Spoiler On Plans For Samoa Joe's Return To Action

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Bob-O

Spoiler On Plans For Samoa Joe's Return To Action

Post by Bob-O » Dec 17th, '19, 13:51

Source: wrestlinginc

Samoa Joe will be returning to the WWE RAW storylines during next Monday's taped episode for Christmas Week.

As noted, WWE taped next week's RAW on Monday night from the Wells Fargo Center in Des Moines, Iowa. You can click here to read our full spoiler report from the show. The main event saw WWE United States Champion Rey Mysterio retain his title over Seth Rollins by DQ due to interference from The Authors of Pain. AOP went to put Mysterio through an announce table but Joe would not move, standing his ground to face off with Akam and Rezar. AOP ended up beating Joe down and then Rollins hit a Stomp on Mysterio to end the show.

Joe has been working the RAW announce team for several weeks now, calling the show with Vic Joseph and WWE Hall of Famer Jerry Lawler, while he's been out of action with a thumb injury. Joe suffered the injury in early September and it's been reported that he was scheduled to be re-evaluated by WWE doctors at the December 30 RAW from the XL Center in Hartford, CT, which will be the final red brand show of the decade. Based on what went down at this week's RAW tapings for next Monday, it looks like Joe has already been looked at by doctors, and has been medically cleared to compete. Joe revealed early last week that he was no longer wearing the cast on his thumb.

On a related note, this was also not confirmed but it looks like the Joe return angle on next week's RAW could lead to a six-man match with Rollins and AOP vs. Joe, Mysterio and Kevin Owens. That has not been announced for any future events. It's been reported that Joe will step away from the RAW announce team when he's able to return, but there's no word yet on if he will still appear as an analyst for WWE Backstage.

Serujuunin

Re: Spoiler On Plans For Samoa Joe's Return To Action

Post by Serujuunin » Dec 17th, '19, 14:16

That’s too bad. I love Joe on commentary. Obviously I want him to wrestle again but the RAW table will be worse off for losing him.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 17th, '19, 14:33

Serujuunin wrote: Dec 17th, '19, 14:16 That’s too bad. I love Joe on commentary. Obviously I want him to wrestle again but the RAW table will be worse off for losing him.
This.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 17th, '19, 15:06

Wrestler Joe > Commentary Joe. If you wish upon it, you'll end up with Tazz 2.0

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Dec 17th, '19, 23:05

cero2k wrote: Dec 17th, '19, 15:06 Wrestler Joe > Commentary Joe. If you wish upon it, you'll end up with Tazz 2.0
Hence why I said I obviously want to see him wrestle lol. But at least he has an avenue for when his in-ring career winds down.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Dec 18th, '19, 13:54

Serujuunin wrote: Dec 17th, '19, 23:05
cero2k wrote: Dec 17th, '19, 15:06 Wrestler Joe > Commentary Joe. If you wish upon it, you'll end up with Tazz 2.0
Hence why I said I obviously want to see him wrestle lol. But at least he has an avenue for when his in-ring career winds down.
The major difference is Joe's spot on the card. Tazz was lucky he found a spot at the table, as they clearly never had big plans for him. Hopefully for Joe, his time in the booth showed Vince how personable he is and that he still has runway beyond "challenger".

Doubtful, but who knows, maybe this prompts them to see what Joe can do with a real run.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Dec 19th, '19, 09:52

Bob-O wrote: Dec 18th, '19, 13:54
Serujuunin wrote: Dec 17th, '19, 23:05
The major difference is Joe's spot on the card. Tazz was lucky he found a spot at the table, as they clearly never had big plans for him. Hopefully for Joe, his time in the booth showed Vince how personable he is and that he still has runway beyond "challenger".

Doubtful, but who knows, maybe this prompts them to see what Joe can do with a real run.
Truth. I want to see Joe with a real spot. He was gold in NXT and I know he still has it in him to be huge on RAW.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Dec 24th, '19, 08:04

Serujuunin wrote: Dec 19th, '19, 09:52 Truth. I want to see Joe with a real spot. He was gold in NXT and I know he still has it in him to be huge on RAW.
I think they can get out of him what they're trying to get from babyface Owens. A long shot, but I think if they committed, they could get out of Joe what they've been trying to get from Reigns. Joe's a larger than life guy, a baddass, but you can't help but love him. I have a feeling the crowd is really going to latch on to him, I'm just hoping he's not a sacrificial lamb to Rollin's heel run...

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Dec 24th, '19, 13:20

Bob-O wrote: Dec 24th, '19, 08:04
Serujuunin wrote: Dec 19th, '19, 09:52 Truth. I want to see Joe with a real spot. He was gold in NXT and I know he still has it in him to be huge on RAW.
I think they can get out of him what they're trying to get from babyface Owens. A long shot, but I think if they committed, they could get out of Joe what they've been trying to get from Reigns. Joe's a larger than life guy, a baddass, but you can't help but love him. I have a feeling the crowd is really going to latch on to him, I'm just hoping he's not a sacrificial lamb to Rollin's heel run...
100% this. Joe is a monster. I would even be okay if he took a loss to Rollins as long as he demolished A.O.P. on the way and lost with some shenanigans.

I love Joe. I've been singing his praises for years (to my mom, who is the only one I can share wrestling with IRL), and shes finally starting to get it.

Also. Small complaint with A.O.P. Why in the world have we forgotten their name means something? No one calls them the Authors of Pain anymore and it sounds so much cooler.