Matt Striker done with Impact Wrestling

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

Matt Striker done with Impact Wrestling

Post by cero2k » Jan 5th, '22, 22:26

src: https://www.f4wonline.com/tna-news/matt ... ing-364761

Matt Striker is done with Impact Wrestling.

PWInsider confirmed this afternoon that Striker is done with the company. Striker posted, then deleted, a tweet confirming that he was no longer with Impact.

“I am disappointed that my time with #ImpactonAXSTV is done,” he wrote. “I REALLY enjoyed that locker room. Thanks for allowing me to tell your story. Thanks, everyone. Stay safe."

Striker started announcing for Impact last January, where he and D’Lo Brown replaced Josh Mathews and Madison Rayne as the lead announce team starting with the 2021 edition of Hard to Kill. PWInsider reported that Brown is still expected to be part of the announce team going forward.

Striker has focused on commentary since 2008, joining the broadcast team of various WWE shows including ECW and SmackDown. After WWE opted not to renew his contract in 2013, he has called matches for various promotions including Lucha Underground, New Japan Pro Wrestling, and Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide.

Big Red Machine

Re: Matt Striker done with Impact Wrestling

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 6th, '22, 00:19

Hopefully by now everyone has figured him out and he's done with wrestling forever.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 6th, '22, 09:32

Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 6th, '22, 00:19 Hopefully by now everyone has figured him out and he's done with wrestling forever.
There's gotta be something he's good at, just not commentary. Maybe even backstage interviewer

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 6th, '22, 10:44

cero2k wrote: Jan 6th, '22, 09:32
Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 6th, '22, 00:19 Hopefully by now everyone has figured him out and he's done with wrestling forever.
There's gotta be something he's good at, just not commentary. Maybe even backstage interviewer
He'd probably be fine at that, but anything where he is given any freedom to speak on camera is a risk.

I'm sure there is some executive in some wrestling company that needs a dedicated coffee-fetcher, or perhaps WWE or AEW have an open janitorial position in their headquarters.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 8th, '22, 13:29

related