Altercation between CM Punk, Young Bucks took place after Punk AEW All Out media scrum

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Altercation between CM Punk, Young Bucks took place after Punk AEW All Out media scrum

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 5th, '22, 13:42

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/aew/alte ... m-comments

Bryan Rose
10 hours ago

An altercation that was described as “a melee” broke out between The Young Bucks and CM Punk following Punk’s comments at the AEW All Out media scrum on Monday morning.

On Wrestling Observer Radio, Bryan Alvarez reported multiple sources saying there was “an altercation” between the two parties after Punk gave comments during the media scrum. A security guard was seen running out of the scrum shortly after Punk left. Tony Khan was not informed of the situation until after the scrum wrapped up, and as of 1:41 am central time Monday, everyone was still in the building. Dave Meltzer described the situation as “a melee”.

Punk sounded off during Monday’s scrum, dismissing speculation regarding himself and Colt Cabana, who was moved to the Ring of Honor roster following Khan’s purchase of the company earlier this year. He eventually made negative remarks regarding Hangman Page for his promo prior to their match at Double or Nothing earlier this year, and accused “EVPs” of “spreading lies and bullsh*t” to the media.

Now, it’s 2022. I haven’t been friends with this guy since at least 2014, late 2013. The fact that I have to sit up here because we have irresponsible people who call themselves EVPs and couldn’t f*cking manage a Target and they spread lies and bullsh*t and put into the media that I got somebody fired when I have f*ck all to do with him, want nothing to do with him, do not care where he works, where he doesn’t work, where he eats, where he sleeps. And the fact that I have to get up here and do this in 2022 is f*cking embarrassing. And if y’all are at fault, f*ck you. If you’re not, I apologize.

What did I ever do in this world to deserve an empty-headed f*cking dumb f*ck like Hangman Adam Page to go out on national television and f*cking go into business for himself? For what? What did I do? What did I ever do? Didn’t do a goddamn thing.

It’s not [Tony Khan's] position to make it very f*cking clear [that Punk didn't have anything to do with Cabana being moved to ROH]. There’s people who call themselves EVPs that should have f*cking known better. This sh*t was none of their business. I understand sticking up for your f*cking friends, I f*cking get it, I stuck up for that guy [Cabana] more than anybody. Okay? I paid his bills until I didn’t and it was my decision not to.

Punk regained the AEW World Championship on Sunday, defeating Jon Moxley to win the title for a second time. The Young Bucks, with Kenny Omega, became the first AEW World Trios Champions at All Out, defeating Hangman Page & The Dark Order (Alex Reynolds and John Silver) in the tournament final.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Re: Altercation between CM Punk, Young Bucks took place after Punk AEW All Out media scrum

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 5th, '22, 16:20

Here's an update:
https://www.f4wonline.com/news/aew/cm-p ... ew-all-out

Punk seems to have started i. Ace Steel was also involved.

I love how the WON site reports it as fact in their headline, and then still calls it an "alleged" incident in their sub-headline.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Re: Altercation between CM Punk, Young Bucks took place after Punk AEW All Out media scrum

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 5th, '22, 16:42

Here is what the Torch has (with Wade plugging more info, speculation and analysis for VIP members. I haven't listened to it yet, but will later tonight):

https://www.pwtorch.com/site/2022/09/05 ... ply/[quote]

After C.M. Punk’s harsh comments about the Young Bucks and Hangman Page during last night’s media Q&A following AEW All Out, the Bucks confronted Punk backstage. Multiple sources indicate a fight broke out and punches were thrown involving a number of people including Ace Steele. Today, the mood among those familiar with the likely fallout from that incident is grim in the sense that there might be no patching things up or even coexisting after last night.

Punk lashed out at the start of the media Q&A, while sitting next to Tony Khan, over Hangman Page accusing him of messing with Colt Cabana’s AEW roster spot and being instrumental in him being sent to ROH exclusively. Punk vented about his history of legal issues with Cabana before shifting his ire toward Hangman and the Bucks.

He accused Hangman of jeopardizing the big business they could do together by making unauthorized accusations against him, “the top babyface in the company.” He alleged Hangman and the Bucks were sources of leaks to wrestling media at his expense. He described them as openly resistant to receiving advice and compared them rebuffing his advice to wrestlers of a prior generation turning down advice from Terry Funk. He called them “empty-headed idiots” and said they (the Bucks) are “stupid guys” who think they’re in Receda, Calif. (their home town).

After Punk left the media scrum, he was met by some of the targets of his rant. A fight broke out. We are hearing multiple similar versions of what happened, including indications that injuries were suffered. Sources in AEW are being tight-lipped in anticipation of legal action possibly resulting from the incident.

NOTE: Earlier today on my “Wade Keller Hotline” podcast, exclusively part of our VIP member benefits, I spoke for 30 minutes giving more insights and details on my sourcing of this story, speculation about it being a work and what can be almost certainly be ruled out, what people outside of AEW are thinking of how Tony Khan is handling this situation, and my conclusions on what is really happening and who is on whose side. Subscribe to VIP membership HERE. Or learn more about VIP benefits HERE.[/quote]

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 5th, '22, 16:45

I assume that I would have agreed the vast majority of advice he gave them, but Punk kind of comes off like one of those "my way is the right way" veterans here, and to do that and then call them idiots for not listening to you is a bad look (even if it's true).

That being said, it doesn't excuse anything Kenny and the Bucks might have done in the realm of spreading rumors about Punk getting Cabana fired.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

XIV

Post by XIV » Sep 10th, '22, 05:36

Stop Punk when he's telling lies.
Have A Nice Day!