Pete Dunne's WWE contract reportedly expiring soon

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

Pete Dunne's WWE contract reportedly expiring soon

Post by cero2k » Aug 5th, '21, 20:04

PETE DUNNE'S WWE CONTRACT REPORTEDLY EXPIRING SOON
source: https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/pete ... oon-349161

According to a report, another top WWE NXT name is about to hit free agency.

Fightful Select reported on their Patreon page today that Pete Dunne's WWE contract is set to expire in the near future. The report cites one source as saying that Dunne's deal is up after SummerSlam weekend, but clarifies that they are working to confirm that detail.

Fightful's report also states that they are uncertain if Dunne's contract situation is similar to Adam Cole's, in that Cole's deal reportedly expired last month, but he agreed to continue on through SummerSlam weekend in the form of a short-term extension. Cole's contract expiration was reportedly a surprise to top WWE brass, as they were under the impression that he was signed for a longer period of time.

Dunne, 27, made his WWE debut in 2017 at the inaugural WWE United Kingdom Championship Tournament. He would make it to the finals of the tournament before losing to Tyler Bate in the match that crowned the first WWE United Kingdom Champion.

Dunne was the longest-reigning WWE United Kingdom Champion with a run of 685 days with the title. That title was later renamed the NXT United Kingdom Championship, and Walter would go on to surpass Dunne's mark.

Dunne would later team with Matt Riddle as the BroserWeights in NXT. They would capture the NXT Tag Team Championship once, in addition to winning the 2020 Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic.

Big Red Machine

Re: Pete Dunne's WWE contract reportedly expiring soon

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 6th, '21, 15:40

Cole's contract expiring was a SURPRISE? How the f*ck does that happen!?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 6th, '21, 23:14

Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 6th, '21, 15:40 Cole's contract expiring was a SURPRISE? How the f*ck does that happen!?
Didn't it happen with The Rock too?

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Aug 9th, '21, 06:33

cero2k wrote: Aug 6th, '21, 23:14
Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 6th, '21, 15:40 Cole's contract expiring was a SURPRISE? How the f*ck does that happen!?
I'm not sure, I do know WWE didn't publicly announce it though, which was the baffling part to some people.
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 9th, '21, 10:19

cero2k wrote: Aug 6th, '21, 23:14
I have no memory of that. I remember something similar happening with Bobby Rodde in TNA when and Aries were tag champs (and his contract actually did expire).

Wikipeda says that Johnny Ace is the current head of Talent relations, so I guess it's on him? (Even if he has people working under him, he's still the boss and ought to be keeping track of this stuff himself for big names like Cole.)

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 9th, '21, 13:43

Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 9th, '21, 10:19 I have no memory of that. I remember something similar happening with Bobby Rodde in TNA when and Aries were tag champs (and his contract actually did expire).

Wikipeda says that Johnny Ace is the current head of Talent relations, so I guess it's on him? (Even if he has people working under him, he's still the boss and ought to be keeping track of this stuff himself for big names like Cole.)
Rock's thing seems like the contract ended and he didn't know and WWE never said anything, and so everyone took it as they had dropped them, but given that it's the rock, not trying to keep him sounds more like WWE didn't notice either

https://www.ign.com/articles/2005/02/15 ... -wrestling

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Aug 9th, '21, 15:15

Unless I'm remembering wrong, isn't this how Jeff Jarrett cornered Vince with the IC Belt?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 9th, '21, 17:02

Bob-O wrote: Aug 9th, '21, 15:15 Unless I'm remembering wrong, isn't this how Jeff Jarrett cornered Vince with the IC Belt?
The issue there was that Jarrett's contract expired the day before the PPV, so he told Vince he wanted a giant payoff to show up and drop the belt to Chyna.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation