Tony Khan sustained broken ribs during AEW Rampage Grand Slam

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Tony Khan sustained broken ribs during AEW Rampage Grand Slam

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 15th, '21, 14:56

https://www.f4wonline.com/aew-news/tony ... lam-356341

By Josh Nason | @joshnason | Oct 15, 2021 9:50 am

During an off-screen angle at AEW Rampage Grand Slam that saw Tony Khan usher American Top Team out of the arena after a match, the founder and creative lead said he sustained broken ribs.

Speaking to the New York Post, Khan said as he was confronting ATT backstage, former UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos took Khan off his feet and in the process, Khan got the injury.

“He cracked them. I’ll be ok, but he legitimately cracked them. I’ll be OK. It’s been a few weeks, but I’m sleeping on my right side," Khan told the Post, adding that Dos Santos did nothing wrong.

None of it was shown on camera. Khan said he was also yelling at the group to hurry up as they were running up against a midnight curfew for Arthur Ashe Stadium in Queens, New York.

Chris Jericho and Jake Hager took on the ATT-backed Men of the Year (Scorpio Sky and Ethan Page) in the aforementioned match. After the bout ended, the Dan Lambert-led fight team came out to attack Jericho and Hager with UFC star Jorge Masvidal knocking Jericho out with his signature running knee strike.

Khan said he didn't ask for medical help during the rest of the show as he didn't want medical personnel pulling him out of the director's chair.

Dos Santos makes his AEW debut Friday in Miami, Florida, teaming with Men of the Year against Jericho, Hager and TNT Champion Sammy Guevara.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Re: Tony Khan sustained broken ribs during AEW Rampage Grand Slam

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 15th, '21, 14:58

An "off-screen angle" which isn't revealed until several weeks later, right before the match it's supposed to be hyping up is revealed? And which also happens to make the rich-kid promoter look shoot tough? And which also happens to come after the card for the next PPV got leaked because he was carrying it around in public and someone took a picture of him?

I'm calling bullsh*t. This comes off as sad and desperate on Tony's part.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3