The Everlasting Perspective: EWA Night of Champions

Tell it to the world!!
Chris Everlast

The Everlasting Perspective: EWA Night of Champions

Post by Chris Everlast » Feb 14th, '11, 19:19

--------------------EWA Night of Champions------------------

Hello, guys, long time no see! (I know, you guys see me everywhere, but whatever). Okay, I was WAY to lazy to review the other shows, I think I'll have to spread it out about. Right now, I'mma review the latest EWA show, with NO spoilers, to about 90%, all thanks to Aggro and EC. Nice work, guys!

Yeah, like always, I expect some mature criticism, I'm not really used to the whole reviewing thing. I'll just make a short list on what is definitely getting reviewed:

WAC/WWR Path To Glory (Upcoming WAC PPV)
WAC/WWR Meltdown (Latest WWR/WAC PPV)

And the supershow was cancelled so I won't review that, unfortunately.

I know, you EWA guys are pissed off at me because I'm such a jerk to not review your other stuff, but I'm really lazy! I promise i'll try to review them all, but I really wanna review this one!

EWA: Night of Champions

SEBASTIEN MARBURG VS SCOTTIE ADAMS - Singles > Now this was a good opener. Didn't really have any slow parts and it made some cool twists with the Marburg character. 6/10

PROMO BY THE PUNKS - > Jesus Christ. What the hell? There's no words to describe this! Johnny Rage? Travis Vans? KAT KLASH? WHAT?! Who passed this idea?! Not only is it 30 years late, but it totally ruins any image the Atomic Punks already had established! 3/10

JORDAN DELUX STATEMENT - > Kay, so this Jordan Delux guys comes up and says true facts and the crowd boos him for some reason. Uh, that makes really no sense to me, as 10 shows ago EWA had an attendance of 300 people. Yeah, noone SHOULD know that much of EWA. Later Delux turns into more of a peacock. Feels kinda irrelevant because we've never even heard of Jordan Delux either, and all of a sudden we have a ''FORMER WORLD CHAMPION'' here. I wish his debut could've been more built up. 5/10

ROSE/METAL VS WOODBRIDGE/LOGAN - Tag Team > Not a full match, wish it was because I love tagteam wrestling. *purr*

WYLER MOTHIS INTERVIEW - > Way too much non-wrestling stuff at this show at the moment. 6/10

HAZARD VS GEORGE ADDAMS - Singles > Took your sweet time to bring out a full match. Now this match was good, it dragged on abit in the middle close to the end, but it made both men look reasonably good. 6/10

JACK SQUAT VS TANAKASHI SHUPIRO - Singles > Another short, 'summed up' match. It's kinda dissappointing if anything as I love Tanakashi and Squat is totally fine too.

POST MATCH ARGUEMENT - > We're getting women's wrestling now? I think Kirbs just hit a somersault in his chair! Decent segment, 5/10

PHREAK INTERVIEW - > Another interview. Gee. Fine interview, and Phreak's really got a big mouth. He won with a rollup last show, is that really such a 'Face' thing to boast about?

POWER AND PAIN VS KEV CARNAGE/SHAWN STEVENS - > Okay, to be fully honest this show kinda lost my interest somewhere between the post match arguement and Phreak's interview. So, I really couldn't pay much attention to the match and it floats to the back of my brain together with German grammar and other irrelevant things. 4/10

TIEN TRIOPIQUER VS EL DEMONICO - Streak vs Mask > Okay, I'll just keep my fingers crossed that this'll be some what good, but you guys know my feelings about Tien. This match was like putting a cat in the same cage as a dog. You're pleasantly surprised when the cat has the advantage the first few minutes but then the dog just gets lucky and kills your cat. 5/10 And apparently El Demonico isn't Mexican either. They've pulled a Generico on us, guys!

JIMMY CARNIVAL VS WYLER MOTHIS VS PHREAK VS JOHN HALL - > Right, another summed up match. I really hope the main event is worth it. To be honest, I'd have someone else win it out of these four.

ROYALL APPOINTMENTS INTERVIEW - > Was abit eh. Why is Jenkins saying ''My boys'' all the time? It just feels out of place.

UNKNOWN VS JOEL CARTER - EWA World Championship > Right, this match was kinda meh in my eyes. I don't know, but slap Joel Carter on anything and I'm probably not liking it. The match in a whole just made me lose all my attention to the whole show after the rest of the could-be good matches, but neither just fills up the criterias, especially with all these interviews and 'summed up'-matches. 4/10. Decent, nothing more, nothing less.

70'S PUNK REVIVAL BAND ATOMIC PUNKS VS ROYAL APPOINTMENTS - EWA Tag Team Championship > Was an okay match, doesn't save the rest of the show, unfortunately. What's the meaning of the new Atomic Punks look? It just feels way out of the blue. I could barely pay attention to the match because I was groaning everytime I saw their new names. 5/10 for a nice try.

THE VERDICT:
I'm sorry, guys, but this show just.. well, it didn't live up to the hype. First it felt like too little WRITTEN wrestling matches and too much interview stuff that felt irrelevant anyway. It gets an overall 5/10, sorry!
Last edited by Chris Everlast on Feb 15th, '11, 05:19, edited 1 time in total.

KILLdozer

Re: The Everlasting Perspective: EWA Night of Champions

Post by KILLdozer » Feb 14th, '11, 20:59

Chris Everlast wrote:Image

--------------------EWA Night of Champions------------------

BCW Rebellion (Upcoming BCW PPV)
dont review your own work it makes no sense and theres no point of that you know what you and the rest of the writers are trying to put over
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Chris Everlast

Post by Chris Everlast » Feb 15th, '11, 04:19

Suppose so.

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Feb 15th, '11, 11:17

You didn't like Unknown vs. Carter? I considered that my best work... :-s
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 15th, '11, 14:07

yourcrapsweak wrote:You didn't like Unknown vs. Carter? I considered that my best work... :-s
I considered that his best work, too. It is probably one of our top five matches.

As for Phreak bragging about winning via roll-up: Why not? It is a clean win. Nothing wrong with being proud of a clean win.

As for the Delux thing- It might be true, but he is still insulting their promotion. If you were a WWE fan, and someone got in a ring and cut a promo saying that he is one of the only people in the company who can actually wrestle, and that most of the ROH lockerroom are better wrestlers than WWE's main evneters, wouldn't you be pissed off, too? It isn't untrue, but it does denigrate everything that the WWE wrestlers work hard to accomplish.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 15th, '11, 14:41

The Atomic Punks' name change was a choice made by EC because she didn't want people to have to look at one of her characters and see someone (especially a babyface) named "Cowboy."

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Chris Everlast

Post by Chris Everlast » Feb 15th, '11, 14:50

Big Red Machine wrote:
yourcrapsweak wrote:You didn't like Unknown vs. Carter? I considered that my best work... :-s
I considered that his best work, too. It is probably one of our top five matches.

As for Phreak bragging about winning via roll-up: Why not? It is a clean win. Nothing wrong with being proud of a clean win.

As for the Delux thing- It might be true, but he is still insulting their promotion. If you were a WWE fan, and someone got in a ring and cut a promo saying that he is one of the only people in the company who can actually wrestle, and that most of the ROH lockerroom are better wrestlers than WWE's main evneters, wouldn't you be pissed off, too? It isn't untrue, but it does denigrate everything that the WWE wrestlers work hard to accomplish.
1. Yes, I might've been more into it if I hadn't lost my interest so early in the show. It's that you seem to have too much 'summed up' matches, it just kinda kills it. For me, atleast.

2. Well, yeah, but it seems kinda heelish to do for Phreak.

3. Makes sense, sure, but since EWA is more or less an 'indie' promotion, unless I've misinterpreted the whole thing, it kinda makes sense. I sat through his first paragraph like '''Mhm, true, true..''. I didn't get any hatefeelings torwards him and felt insulted, because the whole thing just seemed too nice until Squat came out.
Big Red Machine wrote:The Atomic Punks' name change was a choice made by EC because she didn't want people to have to look at one of her characters and see someone (especially a babyface) named "Cowboy."
4. I loved those names anyway. Felt unique. Changing their names would be okay, atleast for Cowboy, but the whole image? As soon as I read Sex Pistols I just groaned and frowned the whole show as I thought about it.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 15th, '11, 15:13

Chris Everlast wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:

1. Yes, I might've been more into it if I hadn't lost my interest so early in the show. It's that you seem to have too much 'summed up' matches, it just kinda kills it. For me, atleast.

2. Well, yeah, but it seems kinda heelish to do for Phreak.

3. Makes sense, sure, but since EWA is more or less an 'indie' promotion, unless I've misinterpreted the whole thing, it kinda makes sense. I sat through his first paragraph like '''Mhm, true, true..''. I didn't get any hatefeelings torwards him and felt insulted, because the whole thing just seemed too nice until Squat came out.
Big Red Machine wrote:The Atomic Punks' name change was a choice made by EC because she didn't want people to have to look at one of her characters and see someone (especially a babyface) named "Cowboy."
4. I loved those names anyway. Felt unique. Changing their names would be okay, atleast for Cowboy, but the whole image? As soon as I read Sex Pistols I just groaned and frowned the whole show as I thought about it.
1. Others didn't like having to read every single match the whole way through, and quite frankly, it is easier to write shows this way. Also, this gives the written out stuff a more important feel.

2. Why? Babyfaces can't be proud of winning?

3. That is exactly what the EWA is supposed to be. They are your early-on ROH or CZW or JAPW. They have started from nothing and our growing and expanding all on their own. From 300 people at the first show to 1000 at the eleventh. They can now safely run four different venues , rather than just their home arena. They are putting on great matches and growing their fanbase... and then this big shot comes in and says "that's great and all, but you'll never succeed without me because I am a big star." It might be true, but since Delux is now here, we'll never know how they would have faired without him, and no one is naive enough to think that his presence won't help boost exposure and attendance... but his attitude is downright snobby and arrogant.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Chris Everlast

Post by Chris Everlast » Feb 15th, '11, 16:44

1. Well, still, the summed up matches usually make you (me, atleast) think ''Ah, I really wanted to read that match.'' leaving you (me, again atleast) quite bummed out.

2. A face going ''I'm faster then you, I ducked your kick and rolled you up!'' is just very unface-ish, imo.

3. Well, I didn't consider him a snob until Squat came out, in which he totally flipped his cards around. I wouldn't see any problems in him being boo'd after confronted by Squat, but before seemed kindof.. yeah.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 15th, '11, 16:47

Chris Everlast wrote:1. Well, still, the summed up matches usually make you (me, atleast) think ''Ah, I really wanted to read that match.'' leaving you (me, again atleast) quite bummed out.

2. A face going ''I'm faster then you, I ducked your kick and rolled you up!'' is just very unface-ish, imo.

3. Well, I didn't consider him a snob until Squat came out, in which he totally flipped his cards around. I wouldn't see any problems in him being boo'd after confronted by Squat, but before seemed kindof.. yeah.
2. I disagree.

3. But if he doesn't say things to poop on the promotions (and thus piss off the fans, causing them to boo him), Squat has no reason to come out.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Chris Everlast

Post by Chris Everlast » Feb 15th, '11, 17:43

2. Well, it's all a matter of opinion.

3. Well, he seemed quite constructive with his crticism until Squat came out.

Lynas
Future Endeavored

Post by Lynas » Feb 15th, '11, 17:53

Wow man, you've been pretty harsh on what is a good show, with good matches & good story telling. As for the Carter/Unknown match, Brian asked me to read it a couple of hours ago, that shit is at least a 9 out of 10. and that's with me being at my most critical as I was looking for the faults you seemed to knock it down for.

I don't get how you can hate on a match just because of Carter's character. If you go back and read that match and replace every "Joel Carter" with "The Rock" & every "Unknown" with "Stone Cold Steve Austin" I bet a month's wages you wouldn't be so critical. It's not fair to mark a match down just because of how you feel about a character.

In my opinion, I think your review is inaccurate, unfair, over critical & pretty nitpicky.

Chris Everlast

Post by Chris Everlast » Feb 15th, '11, 18:12

Lynas wrote:Wow man, you've been pretty harsh on what is a good show, with good matches & good story telling. As for the Carter/Unknown match, Brian asked me to read it a couple of hours ago, that s**t is at least a 9 out of 10. and that's with me being at my most critical as I was looking for the faults you seemed to knock it down for.

I don't get how you can hate on a match just because of Carter's character. If you go back and read that match and replace every "Joel Carter" with "The Rock" & every "Unknown" with "Stone Cold Steve Austin" I bet a month's wages you wouldn't be so critical. It's not fair to mark a match down just because of how you feel about a character.

In my opinion, I think your review is inaccurate, unfair, over critical & pretty nitpicky.
It's a review from my perspective, not anyone elses. If you think it's a good show, good thing for you, dude. But I didn't find it that appeasing torwards the end. Also, to your second paragraph I don't really like The Rock and Steve Austin that much, sorry, dude. :D

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Feb 15th, '11, 18:30

Lynas wrote:Wow man, you've been pretty harsh on what is a good show, with good matches & good story telling. As for the Carter/Unknown match, Brian asked me to read it a couple of hours ago, that s**t is at least a 9 out of 10. and that's with me being at my most critical as I was looking for the faults you seemed to knock it down for.

THAAAAAAAAAAANK YOUUUUUUUU!

Haha, but really, I appreciate that a lot :)
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

Earth Child

Post by Earth Child » Feb 16th, '11, 03:43

Don't you dare diss the Sex Pistols!!!

Your parents were probs listening to them when they disgraced the earth with you!

Chris Everlast

Post by Chris Everlast » Feb 16th, '11, 05:21

Earth Child wrote:Don't you dare diss the Sex Pistols!!!

Your parents were probs listening to them when they disgraced the earth with you!
That's actually kinda mean to say, EC. :(

Earth Child

Post by Earth Child » Feb 16th, '11, 18:43

I'm sorry, it was out of line. I shouldn't have said that. Please forgive it.

:YMPEACE: :ymhug: