with Ryback, Fandango, Eva Marie and Charlotte appearing in a celebrity softball game and signing autographs. Also in the game will be John Franco, Chris Mullin and the hosts of Good Day New York.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation