Several female WWE stars have been frustrated

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
XIV

Several female WWE stars have been frustrated

Post by XIV » Jul 17th, '22, 05:34

There was said to be frustration among some of the women on the roster with how they have been booked and it had been building for a while.

Fightful Select reported today that frustration among the women had been building for months and this includes people on the bottom and the top of the card. Several of the women were waiting to see where the "chips would fall" after WrestleMania.

Those chips include Asuka and Lacey Evans, who are being featured regularly on TV. Another chip is Charlotte Flair, who is taking time off. Sasha Banks and Naomi's departure opened up a couple of slots for other women as well. Another chip is Ronda Rousey, who returned a few months ago and she is said to have been more willing to work with a wider variety of women on the roster.

WWE has been fitting more female talent on SmackDown in recent weeks, something that the women had been pushing for but Fightful adds that this has happened with "varying degrees of satisfaction."

Additionally, there had been some unhappiness with Vince McMahon seemingly caring more about "squeezing himself onto television" after the initial Wall Street Journal story than making sure that female talent was "booked and protected on the show."
Unhappiness among the talent in the company is nothing new and we've heard similar stories for years. The good news is that WWE seems to be doing more with the female talent in recent months and there was a long streak of women main eventing Raw up until this past week. Additionally, since the John Cena return episode, Vince McMahon has not appeared on TV again and Liv Morgan has been elevated as a top star on SmackDown...at least for now.

Source: https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/sever ... ale-talent
Have A Nice Day!

XIV

Re: Several female WWE stars have been frustrated

Post by XIV » Jul 17th, '22, 05:45

Because Vince only likes women who blow him or his favourite talents?
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 17th, '22, 12:18

Can you blame any of them? The only two people who have any reason to be really happy about how they have been booked are Liv and Bianca (and maybe Ronda, I guess).
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Thelone

Post by Thelone » Jul 17th, '22, 12:34

Ah yes, the good ol' "all-time low morale" from the usual fed badders.

Most of the women on RAW are used in some capacity, whether it's the main storyline (Lynch, Belair, Asuka, Ripley before the concussion, Carmella lately) or as 24/7 fodder (Carmella again, Brooke, Nikki ASH, Doudrop, Tamina). I think only Bliss isn't really anywhere currently.

I can't really talk about Smackdown since I stopped watching the show months ago, but would people really lose sleep over not utilizing anybody not named Morgan, Flair or Rousey?

Again, I can understand being frustrated and if the schedule/pressure is mentally and/or physically hurting you, you should take a step back and think about what's good for you in the long run, but what are the options outside of WWE if you're just "creatively unhappy"? AEW? If your name isn't Baker or Cargill, you won't be pushed and will end up on Elevation/Dark/"ROH" two weeks after your big debut. Impact/MLW? Probably the better options creatively and still on national TV (kinda), but won't be enough by itself financially. Indies? It's just Impact/MLW with less money and exposure (and more dates). Japan? Stardom doesn't seem to use that many outside talent anymore and other promotions feel so insignificant in comparison.

Sure, you can do outside stuff like milk the simps for a few months on Onlyfans/Patreon/whatever before it dries out or do the same on Twitch or be involved in shitty crypto ponzi schemes or just straight up beg for money, but that's less wrestling and more e-girl/thirst trap/"influencer" stuff.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 20th, '22, 12:01

I mean I understand they may personally want more...but women have main evented and closed Raw a lot lately...I definitely get also how they seem to be "unsure where some of this shit ends up", to paraphrase in my own words...

But yeah, idk, a Rhousey heel turn would switch things.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

XIV

Post by XIV » Jul 20th, '22, 12:08

KILLdozer wrote: Jul 20th, '22, 12:01 I mean I understand they may personally want more...but women have main evented and closed Raw a lot lately...I definitely get also how they seem to be "unsure where some of this shit ends up", to paraphrase in my own words...

But yeah, idk, a Rhousey heel turn would switch things.
90% of the time WWE uses women in the main event, it's purely cursory and not at all for genuine reasons. Often its just to say they're doing it. It feels disingenuous.
Have A Nice Day!

Thelone

Post by Thelone » Jul 20th, '22, 18:46

XIV wrote: Jul 20th, '22, 12:0890% of the time WWE uses women in the main event, it's purely cursory and not at all for genuine reasons. Often its just to say they're doing it. It feels disingenuous.
I feel like that was true maybe 2-3 years ago, but nowadays it feels warranted/earned when that happens. Of course I say that during a week when they put (most of) the female 24/7 crew in a trios match for the main event of RAW, but when was the last time a women's match main evented Smackdown for instance? I haven't checked, but I wouldn't be surprised if Charlotte was still the champion when it happened because Rousey's reign has been a big nothing while Belair/Lynch/Ripley/Asuka have been in the main storyline of RAW for months now.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 20th, '22, 20:17

Thelone wrote: Jul 20th, '22, 18:46
XIV wrote: Jul 20th, '22, 12:0890% of the time WWE uses women in the main event, it's purely cursory and not at all for genuine reasons. Often its just to say they're doing it. It feels disingenuous.
I feel like that was true maybe 2-3 years ago, but nowadays it feels warranted/earned when that happens. Of course I say that during a week when they put (most of) the female 24/7 crew in a trios match for the main event of RAW, but when was the last time a women's match main evented Smackdown for instance? I haven't checked, but I wouldn't be surprised if Charlotte was still the champion when it happened because Rousey's reign has been a big nothing while Belair/Lynch/Ripley/Asuka have been in the main storyline of RAW for months now.
I agree that they have definitely cooled down with doing it disingenuously, but the fact that that is people's default assumption is WWE's own fault for the way they used to do it and push it so hard.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 21st, '22, 00:51

I mean there's no top Men's champion around...it's literally because they had to do things differently because of that, one way or another.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Thelone

Post by Thelone » Jul 21st, '22, 09:16

Big Red Machine wrote: Jul 20th, '22, 20:17I agree that they have definitely cooled down with doing it disingenuously, but the fact that that is people's default assumption is WWE's own fault for the way they used to do it and push it so hard.
They did go hard on patting themselves on the back and mentioning how "OMG, this is the first women's X in WWE!!!" or how "everyone is a trailblazer!!!", but acting like they're still doing it today just for internet/PC brownie points and not because it's actually deserved comes off as ignorant and "fed badding no matter what".

Of course, Sext Fraud Chimp's guessing game here is just that : guess work. Banks and Naomi walk out and aren't mentioned on TV anymore? Obviously it means that other women are miserable in the evil fed and also let's take a shot at Vince because he's sometimes on TV for like five minutes at best. MJF walks out and isn't mentioned on TV anymore? Nothing *stupid SRS grin*