Marko Stunt Officially Signs With AEW

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 18520
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Marko Stunt Officially Signs With AEW

Post by cero2k » Jul 30th, '19, 17:59

Source: f4wonline.com

Marko Stunt is the latest addition to the AEW roster.

Stunt announced today that he's officially signed with AEW: "It’s my 23rd birthday, and I can’t think of another way to celebrate, than by announcing something huge! I would like to announce that I have OFFICIALLY signed with @AEWrestling! Thank you to everyone who has supported me, and everyone at AEW! This is just the beginning"

Stunt, whose nickname is "Mr. Fun Size," has appeared at two of AEW's first three shows. He was an entrant in the Casino Battle Royale at Double or Nothing. At Fight for the Fallen, he appeared with Jungle Boy & Luchasaurus and got involved in their triple threat match against The Dark Order and Jack Evans & Angelico.

After gaining attention for his performance at Joey Janela's Lost in New York event with Game Changer Wrestling last year, Stunt took part in the Over Budget Battle Royale at All In.



User avatar
Thelone
Posts: 51
Joined: Jul 9th, '19, 16:22
Favorite Wrestler: MJF

Re: Marko Stunt Officially Signs With AEW

Post by Thelone » Jul 30th, '19, 18:00

Ugh...

User avatar
XIV
Posts: 1091
Joined: Aug 19th, '13, 11:38
Favorite Wrestler: Mick Foley

Re: Marko Stunt Officially Signs With AEW

Post by XIV » Aug 5th, '19, 10:31

Another talentless hack to add to their growing list of employed talentless hacks.
Have A Nice Day!

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 18520
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: Marko Stunt Officially Signs With AEW

Post by cero2k » Aug 5th, '19, 11:01

XIV wrote:
Aug 5th, '19, 10:31
Another talentless hack to add to their growing list of employed talentless hacks.
like who?

User avatar
XIV
Posts: 1091
Joined: Aug 19th, '13, 11:38
Favorite Wrestler: Mick Foley

Re: Marko Stunt Officially Signs With AEW

Post by XIV » Aug 6th, '19, 03:09

cero2k wrote:
Aug 5th, '19, 11:01
XIV wrote:
Aug 5th, '19, 10:31
Another talentless hack to add to their growing list of employed talentless hacks.
like who?
Jimmy Havoc - Bullshit backyard hardcore style, clearly untrained dangerous and boring.

Joey Janela - Looks like a tub of spilled butter and is as exciting to watch as cancer growth.

Darby Allin - Never gonna draw money looking like a bad impression of Vampiro.

Sonny Kiss - Cosplay bullshit wrestler

In fact. Just go back to that bullshit battle royal with the guy with his hands in pockets and the legless guy and that piece of shit who oils to get out of a waistlock.

Don’t even get me started on that no good piece of shit Joey Ryan.
Have A Nice Day!

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 23521
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: Marko Stunt Officially Signs With AEW

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 6th, '19, 06:43

XIV wrote:
Aug 6th, '19, 03:09
cero2k wrote:
Aug 5th, '19, 11:01
XIV wrote:
Aug 5th, '19, 10:31
Another talentless hack to add to their growing list of employed talentless hacks.
like who?


Darby Allin - Never gonna draw money looking like a bad impression of vampiro.
Dude... you've got to check out Darby Allin's EVOLVE run.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 23521
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: Marko Stunt Officially Signs With AEW

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 6th, '19, 06:45

I dont think it's fair to say that these guys gave no talent but I will definitely say that I think people loie Marko Stunt have a limited shelf life. Then again, I'm sure I said the same thing about Joey Ryan.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 18520
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: Marko Stunt Officially Signs With AEW

Post by cero2k » Aug 6th, '19, 07:57

XIV wrote:
Aug 6th, '19, 03:09
cero2k wrote:
Aug 5th, '19, 11:01
XIV wrote:
Aug 5th, '19, 10:31
Another talentless hack to add to their growing list of employed talentless hacks.
like who?
Jimmy Havoc - Bullshit backyard hardcore style, clearly untrained dangerous and boring.

Joey Janela - Looks like a tub of spilled butter and is as exciting to watch as cancer growth.

Darby Allin - Never gonna draw money looking like a bad impression of Vampiro.

Sonny Kiss - Cosplay bullshit wrestler

In fact. Just go back to that bullshit battle royal with the guy with his hands in pockets and the legless guy and that piece of shit who oils to get out of a waistlock.

Don’t even get me started on that no good piece of shit Joey Ryan.
that guy with no legs, Joey Ryan, they're not even signed.

Havoc is an awesome heel and totally trained, whether he uses it or not is another story, but the dude can go. his whole Progress reign was the best thing Progress ever did.

If you don't like Janela and Darby, fair enough, but those guys are exciting and the shit they do is the same reason why 19 years ago, we were all going crazy for Jeff Hardy. The younger crowd will get behind them.

What exactly is Sonny Kiss cosplaying? being gay?

User avatar
Thelone
Posts: 51
Joined: Jul 9th, '19, 16:22
Favorite Wrestler: MJF

Re: Marko Stunt Officially Signs With AEW

Post by Thelone » Aug 6th, '19, 08:32

cero2k wrote:
Aug 5th, '19, 11:01
like who?
When you remove "hardcore guy" and "taking stupid bumps" from Janela's "arsenal", he's a below average worker who looks like shit. Apparently TNT won't let them do hardcore matches and Allin has more upside as a guy who can take a ridiculous bump from time to time, so Janela is kinda useless.

Havoc would be fine if his current gimmick wasn't just "I'm a hardcore guy".

Stunt would be a mini in Mexico and even then, would stick out like a sore thumb because he just looks like a skinny teenager. You already have the diminutive babyface spot filled with Jungle Boy, no need for a much worse version. I mean, Stunt makes Cheeseburger look like Scott Steiner in comparison.

The tag division is mostly filled with "teams that do moves", which makes them interchangeable.

You know you're completely irrelevant when even the AEW crowd is chanting "Who are you?" during your big dramatic debut, but gotta give Big Kev's butt buddies a job since you can't get him for the time being. Just like the endless string of clowns ROH is trotting every year for the TPT, those guys were forgotten/unknown for good reasons.

Same kind of nepotism with Ospreay's girlfriend, Cole's girlfriend, Omega's former intergender partner, Omega's former girlfriend, Omega's goofball friend from DDT, Cody's friend from OVW, the Bucks "cabana boy" (whatever that means), and just about everyone on the roster seems to be related to someone else.

User avatar
KILLdozer
Posts: 5586
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 22:54
Favorite Wrestler: Idk
Location: Ocean Springs,MS.

Re: Marko Stunt Officially Signs With AEW

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 6th, '19, 09:47

...finally some sense around here!
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

User avatar
XIV
Posts: 1091
Joined: Aug 19th, '13, 11:38
Favorite Wrestler: Mick Foley

Re: Marko Stunt Officially Signs With AEW

Post by XIV » Aug 6th, '19, 11:16

cero2k wrote:
Aug 6th, '19, 07:57
XIV wrote:
Aug 6th, '19, 03:09
cero2k wrote:
Aug 5th, '19, 11:01


like who?
Jimmy Havoc - Bullshit backyard hardcore style, clearly untrained dangerous and boring.

Joey Janela - Looks like a tub of spilled butter and is as exciting to watch as cancer growth.

Darby Allin - Never gonna draw money looking like a bad impression of Vampiro.

Sonny Kiss - Cosplay bullshit wrestler

In fact. Just go back to that bullshit battle royal with the guy with his hands in pockets and the legless guy and that piece of shit who oils to get out of a waistlock.

Don’t even get me started on that no good piece of shit Joey Ryan.
that guy with no legs, Joey Ryan, they're not even signed.

Havoc is an awesome heel and totally trained, whether he uses it or not is another story, but the dude can go. his whole Progress reign was the best thing Progress ever did.

If you don't like Janela and Darby, fair enough, but those guys are exciting and the shit they do is the same reason why 19 years ago, we were all going crazy for Jeff Hardy. The younger crowd will get behind them.

What exactly is Sonny Kiss cosplaying? being gay?
Nope. He’s not cosplaying because he’s gay.... he’s cosplaying because what he wears is atrociously terrible.

We’re gonna have to disagree on Havoc. He’s just awful and pointless.

And no one can convince me that Allin or Janela are worth a damn in what is aspiring to be a mainstream promotion.

And that’s the thing here. AEW has its following of fans who will support Omega and The Bucks No matter what they do.

But some of the bullshit that AEW have tried so far will not fly on mainstream prime time TV.
Have A Nice Day!

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 18520
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: Marko Stunt Officially Signs With AEW

Post by cero2k » Aug 6th, '19, 11:51

Thelone wrote:
Aug 6th, '19, 08:32
cero2k wrote:
Aug 5th, '19, 11:01
like who?
When you remove "hardcore guy" and "taking stupid bumps" from Janela's "arsenal", he's a below average worker who looks like shit. Apparently TNT won't let them do hardcore matches and Allin has more upside as a guy who can take a ridiculous bump from time to time, so Janela is kinda useless.

Havoc would be fine if his current gimmick wasn't just "I'm a hardcore guy".

Stunt would be a mini in Mexico and even then, would stick out like a sore thumb because he just looks like a skinny teenager. You already have the diminutive babyface spot filled with Jungle Boy, no need for a much worse version. I mean, Stunt makes Cheeseburger look like Scott Steiner in comparison.

The tag division is mostly filled with "teams that do moves", which makes them interchangeable.
you say all those things like they're bad things. Not everyone needs to be having 5 star matches, and tons of wrestlers have made HOF careers out of being 'hardcore guy' with terrible bodies. Janela still has tons of charisma and not all his matches rely on things that would get censored on TV. Same with Havoc.

Marko is small, that's it, you need bodybuilders to have good wrestling? we haven't even seen how they're going to book him at all
Thelone wrote:
Aug 6th, '19, 08:32
You know you're completely irrelevant when even the AEW crowd is chanting "Who are you?" during your big dramatic debut, but gotta give Big Kev's butt buddies a job since you can't get him for the time being. Just like the endless string of clowns ROH is trotting every year for the TPT, those guys were forgotten/unknown for good reasons.

Same kind of nepotism with Ospreay's girlfriend, Cole's girlfriend, Omega's former intergender partner, Omega's former girlfriend, Omega's goofball friend from DDT, Cody's friend from OVW, the Bucks "cabana boy" (whatever that means), and just about everyone on the roster seems to be related to someone else.
not at all, you're irrelevant if after 10 shows, people are chanting 'who are you?'. Someone debuting doesn't need to be known by everyone.

Are you seriously calling nepotism on signing all that talent? Completely taking away the credit to their talent. Bea, Baker, fucking Riho are all great talent. It's the wrestling business, they all obviously know each other and fuck each other and date each other. What does it matter if they're related at all, that doesn't diminish anyone's talent and it's not like anyone has been rejected or fired or jobbed in AEW to say that they're taking spots from other people.

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 18520
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: Marko Stunt Officially Signs With AEW

Post by cero2k » Aug 6th, '19, 12:03

XIV wrote:
Aug 6th, '19, 11:16


Nope. He’s not cosplaying because he’s gay.... he’s cosplaying because what he wears is atrociously terrible.

We’re gonna have to disagree on Havoc. He’s just awful and pointless.

And no one can convince me that Allin or Janela are worth a damn in what is aspiring to be a mainstream promotion.

And that’s the thing here. AEW has its following of fans who will support Omega and The Bucks No matter what they do.

But some of the bullshit that AEW have tried so far will not fly on mainstream prime time TV.
then that's not cosplaying. cosplaying is wearing a costume, bad attires are a completely different thing, and when it comes to bad attires, he doesn't even make the top ten in current wrestling, hell not even the worst in the promotion.

Likewise, AEW has haters that will shit on it regardless of what they do. Just like WWE, ROH, Impact, NJPW, and so on.

We don't even know what the TV product will look like and if we judge by the amount of crap we've seen in WWE/Impact/ROH for the last 20 years, there really isn't much lower to go. They've had 3 shows with great wrestling and their road to shows have incredible production values, any idea that they're going to have a dumb product at this point are delusional hopes. They're not stupid people.

User avatar
XIV
Posts: 1091
Joined: Aug 19th, '13, 11:38
Favorite Wrestler: Mick Foley

Re: Marko Stunt Officially Signs With AEW

Post by XIV » Aug 7th, '19, 01:48

cero2k wrote:
Aug 6th, '19, 12:03
XIV wrote:
Aug 6th, '19, 11:16


Nope. He’s not cosplaying because he’s gay.... he’s cosplaying because what he wears is atrociously terrible.

We’re gonna have to disagree on Havoc. He’s just awful and pointless.

And no one can convince me that Allin or Janela are worth a damn in what is aspiring to be a mainstream promotion.

And that’s the thing here. AEW has its following of fans who will support Omega and The Bucks No matter what they do.

But some of the bullshit that AEW have tried so far will not fly on mainstream prime time TV.
then that's not cosplaying. cosplaying is wearing a costume, bad attires are a completely different thing, and when it comes to bad attires, he doesn't even make the top ten in current wrestling, hell not even the worst in the promotion.

Likewise, AEW has haters that will shit on it regardless of what they do. Just like WWE, ROH, Impact, NJPW, and so on.

We don't even know what the TV product will look like and if we judge by the amount of crap we've seen in WWE/Impact/ROH for the last 20 years, there really isn't much lower to go. They've had 3 shows with great wrestling and their road to shows have incredible production values, any idea that they're going to have a dumb product at this point are delusional hopes. They're not stupid people.
Granted, their top matches on the card have carried their shows, but their pre-shows have been full of tomfoolery and bullshit which doesn't really entice any potential last minute buyers into it.

It isn't delustional hopes at all for them to have a dumb product. On the contrary to most, I want AEW to work, top promotions battling it out brings the best out of everyone thats why Mexico and Japan have always had such great shows because there's always been stiff competition. AEW is never going to fully compete with WWE, the WWE machine is far too big. But they can compete for talent and moreoever, they can pay for top talent.

My issue is this. If you fill your card with crap that doesn't belong mainstream (people using stapleguns / putting cigarettes out on people's heads / hands-in-pocket wrestlers / people doing stupidly hokey dick flips) people aren't going to take the product seriously, worse than that, sponsors won't take you seriously. Who is going to want their brand associated with that? I know I wouldn't.

We all like comedy in wrestling. But not when it's obvious co-operation, obvious dance-routine choreography or at the expense of wrestling itself where you cannot take the whole show or product seriously.

AEW have the opportunity to be different. No need to focus on heel authority figures or WWE-kin bullshittery. In this day and age, where the business is exposed, those who watch wrestling just want matches fuelled by intriguing storylines between guys and girls which make the viewer want to tune in and wonder what's going to happen next.
Have A Nice Day!

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 18520
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: Marko Stunt Officially Signs With AEW

Post by cero2k » Aug 7th, '19, 09:22

XIV wrote:
Aug 7th, '19, 01:48
Granted, their top matches on the card have carried their shows, but their pre-shows have been full of tomfoolery and bullshit which doesn't really entice any potential last minute buyers into it.

It isn't delustional hopes at all for them to have a dumb product. On the contrary to most, I want AEW to work, top promotions battling it out brings the best out of everyone thats why Mexico and Japan have always had such great shows because there's always been stiff competition. AEW is never going to fully compete with WWE, the WWE machine is far too big. But they can compete for talent and moreoever, they can pay for top talent.

My issue is this. If you fill your card with crap that doesn't belong mainstream (people using stapleguns / putting cigarettes out on people's heads / hands-in-pocket wrestlers / people doing stupidly hokey dick flips) people aren't going to take the product seriously, worse than that, sponsors won't take you seriously. Who is going to want their brand associated with that? I know I wouldn't.

We all like comedy in wrestling. But not when it's obvious co-operation, obvious dance-routine choreography or at the expense of wrestling itself where you cannot take the whole show or product seriously.

AEW have the opportunity to be different. No need to focus on heel authority figures or WWE-kin bullshittery. In this day and age, where the business is exposed, those who watch wrestling just want matches fuelled by intriguing storylines between guys and girls which make the viewer want to tune in and wonder what's going to happen next.
I don't think there is any proof in any promotion that shows that pre-shows actually bring people in, and for every goofy thing AEW has done, they've also had Private Party tear the house down. This is like customer service, people always focus on the 'bad' things instead of the good things that really out-weight the bad ones.

Except the cards are not filled with things that don't 'belong' in mainstream, we have no reason to expect staple guns in a weekly show, and you're referring to wrestles who aren't even signed by AEW. Sponsors aren't really an issue, everyone is a corporate pig. If WWE can get away with the shit they do, there's no reason to believe that they won't do it for the Khans too who are far more wealthier than the McMahons.

In the same vein, i don't know what comedy you're talking about. The closest we've seen to comedy was them joking about Fyre Fest, which apparently wasn't a widely known news than I thought, and the Nakazawa match which was booked to serve the people at that specific gaming event, and people do LOVE Nakazawa. The librarians are a heel act no different from any other 90's gimmick, and they've only done pre-shows. And again, we have no reason to believe that the weekly episode will be full of that in a detrimental way. There are no pregnant champions in AEW.

AEW IS already different. If you follow the Road To shows since Double or Nothing, you'll realize that they're taking their feuds seriously. The wrestles come off as superstars. and real people.

User avatar
Thelone
Posts: 51
Joined: Jul 9th, '19, 16:22
Favorite Wrestler: MJF

Re: Marko Stunt Officially Signs With AEW

Post by Thelone » Aug 7th, '19, 15:08

cero2k wrote:
Aug 6th, '19, 11:51
you say all those things like they're bad things. Not everyone needs to be having 5 star matches, and tons of wrestlers have made HOF careers out of being 'hardcore guy' with terrible bodies. Janela still has tons of charisma and not all his matches rely on things that would get censored on TV. Same with Havoc.
I know Havoc can have a decent regular match, he just doesn't seem to have them too often anymore. Janela looked pretty damn bad in that trios match even though he barely did anything.

The fact that they put Havoc/Allin/Janela together for All Out is pretty telling as to how they see those three going forward.
Marko is small, that's it, you need bodybuilders to have good wrestling? we haven't even seen how they're going to book him at all
He's not just small, he's ridiculously small and skinny, as in not believable in any way. This guy should be an obnoxious manager for a monster heel at best (think Lio Rush with Lashley), not an in-ring talent.
not at all, you're irrelevant if after 10 shows, people are chanting 'who are you?'. Someone debuting doesn't need to be known by everyone.
It was clearly meant to be a big deal (not like Moxley of course, but still) and went over like a fart in church. The fact that they're the only heel team who should be in the tag tournament is pretty concerning since they'll most likely go deep if not all the way.
Are you seriously calling nepotism on signing all that talent? Completely taking away the credit to their talent. Bea, Baker, fucking Riho are all great talent. It's the wrestling business, they all obviously know each other and fuck each other and date each other. What does it matter if they're related at all, that doesn't diminish anyone's talent and it's not like anyone has been rejected or fired or jobbed in AEW to say that they're taking spots from other people.
Priestley is a living hazard, Baker is okay and desperately needs a gimmick, Riho is eh and they already have Sakazaki anyway (who's also eh). Frankly, bringing Priestley and Baker feels more like a weird chess game to have extra leverage if Ospreay and/or Cole decide to go somewhere else in the future.

Yes, you can say that the business always had top stars in key positions who brought people they knew to work with, but this is also what lead to their downfall most of the time. It could also create a negative image because outsiders might think that they'll never go anywhere if they're not buddies with Omega/the Bucks/Cody/Brandi. I mean, SHAWN SPEARS is getting this massive push despite being an almost 40yo jobber who spent close to ten years in developmental and never got anywhere because he's a good friend of the guy he's feuding with. You could easily have done the same storyline with Cody calling MJF "a decent prospect" and kinda shrugging him off.

User avatar
Bob-O
Posts: 3180
Joined: Dec 17th, '10, 06:06
Favorite Wrestler: Marty Scurll
Location: Erie, Pa

Re: Marko Stunt Officially Signs With AEW

Post by Bob-O » Aug 8th, '19, 00:43

Kinda late to the party here, but it seems to me that AEW in an effort to compete be an alternative to WWE is just trying to cater to every niche they can. What some say is 'trash' is another man's treasure, and I just see AEW covering all the bases. I'm not a fan of The Spring Break crowd, but it'd be silly to fault AEW for going after them... it's money left on the table!
Image

User avatar
XIV
Posts: 1091
Joined: Aug 19th, '13, 11:38
Favorite Wrestler: Mick Foley

Re: Marko Stunt Officially Signs With AEW

Post by XIV » Aug 8th, '19, 05:54

cero2k wrote:
Aug 7th, '19, 09:22
XIV wrote:
Aug 7th, '19, 01:48
Granted, their top matches on the card have carried their shows, but their pre-shows have been full of tomfoolery and bullshit which doesn't really entice any potential last minute buyers into it.

It isn't delustional hopes at all for them to have a dumb product. On the contrary to most, I want AEW to work, top promotions battling it out brings the best out of everyone thats why Mexico and Japan have always had such great shows because there's always been stiff competition. AEW is never going to fully compete with WWE, the WWE machine is far too big. But they can compete for talent and moreoever, they can pay for top talent.

My issue is this. If you fill your card with crap that doesn't belong mainstream (people using stapleguns / putting cigarettes out on people's heads / hands-in-pocket wrestlers / people doing stupidly hokey dick flips) people aren't going to take the product seriously, worse than that, sponsors won't take you seriously. Who is going to want their brand associated with that? I know I wouldn't.

We all like comedy in wrestling. But not when it's obvious co-operation, obvious dance-routine choreography or at the expense of wrestling itself where you cannot take the whole show or product seriously.

AEW have the opportunity to be different. No need to focus on heel authority figures or WWE-kin bullshittery. In this day and age, where the business is exposed, those who watch wrestling just want matches fuelled by intriguing storylines between guys and girls which make the viewer want to tune in and wonder what's going to happen next.
I don't think there is any proof in any promotion that shows that pre-shows actually bring people in, and for every goofy thing AEW has done, they've also had Private Party tear the house down. This is like customer service, people always focus on the 'bad' things instead of the good things that really out-weight the bad ones.

Except the cards are not filled with things that don't 'belong' in mainstream, we have no reason to expect staple guns in a weekly show, and you're referring to wrestles who aren't even signed by AEW. Sponsors aren't really an issue, everyone is a corporate pig. If WWE can get away with the shit they do, there's no reason to believe that they won't do it for the Khans too who are far more wealthier than the McMahons.

In the same vein, i don't know what comedy you're talking about. The closest we've seen to comedy was them joking about Fyre Fest, which apparently wasn't a widely known news than I thought, and the Nakazawa match which was booked to serve the people at that specific gaming event, and people do LOVE Nakazawa. The librarians are a heel act no different from any other 90's gimmick, and they've only done pre-shows. And again, we have no reason to believe that the weekly episode will be full of that in a detrimental way. There are no pregnant champions in AEW.

AEW IS already different. If you follow the Road To shows since Double or Nothing, you'll realize that they're taking their feuds seriously. The wrestles come off as superstars. and real people.
WWE clearly structure their pre-shows to give space for matches they don't feel belong on the main card... but they also present it like a sports presentation give pre-analysis. That's their intention. Doesn't make me want to buy the show either, in fact.... can everyone just stop doing pre-shows?

How can you say that battle royale for example was anything BUT an attempt at comedy? If it was meant to be serious then the problems are rooted deeper than first imagined.

You're right on the pregnant champion. But those 24/7 title skits are toilet / drinks / scroll through social media breaks and they're horrible. WWE should stop.

The wrestling at the top is good, the wrestling that is taken seriously and their video packages are decent with the feuds being serious. Yes, I like those things. But the whole presentation is brought down by the shite they insist on putting in. In fact... you know Cody is Dusty's son because if Dusty knew he has shite on the card, he bunched it all into one match so the trash was taken out early so he could focus on other things... the bunching of Janela, Allin & Havoc tells me Cody is prepared to do the same thing.

At the end of the day, it is always easier to criticise something because that's what we do as human beings. You could go to an amazing wedding, have a lovely time, but if the food was terrible or there was nothing at the buffet what does everyone remember? The terrible food first. That's what AEW is presenting with some of these awful people they have employed or aligned themselves with... they're the food at the wedding.
Have A Nice Day!

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 18520
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: Marko Stunt Officially Signs With AEW

Post by cero2k » Aug 8th, '19, 12:01

Thelone wrote:
Aug 7th, '19, 15:08
I know Havoc can have a decent regular match, he just doesn't seem to have them too often anymore. Janela looked pretty damn bad in that trios match even though he barely did anything.

The fact that they put Havoc/Allin/Janela together for All Out is pretty telling as to how they see those three going forward.

He's not just small, he's ridiculously small and skinny, as in not believable in any way. This guy should be an obnoxious manager for a monster heel at best (think Lio Rush with Lashley), not an in-ring talent.
They're all popular talent with the fans right now and they can all carry themselves good enough for what their position in the company is. Stunt hasn't even fought, we don't know how he is even going to be used, but if we've seen Rey Mysterio defeat Big Show, and Mascarida Dorada fight big dudes, and Ivelisse fight Mil Muertes, and Seth Rollins defeat Brock in under 5 minutes, and Bryan Danielson submit Batista, how is Marko Stunt now not believable? It's wrestling, it's fake anyway

Thelone wrote:
Aug 7th, '19, 15:08
It was clearly meant to be a big deal (not like Moxley of course, but still) and went over like a fart in church. The fact that they're the only heel team who should be in the tag tournament is pretty concerning since they'll most likely go deep if not all the way.
So something didn't worked as hoped in their very FIRST show, big deal. And we don't know what the tournament even looks like, we don't know all the teams, and if there are no heels, then maybe that's how you create them. Tournaments don't need faces and heels, especially when you tell your fans you're preparing a more sports-like product.
Thelone wrote:
Aug 7th, '19, 15:08
Priestley is a living hazard, Baker is okay and desperately needs a gimmick, Riho is eh and they already have Sakazaki anyway (who's also eh). Frankly, bringing Priestley and Baker feels more like a weird chess game to have extra leverage if Ospreay and/or Cole decide to go somewhere else in the future.
I'm just gonna go and put this under 'conspiracy theory'. Aside from signing the Stardom roster who already kinda works with ROH, or Tessa, I don't know what you expect for the women's roster here. They're all solid wrestlers and there really is no reason why you can't have more than one Japanese girl, or 7.
Thelone wrote:
Aug 7th, '19, 15:08
Yes, you can say that the business always had top stars in key positions who brought people they knew to work with, but this is also what lead to their downfall most of the time. It could also create a negative image because outsiders might think that they'll never go anywhere if they're not buddies with Omega/the Bucks/Cody/Brandi. I mean, SHAWN SPEARS is getting this massive push despite being an almost 40yo jobber who spent close to ten years in developmental and never got anywhere because he's a good friend of the guy he's feuding with. You could easily have done the same storyline with Cody calling MJF "a decent prospect" and kinda shrugging him off.
But Shawn Spears is killing it! Just because someone completely missuses you somewhere else doesn't mean you're done for, because if that was the case, Samoa Joe wouldn't be the best heel in WWE. Or Jay Lethal a champion in ROH. Or Juice Robinson a top contender in NJPW. MJF will have his due when they're ready, and it will be great. why build 2 when you can build 3?

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 18520
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: Marko Stunt Officially Signs With AEW

Post by cero2k » Aug 8th, '19, 12:39

XIV wrote:
Aug 8th, '19, 05:54

WWE clearly structure their pre-shows to give space for matches they don't feel belong on the main card... but they also present it like a sports presentation give pre-analysis. That's their intention. Doesn't make me want to buy the show either, in fact.... can everyone just stop doing pre-shows?
This i can agree with, there's no need for 'wrestling' pre-shows. Impact's pre-shows are usually just analysis and replays of important matches that built the shows, that's all that is needed.
XIV wrote:
Aug 8th, '19, 05:54
How can you say that battle royale for example was anything BUT an attempt at comedy? If it was meant to be serious then the problems are rooted deeper than first imagined.
It's a battle royale, it had a little big of everything, it wasn't all comedy. There's no reason why you can't have some comedy mixed up with serious stuff in such a large match.
XIV wrote:
Aug 8th, '19, 05:54
You're right on the pregnant champion. But those 24/7 title skits are toilet / drinks / scroll through social media breaks and they're horrible. WWE should stop.
I mean, i don't consider that any part of a wrestling show should ever be a toilet break, but if people really need them, I guess we should be grateful that AEW has Librarian matches then.
XIV wrote:
Aug 8th, '19, 05:54
The wrestling at the top is good, the wrestling that is taken seriously and their video packages are decent with the feuds being serious. Yes, I like those things. But the whole presentation is brought down by the shite they insist on putting in. In fact... you know Cody is Dusty's son because if Dusty knew he has shite on the card, he bunched it all into one match so the trash was taken out early so he could focus on other things... the bunching of Janela, Allin & Havoc tells me Cody is prepared to do the same thing.

At the end of the day, it is always easier to criticise something because that's what we do as human beings. You could go to an amazing wedding, have a lovely time, but if the food was terrible or there was nothing at the buffet what does everyone remember? The terrible food first. That's what AEW is presenting with some of these awful people they have employed or aligned themselves with... they're the food at the wedding.
i guess it's just a matter of perspectives. When I watch a show that ends with 3-4 awesome matches, a couple of comedy matches in a pre-show are 100% meaningless. I don't think I've ever seen something where one match fucked up the whole experience.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: NWK2000 and 4 guests