Ric Flair to appear at NWA 73rd anniversary PPV

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

Ric Flair to appear at NWA 73rd anniversary PPV

Post by cero2k » Aug 19th, '21, 21:13

RIC FLAIR TO APPEAR AT NWA 73RD ANNIVERSARY PPV
src: https://www.f4wonline.com/other-wrestli ... ppv-350721

One of the most legendary champions in NWA history will be appearing at the NWA's 73rd anniversary pay-per-view.

It was announced on Thursday that Ric Flair will be making an appearance at NWA 73. The PPV is taking place at the Chase Park Plaza hotel in St. Louis, Missouri on Sunday, August 29.

Flair was a 10-time NWA World Champion during his in-ring career.

"It was always historic. But now #NWA73 at The Chase will be LEGENDARY," the NWA wrote. "The rumors are true. He's finally HOME. @RicFlairNatrBoy is coming back to the NWA & Wrestling At The Chase"

Flair departed WWE earlier this month after requesting his release from the company. Flair then appeared at Lucha Libre AAA's Triplemania XXIX, accompanying his future son-in-law Andrade El Idolo for a match against Kenny Omega.

The night before NWA 73, the NWA's all-women's Empower PPV will also be held at the Chase Park Plaza hotel. The NWA announced today that AEW's Diamante will be in action at Empower.

Here's the card for NWA 73:

Title vs. career match: NWA World Champion Nick Aldis defends against Trevor Murdoch

NWA National Champion Chris Adonis defends against James Storm

NWA Tag Team Champions Aron Stevens & JR Kratos defend against Bestia 666 & Mecha Wolf 450

Mickie James vs. Kylie Rae

The winner of Kamille and Leyla Hirsch's NWA Women's World Championship match from Empower will defend against the winner of Empower's Women's Invitational Cup

Brawl in the Lou: Thom Latimer vs. Crimson vs. Tim Storm

NWA Television Champion Tyrus, The Masked Man & Jordan Clearwater vs. Da Pope, Odinson & Parrow

12-man battle royale for a future NWA National Championship shot

Big Red Machine

Re: Ric Flair to appear at NWA 73rd anniversary PPV

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 20th, '21, 08:56

Maybe it's just me, but I can't see how anyone could care about Ric Flair at this point. We've seen him so frequently that he doesn't feel like a Ric Flair appearance means anything at this point.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 20th, '21, 10:12

Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 20th, '21, 08:56 Maybe it's just me, but I can't see how anyone could care about Ric Flair at this point. We've seen him so frequently that he doesn't feel like a Ric Flair appearance means anything at this point.
There's always the curiosity to see if he can do something good with better direction and not idiotic daddy-daughter stories or making out with women a third his age.

This is nostalgia, Flair hasn't been involved with the NWA for decades

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 20th, '21, 10:57

cero2k wrote: Aug 20th, '21, 10:12
Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 20th, '21, 08:56 Maybe it's just me, but I can't see how anyone could care about Ric Flair at this point. We've seen him so frequently that he doesn't feel like a Ric Flair appearance means anything at this point.
There's always the curiosity to see if he can do something good with better direction and not idiotic daddy-daughter stories or making out with women a third his age.

This is nostalgia, Flair hasn't been involved with the NWA for decades
But we saw that with TNA and his indy run, and he was the same cartoon he has been in WWE (and the same cartoon he plays in those insurance commercials).

Maybe because of when I became a fan, but I really don't buy that there is much of an emotional connection between the current NWA and the pre-93 NWA. Does the actual belt have some extra value to people? Sure, in the same way that Big Gold did when WWE was using it as the World Heavyweight Title, but this doesn't (at least to me) feel like the old favorite returning to the sports team where he spent the best years of his career. This feels like if the current Winnipeg Jets brought tried to do a number-retirement ceremony for people who had only played with the franchise when they were the Atlanta Thrashers. This NWA feels like the old NWA's third cousin once removed, not like it's grandchild.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3