Jeff Cobb vs Matt Taven announced for ROH Best in the World 2019

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
cero2k
Site Admin

Jeff Cobb vs Matt Taven announced for ROH Best in the World 2019

Post by cero2k » May 29th, '19, 17:54

Source: rohwrestling.com

After Jeff Cobb lost the ROH World Television Title to Shane Taylor in a Four Corner Survival Match a few weeks ago despite not factoring into the decision, the Hawaiian Juggernaut shocked fans -- and probably Taylor as well -- by not asking for a rematch.

Instead, Cobb said he wants ROH World Champion Matt Taven in a title match. Taven accepted the challenge, and the ROH Board of Directors have now made it official:

Taven will defend the title against Cobb at the Best in the World pay-per-view (streaming live for HonorClub) on June 28 at Baltimore’s UMBC Event Center. As with all of Taven’s title defenses going forward, his fellow Kingdom members TK O’Ryan and Vinny Marseglia are banned from ringside.

When issuing the challenge, Cobb pointed out that he still has yet to be pinned or forced to submit in an ROH ring.

“I want the man that’s bragging about being the best world champion in Ring of Honor history,” Cobb said on the most recent episode of “Ring of Honor Wrestling.” “I want Matt Taven. More importantly, I want what Matt Taven has, and that’s the Ring of Honor World Championship.”

Taven, who is riding high after successfully defending his title against PCO, Mark Haskins and Flip Gordon since winning the title at G1 Supercard on April 6, said he has no problem putting his championship on the line against Cobb.

“I fear no man,” Taven told Cobb, “because I am Matt Taven.”

Cobb is looking to become the sixth man to use the ROH World Television Title as a springboard to the ROH World Title. The last man to do it? Taven, who held the ROH World Television Title for 287 days in 2013-2014.

Will Cobb make history at Best in the World? Or will Taven knock Cobb from the ranks of the undefeated just like he did PCO?

Join us live in Baltimore, on pay-per-view or streaming for HonorClub to find out!

NOTE: If Taven loses the title to “Hot Sauce” Tracy Williams on June 1 in Kent, Was., Williams will replace him against Cobb.

ROH PRESENTS BEST IN THE WORLD (LIVE ON PAY-PER-VIEW AND STREAMING ON HONORCLUB)
FRIDAY, JUNE 28TH
BELL TIME @ 08:00 PM EASTERN

UMBC EVENT CENTER
1000 HILLTOP CIRCLE
BALTIMORE , MD 1250