AEW's Toni Storm: 'Thunder Rosa says she's injured'

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

AEW's Toni Storm: 'Thunder Rosa says she's injured'

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 5th, '22, 13:21

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/aew/aews ... es-injured

Storm was crowned interim Women's World Champion Sunday at All Out.

Ethan Renner
10 hours ago

New interim AEW Women's World Champion Toni Storm has commented on Thunder Rosa's back injury.

Speaking at the post-All Out media scrum, Storm said that her interim tag is "not ideal" and that Rosa "can come back and lose to me" after she heals.

Storm said:

"I mean, it's not ideal. But Thunder Rosa says she's injured. Okay. So when she say's she's not injured, she can come back and lose to me, and that will be the end of that."

Taken at face value, Storm's comments feed into the perception that Rosa's injury may not be legitimate, although Rosa will reportedly be out of action for "a few months" and adamant that her injury is not "fake." AEW's media scrums are often a mix of worked and shoot comments, so Storm's remarks could also simply be building a storyline for their match when Rosa returns.

Storm also spoke about her decision to leave WWE at the end of 2021, saying that she chose to take a leap of faith and bet on herself:

"I found myself in a very strange predicament where I had to take a leap of faith, because I couldn't continue going on the way things were. So I just had to bet on myself, and it paid off."
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3