John Hennigan Now A Free Agent

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Bob-O

John Hennigan Now A Free Agent

Post by Bob-O » Jul 8th, '19, 16:27

Source: sescoops

Johnny “Impact” Hennigan is no longer under contract with Impact Wrestling.

The former Impact World Champion finished his current run with the promotion at Sunday’s Slammiversary pay-per-view, according to PWInsider. He lost to X-Division Champion Rich Swann on the show.

His contract actually expired several weeks ago, but the two sides agreed that he would work through the PPV in order to close out his storyline with Swann.

Johnny Impact is now technically a free agent, although the two sides are continuing to discuss the possibility of working together again in the future.

Hennigan’s wife, Taya Valkyrie, who is the current Impact Knockouts Champion, is still under contract with the company as her deal is believed to run through the end of 2019.

Hennigan had been under contract with the promotion since 2017 where he became a top star for them with his Mayor of Slamtown” persona. He also became a top star for the El Rey Network’s Lucha Underground promotion where he performed as Johnny Mundo.

Time will tell whether he makes a new deal with Impact Wrestling or signs with other promotions such as WWE, AEW, NJPW, ROH, and MLW.

KILLdozer

Re: John Hennigan Now A Free Agent

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 8th, '19, 19:51

Maybe he will go back to WWE? I mean, he's been around pretty much everywhere else by now.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jul 8th, '19, 23:05

KILLdozer wrote: Jul 8th, '19, 19:51 Maybe he will go back to WWE? I mean, he's been around pretty much everywhere else by now.
Well, if WWE is keeping up their policy of throwing money at anyone popular so AEW can't have them, that's where he'll probably be.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jul 9th, '19, 09:03

Serujuunin wrote: Jul 8th, '19, 23:05
KILLdozer wrote: Jul 8th, '19, 19:51 Maybe he will go back to WWE? I mean, he's been around pretty much everywhere else by now.
Well, if WWE is keeping up their policy of throwing money at anyone popular so AEW can't have them, that's where he'll probably be.
I think he's at the point in his career where going back to WWE would be the smart thing to do. Unless he's trying to branch out into Hollywood again, I can't see anyone getting a return on the investment he'll be asking. Maybe Ring of Honor, but at his age, I think WWE could use him immediately (he's such a better fit in Ziggler's role), and in a few years I could see them wanting him in the PC.

I honestly don't see AEW being interested. They seem to have things figured out on the spot of the card he'd want to be on. Not really Jericho/Moxley/Omega status, but I could see him wanting to get that treatment. I don't see it being a good fit.

I could see Sinclair ponying up for "a name", but I think a featured spot in WWE would be realistic... and the timing is absolutely perfect.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jul 9th, '19, 09:11

...also...
Not gonna lie, most of me just wants to see his WWE entrance again. One of my all time favs...

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jul 9th, '19, 10:57

Bob-O wrote: Jul 9th, '19, 09:11 ...also...
Not gonna lie, most of me just wants to see his WWE entrance again. One of my all time favs...
Truth. And I would just like to see him vs. Ricochet or Finn Balor, just once, to make me happy.

And I know he fought Ricochet in LU, but I don’t mean in a “throw themselves through things and off things” kind of match. :P

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 9th, '19, 11:42

Serujuunin wrote: Jul 9th, '19, 10:57
And I know he fought Ricochet in LU, but I don’t mean in a “throw themselves through things and off things” kind of match. :P
those two rarely did stuff like that there. Their All Night Long match was one of the best Johnny matches he's had

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jul 9th, '19, 15:00

cero2k wrote: Jul 9th, '19, 11:42
those two rarely did stuff like that there. Their All Night Long match was one of the best Johnny matches he's had
I didn’t get to watch all of LU, because it never was on TV here and I didn’t have a service that had it, so I only caught bits. I guess I missed the good bits lol

I just remember someone falling from on top of the office thing and it was crazy.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jul 10th, '19, 07:37

Truth. And I would just like to see him vs. Ricochet or Finn Balor, just once, to make me happy.

Ricochet, Balor, Bryan, Zayn, Andrade, Black, Rollins, AJ, and there's the Gargano's, and the Ciampa's, and the Cole's brewing in NXT that would be fun. Above all, I'd love love LOVE to watch a personal feud play out with The Miz based around Miz "staying loyal" and who's more successful... long story short, he'd have PLENTY to do that I think long-term fans would love to see.

I say it'd be perfect timing because nobody is really ~doing~ anything substantial storyline wise. Morrison could slide right in anywhere on the card and be a contender right away, and possibly get pushed to the moon because he's a familiar face that WWE hasn't had the chance to screw up yet.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jul 10th, '19, 10:28

Bob-O wrote: Jul 10th, '19, 07:37

Ricochet, Balor, Bryan, Zayn, Andrade, Black, Rollins, AJ, and there's the Gargano's, and the Ciampa's, and the Cole's brewing in NXT that would be fun. Above all, I'd love love LOVE to watch a personal feud play out with The Miz based around Miz "staying loyal" and who's more successful... long story short, he'd have PLENTY to do that I think long-term fans would love to see.

I say it'd be perfect timing because nobody is really ~doing~ anything substantial storyline wise. Morrison could slide right in anywhere on the card and be a contender right away, and possibly get pushed to the moon because he's a familiar face that WWE hasn't had the chance to screw up yet.
Key phrase there. And with the way they’ve been treating my favourite guys on the main roster, I’d almost want him to just go to NXT.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 10th, '19, 11:19

Serujuunin wrote: Jul 10th, '19, 10:28

Key phrase there. And with the way they’ve been treating my favourite guys on the main roster, I’d almost want him to just go to NXT.
Again with "YOUR FAVORITE GUYS"....

Alright then, can we just get Sasha Banks, Asuka, Kairi Sane, Zelina Vega, And Up Shirai all in one match?

My favorite women lol.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 10th, '19, 11:34

KILLdozer wrote: Jul 10th, '19, 11:19

Alright then, can we just get Sasha Banks, Asuka, Kairi Sane, Zelina Vega, And Up Shirai all in one match?

My favorite women lol.
sure, next WM in the Moolah Memorial Battle Royal. Nia Jax wins tho.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 10th, '19, 11:39

cero2k wrote: Jul 10th, '19, 11:34

My favorite women lol.
sure, next WM in the Moolah Memorial Battle Royal. Nia Jax wins tho.
I actually discussed her with someone the other day...I said "Idek where she's been at lately."

Good though...

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 10th, '19, 11:52

KILLdozer wrote: Jul 10th, '19, 11:39 I actually discussed her with someone the other day...I said "Idek where she's been at lately."

Good though...
injured, i think she's already doing rehab

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 10th, '19, 11:56

cero2k wrote: Jul 10th, '19, 11:52
KILLdozer wrote: Jul 10th, '19, 11:39 I actually discussed her with someone the other day...I said "Idek where she's been at lately."

Good though...
That's right, it was like both knees or quads or some similar lower body shit.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jul 10th, '19, 17:27

KILLdozer wrote: Jul 10th, '19, 11:56
cero2k wrote: Jul 10th, '19, 11:52

Good though...
That's right, it was like both knees or quads or some similar lower body shit.
Pretty sure it was her knees but yeah, she was in rehab like right away after.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jul 10th, '19, 17:30

My favorite women lol.
Find a tag team partner for Sasha and Zelina, and do a six woman tag match lol. Because solo women aren’t allowed to get a spotlight if your name isn’t Becky Lynch.

And aren’t I allowed to be unhappy with what the wrestlers I like are doing? I don’t want them to all be in the main event but it would be nice to have some character consistency with Aleister from NXT, to see the Intercontinental Champion Finn Balor on TV doing meaningful things regularly, or McIntyre to be more than Shane’s muscle, and just generally not fear for Gargano or Cole to get called up because of “callup syndrome”? It’s just part of being a wrestling fan lol.

And no more Lacey Evans.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 10th, '19, 19:49

Serujuunin wrote: Jul 10th, '19, 17:30

My favorite women lol.
Find a tag team partner for Sasha and Zelina, and do a six woman tag match lol. Because solo women aren’t allowed to get a spotlight if your name isn’t Becky Lynch.

And aren’t I allowed to be unhappy with what the wrestlers I like are doing? I don’t want them to all be in the main event but it would be nice to have some character consistency with Aleister from NXT, to see the Intercontinental Champion Finn Balor on TV doing meaningful things regularly, or McIntyre to be more than Shane’s muscle, and just generally not fear for Gargano or Cole to get called up because of “callup syndrome”? It’s just part of being a wrestling fan lol.

And no more Lacey Evans.
All valid points, but you know I'm just a dang I'm kidder man...

She wasn't bad at all in NXT...it was probably too soon though.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jul 10th, '19, 20:59

KILLdozer wrote: Jul 10th, '19, 19:49
Serujuunin wrote: Jul 10th, '19, 17:30

My favorite women lol.

And no more Lacey Evans.

Lol I know, I'm just venting, I guess.

I can't stand her for some reason. I'm not sold on her in the ring and I just find her character obnoxious. Did in NXT too. And I'm kind of over punches as signature moves tbh. I hated it with the Big Show's "WMD", and he even had big enough fists that it made sense. I find it hard to believe IRL that Lacey can punch harder than Becky or Charlotte or Sasha or even Nia Jax.

Maybe Lacey and Nia can feud when she gets back over who gets to use a punch as a finisher since Nia broke Becky's face.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jul 10th, '19, 23:43

Serujuunin wrote: Jul 10th, '19, 20:59
KILLdozer wrote: Jul 10th, '19, 19:49
Serujuunin wrote: Jul 10th, '19, 17:30 Find a tag team partner for Sasha and Zelina, and do a six woman tag match lol. Because solo women aren’t allowed to get a spotlight if your name isn’t Becky Lynch.

And no more Lacey Evans.

Lol I know, I'm just venting, I guess.

I can't stand her for some reason. I'm not sold on her in the ring and I just find her character obnoxious. Did in NXT too. And I'm kind of over punches as signature moves tbh. I hated it with the Big Show's "WMD", and he even had big enough fists that it made sense. I find it hard to believe IRL that Lacey can punch harder than Becky or Charlotte or Sasha or even Nia Jax.

Maybe Lacey and Nia can feud when she gets back over who gets to use a punch as a finisher since Nia broke Becky's face.
To me, Lacey was brought in to be a "diva" during a time I was pretty happy about the pushes going to "wrestlers" and I resent her for that. I like the character, and she's good at it, but she's drizzling shits in the ring and I got pissed as soon as the dirt sheets started reporting that the plan for 2019 was to go with her and Becky on their respective brands. It gave me some horrible Bella Twin flashbacks and it makes me very angry. Like, Asuke losing to Carmella type of angry. You can't claim to be taking the women seriously and pull this kind of shit at the same time. Having her as a serious contender for either title is the female equivalent of throwing No Way Jose into a program with Seth Rollins for three months because Vince thinks he looks cool.

It's not her fault, but she represents a mindset that disappoints me greatly.