Matt Hardy Gives His Thoughts On The Acclaimed Winning AEW Tag Team Championship

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
XIV

Matt Hardy Gives His Thoughts On The Acclaimed Winning AEW Tag Team Championship

Post by XIV » Oct 6th, '22, 06:58

During the latest episode of The Extreme Life of Matt Hardy, the topic of The Acclaimed winning the AEW World Tag Team Championships came up, which Matt Hardy gave his thoughts on.

“I thought it was great. I thought it was a great time for The Acclaimed to win. And I have to — I mean, I’ll say first and foremost. Me, I’m all big about acknowledging hard work, and especially when someone busted their ass right from the jump, and you see someone get over organically. Because that’s what myself and my brother had to do. You know, we kind of were behind the eight ball, we’d been job guys. And all the vets on the local Carolina scene — one guy particularly would go, ‘Hey, you guys gotta stop [jobbing].”

On The Acclaimed getting over as a team:

“Tony put them together as a tag team to see if they would work. So they were kind of like, you know, not a tag team before, and then they started working together and they were really in unison. And I loved Max Caster’s raps. I’m a big fan of his creative rap style, I’m a big rap fan in general. I love to freestyle. Hell, I almost got like a gimmick like that, because of myself and John Cena rapping on the bus on European tours doing freestyle.

“But you know, Max Caster doing that deal, and Anthony Bowens is such a unique, inspiring story as well. Him coming out and revealing his sexuality and really leaning into it. Like being someone who’s a role model for young men like him. I’ve dug all that. So once they got over and they hit so big organically, it makes me proud. Because you can tell they put in the effort and they bust their ass, and they’re very passionate about what they do. So I will always, always, acknowledge hard work, and those guys worked hard to get to the spot they’re in.”

Source: 411mania.com
Have A Nice Day!

XIV

Re: Matt Hardy Gives His Thoughts On The Acclaimed Winning AEW Tag Team Championship

Post by XIV » Oct 6th, '22, 07:10

The Acclaimed have become must watch TV, from the entrance, to the rap/promo to the matches, they're gold right now. Everything is so high energy, it consistently delivers and its good watching.
I have to say, AEW does have some "unmissable" elements right now and The Acclaimed have placed themselves right in the middle of that.

AEW's unmissable TV for me includes...

- Anything The Acclaimed does.
- Anything MJF does.
- The rare appearances of FTR (seriously Tony, fucking book FTR.)
- Bryan Danielson matches. (except for the you hit me, I'll hit you spot. Yawn)
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Re: Matt Hardy Gives His Thoughts On The Acclaimed Winning AEW Tag Team Championship

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 7th, '22, 02:05

So you're into this "scissor me, Daddy Ass" crap?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

XIV

Post by XIV » Oct 7th, '22, 04:19

Big Red Machine wrote: Oct 7th, '22, 02:05 So you're into this "scissor me, Daddy Ass" crap?
I mean, THAT, I can give a hard pass to. Billy Gunn adds nothing to this team and should have stayed managing his sons as heels.

But the rest is fuckin’ great.
Have A Nice Day!