Jon Moxley entering inpatient alcohol treatment program

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

Jon Moxley entering inpatient alcohol treatment program

Post by cero2k » Nov 2nd, '21, 21:25

JON MOXLEY ENTERING INPATIENT ALCOHOL TREATMENT PROGRAM
src: https://www.f4wonline.com/aew-news/jon- ... ram-358316

Jon Moxley is entering an inpatient alcohol treatment program.

Tony Khan shared the news this evening on Twitter, saying that he is looking forward to a time when Moxley will return to the ring.

Khan’s statement reads:
Jon Moxley has allowed me to share with you that he is entering an inpatient alcohol treatment program. Jon is a beloved member of the AEW family. We all stand with him and Renee, and all of his family and friends, as he shifts his focus to recovery. Jon is making a very brave choice to get help, and we’re embracing his choice and supporting him however we can. I’m proud to call Jon a friend, and like many of you, I’m also a fan of Mox and look forward to a time in the future when he is eventually ready to return to the ring. Until then, thank you for supporting Jon and respecting his privacy at this time. If you or a loved one need help, please reach out to SAMHSA’s National Helpline: 1-800-662-HELP (4357).
Moxley was scheduled to compete on Dynamite this Wednesday in a match against Orange Cassidy. The winner would advance to AEW’s Full Gear pay-per-view event on November 13, where they would face Bryan Danielson in the finals of the World Title Eliminator tournament. AEW has not announced their plans for the tournament.

Big Red Machine

Re: Jon Moxley entering inpatient alcohol treatment program

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 3rd, '21, 07:25

Good on him for getting the necessary help and not doing the wrestler the bg and putting it off until after the big show.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Thelone

Re: Jon Moxley entering inpatient alcohol treatment program

Post by Thelone » Nov 3rd, '21, 15:30

Can't say I'm too surprised when you saw how bloated and out of shape he's been lately compared to how he was barely a year ago. It was going to be some kind of substance abuse and/or he just stopped giving a shit.

Kudos to him for realizing he needed help before he hurt someone or himself inside or outside the ring, but he might need to ease down on deathmatch stuff (maybe he'd love to be burnt into a crisp like Tremont, who knows) and stop trying "to keep it real" because a dumb fuck like Nick Gage called him soft or whatever.