The Funny Wrestling Topic

Tell it to the world!!
Big Red Machine

Re: The Funny Wrestling Topic

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 11th, '22, 13:32

cero2k wrote: Apr 11th, '22, 12:08
Big Red Machine wrote: Apr 11th, '22, 10:45 There are independent firms that di both the research and analysis. The fact that Khan owns the firm that did the research makes it by definition bot independent, and Tony should absolutely know that this is something that needed to be disclosed.
So either Tony is lying or Bryan got it wrong. Either is possible. We'll see if Bryan stands by his reporting.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 14th, '22, 09:48

Big Red Machine wrote: Apr 11th, '22, 13:32
So either Tony is lying or Bryan got it wrong. Either is possible. We'll see if Bryan stands by his reporting.
I haven't heard Bryan bring it up again, so maybe he was wrong. The one thing that Bryan keeps saying is that there's an actual story here, but we haven't seen it fully develop.

Overall i believe Khan, it's a pretty normal tactic now a days, but I agree with Lance, Khan could had been smarter about the way he said it on twitter, he came off as a nutjob about to join ECIII's promotion. Bryan did bring up that Khan has been experimenting by taking advantage of the bots to promote Rampage, he will make comments and then add a quick plug to piggyback on the bots creating buzz, making Rampage trend more often.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 14th, '22, 10:58

cero2k wrote: Apr 14th, '22, 09:48
Big Red Machine wrote: Apr 11th, '22, 13:32
I haven't heard Bryan bring it up again, so maybe he was wrong. The one thing that Bryan keeps saying is that there's an actual story here, but we haven't seen it fully develop.

In that case, my hope is that there is an actual story here. If it were Wade or Dave or someone with an actual journalism degree, I'd be more confident.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Thelone

Post by Thelone » Apr 14th, '22, 12:46

cero2k wrote: Apr 11th, '22, 10:22if you hire a company to analyze what the negative opinions of your company are in order to address them, you obviously have to use your own data, if you can even consider social media as your 'own data'. It's called market research, every company does it. You're reaching flat earther levels against Khan
How so? Because I think you should take this """independant""" """study""" with a truckload of salt? Khan doesn't seem too eager to expose THE TRUTH anyway, so it's either complete bullshit or doesn't prove anything. We'll see if he even makes this GAME-CHANGING STUDY public.

If we're talking about the dirtsheets being in Khan's pocket, all of them have turned into fed badders who'll shower the Dub with praises no matter what and use every excuse in the book whenever something's wrong. They're not even subtle about it, which would be the least they could do since they're allegedly journalists.
cero2k wrote: Apr 14th, '22, 09:48I haven't heard Bryan bring it up again, so maybe he was wrong. The one thing that Bryan keeps saying is that there's an actual story here, but we haven't seen it fully develop.

Overall i believe Khan, it's a pretty normal tactic now a days, but I agree with Lance, Khan could had been smarter about the way he said it on twitter, he came off as a nutjob about to join ECIII's promotion. Bryan did bring up that Khan has been experimenting by taking advantage of the bots to promote Rampage, he will make comments and then add a quick plug to piggyback on the bots creating buzz, making Rampage trend more often.
I think it's been clear since the second or third week that he's doing those stupid tweets to hype his shows, but it doesn't change the fact that he comes off like a buffoon almost every time. If he's doing that supposedly "because he broke the bot code" or whatever, this is reminding me of those declining Youtubers who start bitching about "the algorithm" and make an hour long video about how "they figured it out now". More often than not, this is the first step towards quitting (or moving "full-time" to Twitch for gamers) because the issue isn't the big bad algorithm as much as your content is too niche to attract new viewers and/or newer people are doing it better/more entertaining and/or you're just not as good as you used to even if you think otherwise. If Khan is reduced to tweeting dumb shit and hyping HUGE ANNOUNCEMENTS evey five seconds to make dubbalos watch his shows, maybe he should look deeper and find out what the real issues are.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 14th, '22, 15:59

Thelone wrote: Apr 14th, '22, 12:46
If we're talking about the dirtsheets being in Khan's pocket, all of them have turned into fed badders who'll shower the Dub with praises no matter what and use every excuse in the book whenever something's wrong. They're not even subtle about it, which would be the least they could do since they're allegedly journalists.
READ THE TORCH.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Thelone

Post by Thelone » Apr 15th, '22, 13:23

Big Red Machine wrote: Apr 14th, '22, 15:59READ THE TORCH.
Alright Torch shill, but that's a pretty sus behavior more akin of a russian bot. Just don't ask me how I know that though.

In all seriousness, of course there are still some wrestling journalists/reviewers/podcasters who seem to call it in the middle, but it says something when VINCE RUSSO of all people sounds reasonable with his takes nowadays. I get that most people in the IWC are anti-WWE and I guess fed bad/dub good is easy clicks, but goddamn it's everywhere with the dumb takes and crazy mental gymnastics and 30-page theses about some minute thing no one gives a shit about.

And like clockwork, Tiny is at it again on Twitter, acting like a petulant child and arguing with egg accounts.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 15th, '22, 14:44

Not one word in the Observer about Tony's claim.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Thelone

Post by Thelone » Apr 17th, '22, 19:24

Something a little more light-hearted for a change :

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 2nd, '22, 13:46

Just getting around to listening to last week's Fix. Todd Martin described the segment with Ricochet and Aliyah as "even by WWE standards, that was a particularly hopeless facsimile of human interaction." I was rolling.

The line that broke me was "what is next?"

Jinder was the only person in that segment who I wouldn't be surprised to learn wasn't a robot.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Thelone

Post by Thelone » May 2nd, '22, 15:48

"I'm just asking a totally normal question out of curiosity and not for my data, HUMAN!!!", or however that Jontron bit went. Also I thought it was Kayla at first looking at the thumbnail.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 2nd, '22, 15:52

Big Red Machine wrote: May 2nd, '22, 13:46 Just getting around to listening to last week's Fix. Todd Martin described the segment with Ricochet and Aliyah as "even by WWE standards, that was a particularly hopeless facsimile of human interaction." I was rolling.

Jinder was the only person in that segment who I wouldn't be surprised to learn wasn't a robot.
Maybe i should stop skipping the smackdown recaps

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 2nd, '22, 16:27

cero2k wrote: May 2nd, '22, 15:52
Big Red Machine wrote: May 2nd, '22, 13:46 Just getting around to listening to last week's Fix. Todd Martin described the segment with Ricochet and Aliyah as "even by WWE standards, that was a particularly hopeless facsimile of human interaction." I was rolling.

Maybe i should stop skipping the smackdown recaps
Todd is best when he's making fun of something.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 9th, '22, 19:04

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 9th, '22, 19:33

cero2k wrote: May 9th, '22, 19:04
Didn't we know they do this sort of thing alreday?

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Thelone

Post by Thelone » May 10th, '22, 04:48

Well yeah, but let me tell you anyway about how it's exactly like Stalin editing out people from pictures.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 23rd, '22, 20:56

A lone note from the Observer that I got a kick out of:
Meltzer in this week's Observer wrote:Paige VanZant has disappeared but is scheduled to return
She has "disappeared." Not "she isn't being used right now because she's off doing something else." She has just vanished.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 13th, '22, 07:36

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Gram

This might be one of the most hilarious cases of "writing your own Wikipedia page" I have ever seen.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 8th, '22, 18:52

cero2k