WWE reportedly releases ring announcer Greg Hamilton

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

WWE reportedly releases ring announcer Greg Hamilton

Post by cero2k » Oct 26th, '21, 19:22

WWE REPORTEDLY RELEASES RING ANNOUNCER GREG HAMILTON
src: https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/wwe- ... ton-357591

WWE has released ring announcer Greg Hamilton, according to a report.

PWInsider reports that WWE released Hamilton, real name Greg Hutson, earlier this week. Hamilton had been with the company since 2015 and had been a main roster ring announcer since 2016. He appeared on WWE programming as recently as last week, ring announcing for the Crown Jewel pay-per-view in Saudi Arabia and on SmackDown

This past weekend, Hamilton threatened to enlist "WWE lawyers" to sue Roc Nation rapper Westside Gunn for using a sample of his voice on a song.

In a series of since-deleted Instagram comments, Hamilton said that he was looking for a settlement of 20 to 30 thousand dollars for using his voice without permission.

"Well @westsidegunn @buffalokidsgallery let’s hope that since you STOLE my voice for your incoherent kindergarten fables, that you saved up enough delivering for Door Dash….because….You….are…. *****. You’ll be paying me for years….apologize and I’ll think about not collecting every dime for the rest of your life….or I can just get WWE lawyers….that’s ok too. Settle with my lawyer. And don’t EVER use my voice again….so wrong."

"Tick... tock.....the longer this goes, the longer I have in court....you ready to settle or do you wanna dance with WWE lawyers? It's a slam dunk. Price goes up by the day....," Hamilton wrote. "It was 20k, but at noon eastern it's $30k and we go to court."

Hamilton has removed the WWE from his Twitter handle and made his account private. WWE has yet to release a statement on the release or whether or not the social media posts played a role in it.

Big Red Machine

Re: WWE reportedly releases ring announcer Greg Hamilton

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 26th, '21, 20:08

Well... that's what happens you pretend you can wield your employer's authority.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Oct 26th, '21, 22:10

Big Red Machine wrote: Oct 26th, '21, 20:08 Well... that's what happens you pretend you can wield your employer's authority.
and he probably could had gotten away with it if he had done it with a cease and desist instead of Instagram posts.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 27th, '21, 12:44

cero2k wrote: Oct 26th, '21, 22:10
Big Red Machine wrote: Oct 26th, '21, 20:08 Well... that's what happens you pretend you can wield your employer's authority.
and he probably could had gotten away with it if he had done it with a cease and desist instead of Instagram posts.
Yup.
It's shocking to be how hard it is for some people to behave like an adult instead of a teenager.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3