Countdown to AEW All Out averages nearly 400,000 viewers on TNT

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

Countdown to AEW All Out averages nearly 400,000 viewers on TNT

Post by cero2k » Sep 3rd, '19, 17:01

Source: f4wonline.com

Friday night's Countdown to All Out preview special, which was only officially announced by AEW last week and not really promoted at all, averaged 390,000 viewers airing at 10 p.m. Eastern time on TNT.

In the key 18-49 demo, the show finished 29th for the night on cable with a 0.14 rating. That's average for TNT, which usually airs repeat programming in that time slot.

It's hard to say what this means, but viewership was over 50 percent higher than last year's All In pre-show. The difference was that the All In pre-show aired on a weaker network -- WGN America -- and in a traditionally weaker time slot at 7 p.m. Eastern on Saturday. But it also took place right before All In and featured live matches, while Friday's special was taped promo packages for the bouts that would take place the next night on pay-per-view.

The official debut for AEW on TNT will be on Wednesday, October 2. The show will air live weekly from 8-10 p.m. Eastern.

Serujuunin

Re: Countdown to AEW All Out averages nearly 400,000 viewers on TNT

Post by Serujuunin » Sep 5th, '19, 15:20

I don’t know if anyone here will have an answer, but does anyone know where I’ll be able to watch it in Canada? I don’t think TNT is a thing up here?

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Sep 5th, '19, 16:15

Serujuunin wrote: Sep 5th, '19, 15:20 I don’t know if anyone here will have an answer, but does anyone know where I’ll be able to watch it in Canada? I don’t think TNT is a thing up here?
I've heard TSN, but i don't think it's official

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Sep 5th, '19, 18:39

cero2k wrote: Sep 5th, '19, 16:15
Serujuunin wrote: Sep 5th, '19, 15:20 I don’t know if anyone here will have an answer, but does anyone know where I’ll be able to watch it in Canada? I don’t think TNT is a thing up here?
I've heard TSN, but i don't think it's official
It wouldn't surprise me, but up here RAW and Smackdown are on Sportsnet so it would make sense for NXT to be also, but I haven't seen anything from Sportsnet about it which is why I'm confused.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Sep 5th, '19, 20:12

Serujuunin wrote: Sep 5th, '19, 18:39

It wouldn't surprise me, but up here RAW and Smackdown are on Sportsnet so it would make sense for NXT to be also, but I haven't seen anything from Sportsnet about it which is why I'm confused.
well, for NXT I actually haven't heard anything. I think you'll need to just watch it on the thursday replay in the network.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Sep 5th, '19, 22:21

cero2k wrote: Sep 5th, '19, 20:12
Serujuunin wrote: Sep 5th, '19, 18:39

well, for NXT I actually haven't heard anything. I think you'll need to just watch it on the thursday replay in the network.
I probably will anyway because I would like to watch AEW and see what it's all about, I'm mostly wondering so I can set it up for my mom that it will record and she'll watch it XP Up to now, her only exposure has been me. She comes to watch the TakeOvers but I have to explain everything because she doesn't know who anyone is or what is happening.

I feel like it kind of defeats the purpose of airing in a competitive time slot with AEW to just have it on demand the next day.