Becky Lynch announces pregnancy, Asuka now Raw Women's champion

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

Becky Lynch announces pregnancy, Asuka now Raw Women's champion

Post by cero2k » May 11th, '20, 19:05

src: https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/beck ... ion-310751

“You go and be a warrior, 'cause I’m gonna go be a mother,” Becky Lynch told Asuka on Raw tonight as Lynch revealed that she's pregnant.

After it was hyped that she would be making a major announcement on the show, Lynch appeared at the start of tonight's Raw. She said she was torn between joy and sadness because she's at a place in her life where things are going to change.

Lynch said the fans were always there for her and had her back when she didn't have anyone else, and they deserve to hear this from her first. She then announced that she'll have to go away for a little while.

Lynch had mentioned that she asked the decision makers to up the stakes for this year's women's Money in the Bank ladder match. Asuka, who won the women's MITB ladder match on Sunday, then came out to the ring. Lynch revealed to her that the match wasn't for the briefcase, it was for the title and Asuka is now Raw Women's Champion.

Asuka celebrated becoming champion and then congratulated Lynch after Lynch announced her pregnancy.

As she was heading to the back, Lynch looked into the camera and told the fans she's going to miss them. Other members of the Raw roster then congratulated Lynch as she was being interviewed backstage.

Lynch tweeted after the segment aired: "I have no idea what happens from here, but I do know that you’ve made all my dreams come true. I entered the PC in 2013 not knowing anyone, I'll leave that same building tonight with my new family. Thank you all so much."

In an interview Lynch did with People, it's noted that Lynch found out she's pregnant in April and is expected to give birth in December.

Lynch had been Raw Women's Champion since defeating Ronda Rousey and Charlotte Flair in the main event of WrestleMania 35.

Tonight was Lynch's first appearance on Raw since April 13. Her most recent match was when she retained the Raw Women's Championship against Shayna Baszler at WrestleMania 36.

This will be Lynch (real name Rebecca Quin) and Seth Rollins' (Colby Lopez) first child. The couple got engaged in August 2019.

Big Red Machine

Re: Becky Lynch announces pregnancy, Asuka now Raw Women's champion

Post by Big Red Machine » May 11th, '20, 22:30

I hope Becky begins to troll Ronda over this.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » May 11th, '20, 23:51

FINALLY! THE BECKY LYNCH HAS LOST THE TITLE!!!!
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

XIV

Post by XIV » May 12th, '20, 08:49

Big Red Machine wrote: May 11th, '20, 22:30 I hope Becky begins to troll Ronda over this.
I too would like this.
Have A Nice Day!

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » May 12th, '20, 10:49

All y'all got is Ronda Rousey jokes? Sons, I am disappoint.

This is an incredible day!

XIV

Post by XIV » May 12th, '20, 11:22

KILLdozer wrote: May 12th, '20, 10:49 All y'all got is Ronda Rousey jokes? Sons, I am disappoint.

Please. Fulfil the void with all of your non-Ronda jokes.
Have A Nice Day!

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » May 12th, '20, 11:57

XIV wrote: May 12th, '20, 11:22
KILLdozer wrote: May 12th, '20, 10:49 All y'all got is Ronda Rousey jokes? Sons, I am disappoint.

Please. Fulfil the void with all of your non-Ronda jokes.
I mean this is bigger than non-Rhonda, Ronda? Jokes! The title is OFFICIALLY OFF BECKY LYNCH! AND SHE'S TAKING A LEAVE OF ABSENCE! "THE MAN" SHIT IS FINALLY OVER!

This is like finally getting that new tattoo you've wanted and it comes out better than you've always been thinking! This is like hitting a new bench press record when you've been practing and focusing for weeks constantly!

Like a new pair of shoes! Getting something super rare and unique in a videya completely out of nowhere! Like your first slam dunk in basketball as a child!

I'm really just so relieved and overjoyed though...I can't remember the last time I was so happy for a title change...and this isn't even about someone I've been backing winning...

Overdone, wore out, beat down and drawn out, then done all over again, made into some wanna Steve Austin parody, doing obnoxious shit that doesn't even make any sense jusy to be an edgy cool guy...

This is a grand new day in professional wrestling. A change has been being called for a really long time, and it took a natural twust of fate to make it happen...I mean Charlotte is still NXT champion, but this is more than enough compensation.

Asuka is probably the best possible choice as well at this point on RAW.

We joke and troll and shit talk a lot here, and we've been doing it a decade or more, but this is so overdue. I'm extremely impacted by this in a major way, and probably for all the wrong reasons.

Classic "they found a good thing organically and went crazy and ran it into the ground" and then kept going as they dug through the earth's crust and core and kept going through magma and other things and literally finaly hit the only thing that could stop them- she just can't defend it and had to go. They'd probably have kept it on her just for records someway if she didn't choose to walk due to motherhood.

This was everything wrong with WWE booking and logic manifested within one character and wrestler. Buzzwords, branding, hype, gimmicks, mishandling of booking and angles, no credible challengers almost at all because they can't and won't make new stars, refusal to listen to the fans.

They're all-here.

As much as Bradford -Redman-Michaelson* a Law firm you can trust for accidents) hates them, it's a shame that Asuka couldn't win the title earlier on when her and Kairi Sane really took off with fresh heel reinventions of themselves. Say what you want, it was definitely different and they carried it all in the ring. Pregnancy though it was it took for Asuka to finally win instead of naturally being over and earning the title.

XIV

Post by XIV » May 12th, '20, 14:28

I’ve never hated anything as much as you seem to hate Becky’s gimmick.
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 12th, '20, 14:33

XIV wrote: May 12th, '20, 14:28 I’ve never hated anything as much as you seem to hate Becky’s gimmick.
Orange Cassidy.

But yeah. As someone who was on the "Becky is the real heel" bandwagon from day one, and who has found her very grating and verging on being heelish at times, even I don't have that type of reaction. What gives, Dozer?

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

XIV

Post by XIV » May 12th, '20, 14:57

Big Red Machine wrote: May 12th, '20, 14:33
XIV wrote: May 12th, '20, 14:28 I’ve never hated anything as much as you seem to hate Becky’s gimmick.
Orange Cassidy.

But yeah. As someone who was on the "Becky is the real heel" bandwagon from day one, and who has found her very grating and verging on being heelish at times, even I don't have that type of reaction. What gives, Dozer?
I take it back. I do in fact hate Orange Cassidy substantially.

I also dislike Kenny Omega to a very high level also.
Have A Nice Day!

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » May 12th, '20, 15:21

Orange Cassidy.

Above all else I just felt the title reign went on way too long and I also wrote that right after the morning coffee, so it may have just rolled and avalanched from there lol....but I just REALLY felt it was time for a change and you all know I'm a big Asuka fan, so her losing over and over didn't help, plus I'd stated mu dislike of this constant "Charlotte Flair and Becky Lynch over EVERYBODY ." mantra they've lead with for so long, and this just ultimately is the change the title and division needed one way or another. Sick of the past champion, and it's just such a breath of life for change that feels like it took 3 years.

Maybe there's subconcious/semi-on the surface feeling of hope and revitalization of Asuka getting another shot at the top, but I've waited for this every title defense lol.

Earth Child

Post by Earth Child » May 12th, '20, 16:10

I'm sorry to all the parents of this message board.....

but this was the first thing to come to my mind:

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » May 12th, '20, 16:15

Earth Child wrote: May 12th, '20, 16:10 I'm sorry to all the parents of this message board.....

Pretty sure no one here has children though whatsoever ...Andonis Lynas might, but I don't think so lol...

Coincidentally, NSFW...a woman recently tild me "fuck it just come over here and ruin my life", over the weekend....

I did not.

Earth Child

Post by Earth Child » May 12th, '20, 16:33

KILLdozer wrote: May 12th, '20, 16:15
Earth Child wrote: May 12th, '20, 16:10 I'm sorry to all the parents of this message board.....

Pretty sure no one here has children though whatsoever ...Andonis Lynas might, but I don't think so lol...

Coincidentally, NSFW...a woman recently tild me "fuck it just come over here and ruin my life", over the weekend....

I did not.
I just wanted to cover my bases!

I don’t think she thought that through far enough. But kudos to you for doing so!

I’d imagine this was somewhat planned on Becky’s part. No way would an educated woman at the top of her profession and in the prime of her career stop using contraception without intending to fall pregnant.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 12th, '20, 17:17

KILLdozer wrote: May 12th, '20, 15:21
Orange Cassidy.

Above all else I just felt the title reign went on way too long and I also wrote that right after the morning coffee, so it may have just rolled and avalanched from there lol....but I just REALLY felt it was time for a change and you all know I'm a big Asuka fan, so her losing over and over didn't help, plus I'd stated mu dislike of this constant "Charlotte Flair and Becky Lynch over EVERYBODY ." mantra they've lead with for so long, and this just ultimately is the change the title and division needed one way or another. Sick of the past champion, and it's just such a breath of life for change that feels like it took 3 years.

Maybe there's subconcious/semi-on the surface feeling of hope and revitalization of Asuka getting another shot at the top, but I've waited for this every title defense lol.
Becky and Charlotte over everyone is definitely a thing, but other than Sasha 9and would you really trust her with a belt so soon? Or want to appear to be rewarding her?), I don't think anyone was really hurt by it.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 12th, '20, 18:05

KILLdozer wrote: May 12th, '20, 11:57

I mean this is bigger than non-Rhonda, Ronda? Jokes! The title is OFFICIALLY OFF BECKY LYNCH! AND SHE'S TAKING A LEAVE OF ABSENCE! "THE MAN" SHIT IS FINALLY OVER!
maybe the story is finally reaching the climax (no pun intended) when they reveal that Rollins is the one impregnated by The Man, futurely-known as The Father.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 12th, '20, 19:05

cero2k wrote: May 12th, '20, 18:05
KILLdozer wrote: May 12th, '20, 11:57

maybe the story is finally reaching the climax (no pun intended) when they reveal that Rollins is the one impregnated by The Man, futurely-known as The Father.
That would certainly explain his mood swings on Raw.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 12th, '20, 19:20

Big Red Machine wrote: May 12th, '20, 19:05
I honestly found it hard to think of Rollins as a heel minutes after Becky made her announcement, specially with Rey made reference.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 12th, '20, 21:18

cero2k wrote: May 12th, '20, 19:20
I honestly found it hard to think of Rollins as a heel minutes after Becky made her announcement, specially with Rey made reference.
Which is where the heat is supposed to come from, I assume, but people reacting the way you did is definitely a risk involved in this. Or in any scenario that doesn't turn him babyface right away, or just ignore the fact that he's the father.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » May 12th, '20, 22:08

Big Red Machine wrote: May 12th, '20, 21:18
cero2k wrote: May 12th, '20, 19:20
Which is where the heat is supposed to come from, I assume, but people reacting the way you did is definitely a risk involved in this. Or in any scenario that doesn't turn him babyface right away, or just ignore the fact that he's the father.
Which is why you just don't make things like this public in the first place. So what if they were both face when it happened? Now they're not, and we're left with this. Idk care about who's actually doing what with behind the scenes.