WWE Raw ratings reach new all-time record low this week

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

WWE Raw ratings reach new all-time record low this week

Post by cero2k » May 5th, '20, 15:49

src: https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/wwe- ... um=twitter

Last night's Raw set an all-time record low for viewers with an average of 1.68 million, down seven percent from the prior week's record non-holiday low and showing the effects of the empty arena shows is siphoning away viewers at a larger rate each week rather than stabilizing, similar to that of SmackDown on Friday.

This broke the all-time low of 1.78 million set on Christmas Eve of 2018, as well as the non-holiday record of 1.82 million set last week.

The drop in 18-49 was nine percent in viewers and the 18-49 rating was 0.46, putting the show in fourth place for the night on cable.

Overall Raw was 24th on the night, which is a better finish than it had been doing and only 90 Day Fiance on TLC (1.83 million viewers) beat Raw in total viewers among non-news programming.

The drop during the show of 14 percent was normal, so the story wasn't the show itself turning off viewers as much as the lack of interest in watching the show to begin with. The first hour was the second lowest first hour in history, while hours two and three were the lowest hours two and three. The third hour was the least-watched hour in Raw history.

The drops in the key demos from hour one to three were eight percent with women 18-49, 11 percent with men 18-49, there was a 14 percent increase in teenage girls during the show and an 11 percent drop in teenage boys, while over 50 dropped 15 percent.

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 1.81 million viewers
9 p.m. 1.69 million viewers
10 p.m. 1.55 million viewers

Big Red Machine

Re: WWE Raw ratings reach new all-time record low this week

Post by Big Red Machine » May 5th, '20, 19:15

I don't blame people. I didn't watch it either because it felt like it was just going to be a random go-home show, and with a crew we've seen way too much of recently.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 5th, '20, 19:30

Big Red Machine wrote: May 5th, '20, 19:15 I don't blame people. I didn't watch it either because it felt like it was just going to be a random go-home show, and with a crew we've seen way too much of recently.
that's the sad part, in theory it should be one of the must watch shows. If not for the network, i wonder how MITB would do

XIV

Post by XIV » May 6th, '20, 01:34

It's the no people thing. Having zero atmosphere really dulls the show down and makes it harder to watch because all these guys are trained at the Performance Centre to play to crowds, look out to crowds etc. That's where AEW is much better, because I'd rather have Billy Gunn and his son shouting things than no noise at all.

At this point in time, AEW is a much more watchable product.,
Have A Nice Day!

Thelone

Post by Thelone » May 6th, '20, 09:27

Most WWE shows were already lifeless with a crowd, the lack of it just exposed every flaw tenfold. Also I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that most people have more pressing matter than watching hours of shitty WWE programming right now.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 6th, '20, 09:35

Thelone wrote: May 6th, '20, 09:27 Most WWE shows were already lifeless with a crowd, the lack of it just exposed every flaw tenfold. Also I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that most people have more pressing matter than watching hours of shitty WWE programming right now.
It's escapism. You use WWE and AEW to take your mind off of your problems for a few hours a week.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3