AEW's Brodie Lee passes away at 41 due to lung issue

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

AEW's Brodie Lee passes away at 41 due to lung issue

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 26th, '20, 23:28

https://www.f4wonline.com/aew-news/aews ... sue-328646

By Bryan Rose | @br26 | Dec 26, 2020 6:46 pm

Jon Huber, known as Brodie Lee in AEW and Luke Harper in WWE, has passed away at the age of 41.

Huber’s wife Amanda wrote in an Instagram post that he had died from a non-COVID 19 related lung issue.

AEW posted the following statement on their social media:

The All Elite Wrestling family is heartbroken. In an industry filled with good people, Jon Huber was exceptionally respected and beloved in every way - a fierce and captivating talent, a thoughtful mentor and simple a very kind soul that starkly contradicted his persona as Mr. Brodie Lee.

Jon’s love for his wife Amanda, and children Brodie and Nolan, was evident to all of us who were fortunate to spend time with him, and we send out love and support to his beautiful family, today and always. Jon’s popularity among his peers and influence on the wrestling world was worldwide, and transcended AEW, so this loss will be felt by many for a long time.

We were privileged at AEW to call Jon Huber a brother, a friend and one of our own.

At the most recent AEW Dynamite tapings held two weeks ago, there was a segment at the end of the tapings where Kenny Omega “lost” the AEW World title to Huber’s son, Brodie. Brodie was announced as the new champion by AEW announcer Justin Roberts.

Starting his career in 2003, Huber joined WWE in 2012. He regularly teamed with Bray Wyatt and Erik Rowan as The Wyatt Family. After requesting his release from WWE earlier in 2019, it was granted on December 8.

Under the name Mr. Brodie Lee, he made his debut for AEW on the March 18 edition of Dynamite, revealing himself as The Exalted One, the leader of the Dark Order stable that members had been hyping. He started a feud with Cody, defeating him for the TNT title on the August 22 edition of Dynamite, putting him out of action for several weeks.

Cody returned and faced Lee in what would be Huber’s final match, a Dog Collar match for the TNT title on the October 7 edition of Dynamite. Cody won the match and regained the title.

Huber and his wife, Amanda, have two sons, Brodie and Nolan. Huber was well regarded for being a family man.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: AEW's Brodie Lee passes away at 41 due to lung issue

Post by cero2k » Dec 27th, '20, 10:30

This one hit me hard, he was someone who I saw most of his career and always loved him.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 27th, '20, 10:38

cero2k wrote: Dec 27th, '20, 10:30 This one hit me hard, he was someone who I saw most of his career and always loved him.
And young and unexpected.

I think the only reason this isn't hitting me harder is that I got some practice earlier in the year with Hana Kimura and Shad.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 28th, '20, 13:23

BTE Brodie Tribute episode

XIV

Post by XIV » Dec 29th, '20, 11:09

Sad news, I wasn’t a huge fan of his work or anything, but 41 is too young, he clearly was a well-loved man and well respected behind the scenes.
Have A Nice Day!