Vince McMahon, Bruce Prichard to produce NXT as part of revamp

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

Vince McMahon, Bruce Prichard to produce NXT as part of revamp

Post by cero2k » Sep 1st, '21, 17:03

VINCE MCMAHON, BRUCE PRICHARD TO PRODUCE NXT AS PART OF REVAMP
source: https://www.f4wonline.com/nxt-news/vinc ... revolution

Vince McMahon and Bruce Prichard will be behind big decisions going forward with NXT.

Bryan Alvarez reported on today’s Wrestling Observer Live that NXT will be a McMahon-Prichard production when the brand returns to live shows. Additionally, Dave Meltzer reports that McMahon and Prichard will be behind the big decisions, not the little ones, and will be behind marketing, promotion, and direction. Their role in booking may only be regarding those at the top.

"It's gonna be like the old NXT," Alvarez said on Wrestling Observer Live. "I have heard from several people now that when they go back to live shows, this is going to be a McMahon-Prichard production."

WWE President Nick Khan noted in an interview last month that NXT will be heading into a new direction.

“We're doing a complete revamp on NXT, led by Triple H, Paul Levesque, who is really one of the architects of the original NXT," Khan told Ariel Helwani. “In terms of an NXT rebrand, look for it in the next couple of weeks. It's gonna have a whole new look, it's gonna have a whole new feel."

In the last week, WWE has been pushing NXT with a new, more colorful logo. Next week’s show is taped, but will return live on September 14 with a wedding between Dexter Lumis and Indi Hartwell.

Big Red Machine

Re: Vince McMahon, Bruce Prichard to produce NXT as part of revamp

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 2nd, '21, 16:49

Hunter and Shawn to cry in corner.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Sep 2nd, '21, 17:05

Big Red Machine wrote: Sep 2nd, '21, 16:49 Hunter and Shawn to cry in corner.
I can't imagine how demoralizing it must be for Hunter that his little baby was forced to go against AEW, forced to change for that sake, and when the main roster formula didn't work on them either, it's them that get punished, and now daddy and friends are gonna overlook it. Hunter went from being 'the future of WWE' to losing power left and right.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 2nd, '21, 21:21

cero2k wrote: Sep 2nd, '21, 17:05
Big Red Machine wrote: Sep 2nd, '21, 16:49 Hunter and Shawn to cry in corner.
I can't imagine how demoralizing it must be for Hunter that his little baby was forced to go against AEW, forced to change for that sake, and when the main roster formula didn't work on them either, it's them that get punished, and now daddy and friends are gonna overlook it. Hunter went from being 'the future of WWE' to losing power left and right.
I feel a little less bad for him, but that's because I don't think what they went with was a "main roster formula." It felt a lot more AEW-ish to me. Also, some of the acts that they chose to put a lot of stock in (and Dexter Lumis in particular) are not acts that I think Vince have pushed on them. I still thought they were putting on a better product than AEW so I have sympathy for losing while being the better show, and of course I have sympathy because they lost key people due to either call-ups or injuries, but I think they would have done better if they stuck to their guns. You weren't going to beat AEW by being AEW-lite.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Sep 2nd, '21, 22:55

Big Red Machine wrote: Sep 2nd, '21, 21:21

I feel a little less bad for him, but that's because I don't think what they went with was a "main roster formula." It felt a lot more AEW-ish to me. Also, some of the acts that they chose to put a lot of stock in (and Dexter Lumis in particular) are not acts that I think Vince have pushed on them. I still thought they were putting on a better product than AEW so I have sympathy for losing while being the better show, and of course I have sympathy because they lost key people due to either call-ups or injuries, but I think they would have done better if they stuck to their guns. You weren't going to beat AEW by being AEW-lite.
oh no, i don't feel bad for him, I celebrate any loss that WWE takes, i'm just seeing it how a couple of years everyone saw Triple H as a bright future for WWE, and now he has lost a bunch of power backstage. They lost because the show is bad and stale, that Indie/Dexter comedy crap is exactly what they would do on the main roster, maybe not the wrestlers, but for sure the campy stories.

100% disagree on the 'better show', but to each their own, but I wouldn't say they were AEW-lite, they weren't main roster-lite either, maybe something in between. It was what they usually were but with worse stories, lack of consistency control, and the same matches over and over and over again.

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Sep 2nd, '21, 23:21

cero2k wrote: Sep 1st, '21, 17:03 VINCE MCMAHON, BRUCE PRICHARD TO PRODUCE NXT AS PART OF REVAMP
source: https://www.f4wonline.com/nxt-news/vinc ... revolution

Vince McMahon and Bruce Prichard will be behind big decisions going forward with NXT.

Bryan Alvarez reported on today’s Wrestling Observer Live that NXT will be a McMahon-Prichard production when the brand returns to live shows. Additionally, Dave Meltzer reports that McMahon and Prichard will be behind the big decisions, not the little ones, and will be behind marketing, promotion, and direction. Their role in booking may only be regarding those at the top.

"It's gonna be like the old NXT," Alvarez said on Wrestling Observer Live. "I have heard from several people now that when they go back to live shows, this is going to be a McMahon-Prichard production."

WWE President Nick Khan noted in an interview last month that NXT will be heading into a new direction.

“We're doing a complete revamp on NXT, led by Triple H, Paul Levesque, who is really one of the architects of the original NXT," Khan told Ariel Helwani. “In terms of an NXT rebrand, look for it in the next couple of weeks. It's gonna have a whole new look, it's gonna have a whole new feel."

In the last week, WWE has been pushing NXT with a new, more colorful logo. Next week’s show is taped, but will return live on September 14 with a wedding between Dexter Lumis and Indi Hartwell.
I can't remember the last piece of wrestling news that made me sad that wasn't a death, but this makes me sad. You can say a lot about Hunter, how he raided the indies and whatnot, but goddamn it NXT has been the most consistently good wrestling show I've had routine access to in my life time (never had routine access to ROH in the golden years) but now it's just...gone.
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Sep 3rd, '21, 09:27

RELATED

Report: The New NXT Logo Came With 'No Input From NXT People'
src: https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/repo ... nxt-people

Changes are coming in NXT and reportedly, the new logo came without any input from those that are typically in charge of NXT.

Recently, The future of NXT has been under a microscope as Nick Khan publicly stated that the brand would be undergoing a complete overhaul and then, a new logo was revealed by WWE and the rapper Wale.

Now, it is being reported by Dave Meltzer in the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter that the new logo came without any input from traditional NXT people and the core group making marketing decisions such as this one for the brand include Vince McMahon, Kevin Dunn, Bruce Pritchard, Nick Khan, and John Laurinaitis.

Meltzer would however state that recent reports that McMahon and Pritchard would be taking over the creative of NXT were incorrect.

Nick Khan also publicly stated that WWE is no longer focusing on signing the top names from the independent wrestling scene believing that the best ones are already under the WWE umbrella. This was disputed somewhat by Triple H during a recent tryout as Triple H stated that just because somebody has an independent wrestling background does not mean that he would dismiss them.

NXT mainstay, Tommaso Ciampa recently spoke with Fightful’s Sean Ross Sapp about the upcoming changes to the brand noting that while he doesn't know much, there is an air of excitement regarding the changes that will likely be coming on September 14.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 3rd, '21, 14:35

cero2k wrote: Sep 2nd, '21, 22:55
Big Red Machine wrote: Sep 2nd, '21, 21:21

oh no, i don't feel bad for him, I celebrate any loss that WWE takes, i'm just seeing it how a couple of years everyone saw Triple H as a bright future for WWE, and now he has lost a bunch of power backstage. They lost because the show is bad and stale, that Indie/Dexter comedy crap is exactly what they would do on the main roster, maybe not the wrestlers, but for sure the campy stories.
It's not just Indi/Dexter. It has been everything with The Way. Also, it's not main roster comedy. Main roster comedy is MUCH worse (as hard as that might be to believe are the recent crap with Dexter/The Way and Io/Zoey). It's cartoonish and campu rather than outright "only an idiot would find this funny," which is how I see the main roster. I don't think the main roster is anywhere close to "campy." What NXT does comes across to me as a modern version of the sort of stuff that makes Memphis and Smoky so hard for me to watch.
cero2k wrote: Sep 2nd, '21, 22:55 100% disagree on the 'better show', but to each their own, but I wouldn't say they were AEW-lite, they weren't main roster-lite either, maybe something in between. It was what they usually were but with worse stories, lack of consistency control, and the same matches over and over and over again.
I never felt a "same matches over and over again" feel in NXT. I know they had feuds that you could argue went on too long, but when TakeOver came around I never felt like I had seen the match so many times that it didn't feel special, like often happens on the main roster. I also don't really think the stories got "worse" in the sense that they became bad so much as that NXT had had stuff (especially Ciampa vs. Gargano and everything that touched that like the stuff with Aleister Black) that was so darn good (Baszler's title reign, too) that just being decent seemed bad by comparison.
NXT barely had any comedy until AEW came along, and I think they did added it because they saw people responding well to it from AEW.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 3rd, '21, 14:40

Also, despite this, I just don't think that it means Hunter still isn't the next in line. We stock-wise, Steph and Hunter are next, and I think those two have figured out which roles work best for both of them. Once Vince dies, they'll be in charge.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation