Tony Khan: 'We'll have great news soon' about weekly ROH shows

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Tony Khan: 'We'll have great news soon' about weekly ROH shows

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 18th, '22, 17:56

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/aew/tony ... -roh-shows

ROH plans to have one more PPV in 2022 and then launch a weekly show in 2023.

Joseph Currier
6 hours ago

A new weekly Ring of Honor television series looks close to becoming a reality.

In an interview with Sports Illustrated that was published on Tuesday, AEW and ROH owner Tony Khan stated that there will soon be "great news" about weekly ROH shows.

Khan said there will be one more ROH pay-per-view before the end of the year, and ROH plans to follow that up with a weekly show in 2023.

“We’ll have great news soon about Ring of Honor weekly shows,” Khan said. “The success of Death Before Dishonor on pay-per-view has ensured there will be more Ring of Honor pay-per-views.

“Our goal is to have one more great pay-per-view for Ring of Honor in 2022 and then follow that up with a weekly show in 2023.”

ROH's annual Final Battle event, which traditionally takes place in December, is likely to be the promotion's last PPV of 2022.

Khan purchased ROH from Sinclair Broadcast Group this March. There have been two ROH PPVs held since Khan bought the promotion.

It was announced on Tuesday that Chris Jericho, the current ROH World Champion, has signed a three-year contract extension with AEW. Khan told Sports Illustrated that he thinks this has been one of the greatest years of Jericho's career.

“I’m a huge fan of Chris Jericho. I’ve followed his career for over 27 years, and I believe he’s putting forth one of the greatest years of his career this year,” Khan said. “He is one of the biggest stars in pro wrestling, and he is incredibly valuable for AEW.”
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3