Will Ospreay to miss night four of NJPW G1 Climax due to injury

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Will Ospreay to miss night four of NJPW G1 Climax due to injury

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 14th, '19, 22:31

Source: www.F4WOnline.com

By Bryan Rose | @br26 | Jul 14, 2019 9:17 pm

Will Ospreay is out of tomorrow morning’s G1 Climax card due to a neck injury.

NJPW’s English website posted the news this evening, putting him out of a undercard tag team match for this morning's event. The specific injury to his neck has not been made clear. The site noted that his status for his next G1 Climax match on 7/18 against Kota Ibushi will be determined following a medical evaluation.

“Sorry I couldn’t make it out there guys,” Ospreay wrote on Twitter shortly after the announcement. “I’m in a huge amount of pain right now but New Japan is giving me all the best treatment and taking great care of my health. I’ll do my best to continue the G1.”

The match Ospreay was scheduled to compete in this morning was a tag team match pairing him with Yota Tsuji and Yuya Uemura against Kota Ibushi, Shota Umino and Jushin Thunder Liger. It will now be a tag team match with Kota Ibushi and Jushin Thunder Liger taking on Shota Umino and Yota Tsuji.

Ospreay last wrestled on the morning of 7/14, defeating SANADA in his second G1 Climax match.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Will Ospreay to miss night four of NJPW G1 Climax due to injury

Post by cero2k » Jul 17th, '19, 09:02

UPDATE

Will Ospreay is returning to the ring in time for night five of NJPW's G1 Climax.

NJPW announced that, after suffering a neck injury, Ospreay has undergone a thorough examination and has been cleared to return to the ring. Ospreay will face Kota Ibushi in an A Block match in the main event of night five of the G1, which is taking place at Korakuen Hall in Tokyo on Thursday morning.

Ospreay wrote about being cleared: "Death can kiss me all it wants, it never nails me. Translation: I got the green light. See you tomorrow Korakuen."

Ospreay missed a tag match on night four of the tournament this Monday due to the neck injury. On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer noted that the injury was a stinger and that Ospreay suffered it in his match against SANADA on night three of the G1.

Ospreay has had two tournament matches thus far, losing to Lance Archer on night one and defeating SANADA on night three.