WWE’s Charlotte Flair: ‘I can’t imagine never wrestling’ Sasha Banks again

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

WWE’s Charlotte Flair: ‘I can’t imagine never wrestling’ Sasha Banks again

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 19th, '22, 13:32

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/wwe/wwes ... anks-again

Flair appeared on Broken Skull Sessions with Steve Austin

Ian Carey
1 hour ago

Charlotte Flair "can't imagine" that she's had her last match with Sasha Banks or Naomi.

Flair appeared on an episode of Broken Skull Sessions released on Friday and spoke about her history with both wrestlers. She referred to Banks as "her Ricky Steamboat."

"I came in and then like a month later Sasha came in and they made Sara Del Rey our head coach," Flair said on the show. "Sara was a huge part of where I am today."

"Sasha and I were attached at the hip, and then Becky and I were attached at the hip, it just kind of like switched," she continued. "We were all close at a given time."

Later in the conversation, Austin asked Flair what she thought of Banks and Naomi walking out on an edition of WWE Raw.

"I haven't been there because I left after Backlash and I know what it's like to jump on social media and read these headlines that are so far from the truth, so I don't know what happened. What I can say is, I can't imagine never wrestling Sasha again. That would be hard for me to compartmentalize because we started together, she's my Ricky Steamboat. My dad always tells her that."

"And then with [Naomi], we just had a hell of a match on SmackDown and there's unfinished business there because of circumstances and storylines."

"So, for me, I just can't imagine not working with them but in terms of what they are going through, it's not my place to speak on behalf of the company or them because I'm not there right now."

Flair also spoke about the title-exchange segment between her and Becky Lynch from the October 22, 2021 edition of SmackDown. She told Austin that it was an accident when she dropped the title belt rather than handing it to Lynch.

"You've got two women that want to be the best, that want to be that top spot. I wish I could sit here and tell you that I did it on purpose but if people need me to be that bad guy, I'll be that bad guy. Things happen on screen. I would never go on a scripted television show and purposely do something on purpose," she said. "It was accidental."

After she dropped the title, Flair complied with Sonya Deville telling her to pick it up off the mat. Flair told Austin that she does not believe she should have done so, however.

"My character would have never picked it up," Flair continued. "Why would I not make Sonya do it? I make someone hold the ropes."

Austin then asked Flair where her relationship with Lynch currently stands.

"Separate shows. I think for me, personally, her coming back with the baby and seeing her, Seth, and the baby travel the world together. She's really showing the world it can be done and I hope to have that some day."
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3